Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Fluff and Flights of Fancy

Fluff and Flights of Fancy Is it absurd, "out there", vanishingly unlikely, ridiculous, or logically a bit questionable? Here's where it goes!

Old 09-01-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
noodlebin

noodlebin is on a distinguished road
Are there other types of entities out there?

As in, could i sensify my self to be able to see 'faeries' and 'elves', or other traditional fantasy creatures? I 40% doubt it, but hey, that leaves 60%
noodlebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:02 PM   #2
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Your path is your own to find.

I'm done with advising you, Mr Canadian Hacker. Or is it Miss, so much equality these days?

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
This posits that they exist as your imagination has defined them to be.

If you want to see the fae, you first have to figure out what you mean when you think of the fae.

History and folk-tales might be a good place to start... But are you learning about the actual fae or are you learning about the mythologized archetype that we created to represent the fae?

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #4
noodlebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redregon View Post
This posits that they exist as your imagination has defined them to be.

If you want to see the fae, you first have to figure out what you mean when you think of the fae.

History and folk-tales might be a good place to start... But are you learning about the actual fae or are you learning about the mythologized archetype that we created to represent the fae?
well i'd right guess the real ones, my dude
Old 09-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #5
noodlebin

wooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat McDonald View Post
Your path is your own to find.

I'm done with advising you, Mr Canadian Hacker. Or is it Miss, so much equality these days?
mister, my dude/gal
Old 09-05-2017, 06:16 PM   #6
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlebin View Post
well i'd right guess the real ones, my dude
Then I guess the first step would be to figure out precisely who it is you're looking for... That probably means a butt-load of research into folk-tales.

So, do research and look for commonalities. Things that regardless of each different culture's take on the fae, what sorts of traits are there at the fundamental level of each.

If you can figure out what traits are most commonly attributed to the fae, you'll have a starting point to critically examine the lore associated and maybe piece together how to identify the actual fae from the constructs that have inevitably been created as a result of the shared mythology (which is how egregores are often formed.)

Also, be wary. Your imagination and the various flotsam-and-jetsam that's around and associated with the fae may trip you up. But if you can approach it with a critical mindset you may be able to find a way to contact them.

(that being said, you're on your own if you actually do contact them. If the legends are true then the fae aren't beings you really want to fuck with. And I'm not saying this as a "be nice" kinda thing. More that one of the traits that is almost universal that I am aware of is that they are tricksters at heart... So, if you do contact them and you don't step right, they may decide to fuck with you or your loved ones in a way that you will not like... And in a way you will be unable to defend against.)

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #7
noodlebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redregon View Post
Then I guess the first step would be to figure out precisely who it is you're looking for... That probably means a butt-load of research into folk-tales.

So, do research and look for commonalities. Things that regardless of each different culture's take on the fae, what sorts of traits are there at the fundamental level of each.

If you can figure out what traits are most commonly attributed to the fae, you'll have a starting point to critically examine the lore associated and maybe piece together how to identify the actual fae from the constructs that have inevitably been created as a result of the shared mythology (which is how egregores are often formed.)

Also, be wary. Your imagination and the various flotsam-and-jetsam that's around and associated with the fae may trip you up. But if you can approach it with a critical mindset you may be able to find a way to contact them.

(that being said, you're on your own if you actually do contact them. If the legends are true then the fae aren't beings you really want to fuck with. And I'm not saying this as a "be nice" kinda thing. More that one of the traits that is almost universal that I am aware of is that they are tricksters at heart... So, if you do contact them and you don't step right, they may decide to fuck with you or your loved ones in a way that you will not like... And in a way you will be unable to defend against.)
i only wanted to know, i don't plan on contacting anything anytime soon