Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Fluff and Flights of Fancy

Fluff and Flights of Fancy Is it absurd, "out there", vanishingly unlikely, ridiculous, or logically a bit questionable? Here's where it goes!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #61
shaggypriest

shaggypriest is an unknown quantity at this point
um that brings some things to light
Old 12-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #62
Minsc

Minsc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiningwolf View Post
No-one can stop nukes with their minds. And WW is a she right? And isn't she a member of the House? Ancients are like the supermen of energywork or something (nothing like super ridiculous though).

Arcane last I heard hasn't found someone who can do telekinesis.

This physical plane isn't really understood. Everyone has a different idea of its nature. If someone could bend a spoon, they could find out.
Minsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #63
Daimon
Head of the Defense Department

Daimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura about
I've done telekinesis, but it's not a reliable skill or very useful skill in reality.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #64
Minsc

Minsc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimon View Post
I've done telekinesis, but it's not a reliable skill or very useful skill in reality.
There was someone here who said his "subconscious" did it and he believed really hard and it happened slowly. He moved the psi-wheel a little bit.

A lot of people think the physical world is some kind of giant hologram or some other illusion. Other think it's two-dimensional only and the other dimensions are an illusion. And so on.

With telekinesis, one should hopefully be able to find out what's going on?
Minsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #65
Daimon
Head of the Defense Department

Daimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura about
Telekinesis is not useful for finding out how the world works. lol

There are many theories as to how it works, having done it I can tell you: I'm not sure how it works.

The "just do it" and the "believe it until it's true" techniques are not something I've used, I've never assumed I knew how to do it, I figured out how to do it, and I never trued to convince myself I already knew how to do it.

It's a skill, like any other skill.

You can't "just do it" when it comes to driving race cars, you can't just convince yourself you know how to do it either, and be successful at any skill, and Psionics is no different.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #66
Macman
Great Soul

Macman is on a distinguished road
telekinesis

Telekinesis is motion from afar.

In science there are three at a distance forces; electrical fields, magnetic fields, and gravity fields. Consciousness interacts with space because it stays localized to the body except for specialized training, unusual events, or death. Space is relative so it is always in motion. Changes in the spacial configuration of consciousness alters electrical, magnetic, and gravity fields.

Words that are useful are for those; to whom that are worthy, to whom that they chose.
Psions are that which Psions are for life is that which life is.

Truth is the only source for free energy.
Patterns are patterns because of how they make use of information to define energy.

I am a psionist and general pain-in-the-ass-to-understand. This humorously speaking and literal all too often. If I don't make sense, then this is your friendly reminder to tell me to be more intuitive.

Last edited by Macman; 12-23-2013 at 09:19 PM. Reason: clarity
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #67
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
There is no electrical force and magnetic force, it's just Electromagnetic force. What I think you are trying to refer to is the four fundamental forces. Of which, Electromagnetic and gravity are the only long range forces. The short range forces are the Weak and Strong forces. The University of Georgia has posted a nice summary of these forces.

Fundemental forces outline - http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...forcon.html#c1

Fundemental forces - Strong, Electromagnetic and Weak. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...funfor.html#c1

Fundemental force - Gravity. http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...grav.html#grav

Macman, I recommend you go through that stuff and brush up on your physics if you plan on figuring out how psi works in any meaningful way.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:55 AM   #68
Macman
Great Soul

Macman is on a distinguished road
I did look at the physics website but as I responded to the material I had a better idea of what psi was. Psi as it is was not mentioned by science. Truth seeking allowed me to identify the best possible scientific basis of psi.

The truth is that psi energy is a state of space. Psi energy will interact with space to cause motion. Motion of space will manifest as whatever type of field it is.

I left a message with you Nomad but my thinking is strange and I still don't know what the math is for psi energy in scientific equations. Regardless of the math I have a right feel for psi energy and I am working on the math. I plan on becoming an engineer, then a math based physics type of scientist.

Words that are useful are for those; to whom that are worthy, to whom that they chose.
Psions are that which Psions are for life is that which life is.

Truth is the only source for free energy.
Patterns are patterns because of how they make use of information to define energy.

I am a psionist and general pain-in-the-ass-to-understand. This humorously speaking and literal all too often. If I don't make sense, then this is your friendly reminder to tell me to be more intuitive.

Last edited by Macman; 01-27-2014 at 03:15 AM.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote