Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Parenting and Children

Parenting and Children Discuss raising psi-active children, psi-related activities for kids, and more.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
Lok

Lok is an unknown quantity at this point
Parenting a psi-active child

Is anyone else here raising a psi-active child? What do they do? How do you cope?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
mikelj84606

mikelj84606 is an unknown quantity at this point
i am a psi active child now grown and married. i can try to help where i can. what questions do you have.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:43 AM   #3
Lok

Lok is an unknown quantity at this point
parenting

Basically I was hoping we parents could share stories and give each other advice.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
[V]

[V] is an unknown quantity at this point
Well that depends, is the kid really pissing you off? Who says you gotta 'cope'
[V] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:01 AM   #5
LuciferPath

LuciferPath is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm a psi active child. And yes we can be cruel.
LuciferPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember once when Charli(my daughter) came with me to my friends house. Rather interesting thing happened, without having ever consciously explained to her what my best friend Jason looked like, she walked up straight to him, greeted him by name and gave him a hug. I don't remember ever telling her about him nor had she ever met him, was an interesting experience to say the least. At the end of the day I won't actively force her to learn any of this, but if she ever asks me why it's happening I'll be the one there to help her cope with the abilities.

Just remember, it's not about us parents coping with our kids, they didn't choose to be here nor should they ever be seen as a burden(not that you were implying such a thing). But, at the end of the day we just need to be there for them to help them.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
mr.odd
what's that over there?

Location: currently in the U.S. hoping to travel for a time within the next two decades.
mr.odd is an unknown quantity at this point
Being a psi active child can be (and often is) really scary if you don't know what's going on. I remember always thinking I was weak and pathetic, just because I didnt know what an empath was. I sectretly hated being around others, but didn't have an outlet for my stress. plus, I had such low self-esteem, I just 'sank' into any crowd that would take me in (and they often weren't the nicest bunch). I was so out of whack, I couldn't even tell subconciously that I was being overloaded.

I (subconciously) discovered that during 5th grade (and took REALLY long bathroom breaks), but the most I knew about psychic abilities conciously came from what i saw on Pokemon. But the worst part of it was that my mom knew about all of this, and never told me, nor did anything effective about it (to the extent of my knowledge). when I did discover what I had, I went to her with it, She said we are part of a line of born-on empaths(not strictly in those words, though), and that I was too young to understand when I was a child. Perhaps she was right, but if she can do half of what she claims, she could have at least shielded me.

Also, when we moved into the house we live in now, I always had a feeling of terror whenever I was alone. I discovered two years ago that our house is haunted by a malicious spirit, and only recently have I begun to make efforts to exorcise the thing.

First, find out what your child's abilities are. not so easy, as chldren can be like teens when it comes to these sorts of things. Anyway, Once those are identified, see if you can explain what's going on.

If your child is too young to understand psionics, then shield him/her, and wait until they're old/mature enough to understand. Going through childhood constantly overloaded is something no-one should have to deal with.
mr.odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
BlazingAngel

BlazingAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Ha. I am 13, and I discovered I have natural psychic abilities when I was 11. I was at the beach when all of a sudden I was literally seeing through peoples eyes. I told my parents and they said I was reading to many harry potter books. Also telepathically gave my brother a terrible nightmare. I don't do that anymore.
BlazingAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
darkphoenix
Psion

darkphoenix is an unknown quantity at this point
hey im 13 too i did psi and only told my bro since i was like 5 i stopped for awhile but im in it again.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #10
Brightwing
Junior Staff

Brightwing is an unknown quantity at this point
It depends on the person and abilities in question. I never had many issues as a child, as my abilities were primarily combative. All that happened, was people did what I wanted them to do in most cases, and people didn't like arguing with me. Made me feel smart :P
Brightwing is offline   Reply With Quote