Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Training > Energy Working, Constructs, and Shielding

Energy Working, Constructs, and Shielding Discuss moving and sensing energy, creating shields, psi balls and other constructs, linking, defensive techniques, and more.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:29 AM   #1
Mind&Truth
Student

Mind&Truth is an unknown quantity at this point
Scan me for ability major

Hi, I would like to have some scan me and tell me what ability I have. I'm new so I would like to know what info or what I need to do for you to find me. Thanks in advance.
Mind&Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:31 AM   #2
Tharlion

Tharlion is an unknown quantity at this point
A person does not have a singular ability, there are a abilities that one may excel at due to there mental state but one can learn any ability as long a they actually have the right mindset and motivation. It is all a matter of perspective, well, as long as the ability is feasible that is.
Tharlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:51 PM   #3
Minsc

Minsc is an unknown quantity at this point
If you look at a person with your eyes you can't tell what abilities they have physically until they demonstrate it.

And scanning someone psychically, well perceptions psychically are crap compared to physical.
Minsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind&Truth View Post
Hi, I would like to have some scan me and tell me what ability I have. I'm new so I would like to know what info or what I need to do for you to find me. Thanks in advance.
PM will be with you shortly.

Intent of another who feels a need for the data is the primary requirement.

Ideally no other data is required. A tasker will generally hand out a mnemonic, pseudo random tag consisting of letters and numbers.

A viewer/scanner will then give them data evoked or perceived as relevant to the target tag. Blind, no data, no front loading, no nothing.

The less data you give, the better. Ideally none. Confirmation / feedback is very helpful for training, but on real targets you might never get feedback.

One instance of a current group doing this is "Find Me". An example of an individual doing this under television conditions is Joe McMoneagle.

http://www.findmegroup.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
If you look at a person with your eyes you can't tell what abilities they have physically until they demonstrate it.

And scanning someone psychically, well perceptions psychically are crap compared to physical.
Scanning is largely based on physical sensation. Not my words, that's Lyn Buchanan's take on it... not truly a mental skill so much as a mind that can accurately describe a sensation.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote