Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Fluff and Flights of Fancy

Fluff and Flights of Fancy Is it absurd, "out there", vanishingly unlikely, ridiculous, or logically a bit questionable? Here's where it goes!

View Poll Results: Do you think a war is REALLY coming?
Yes 49 21.78%
No 126 56.00%
DUH OF COURSE 50 22.22%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #31
genjo

apparently this all started out, this banter about a war, because some idiot saw a mayan calendar end, and assumed that it was the end of the world.
even if there was some "war", i doubt itd be psion vs psion to be honest.
and besides, whats the worst someone can do? like stated, using all your psychich energy to utilise the MIGRAINE technique.ohh wow.
:supermad:
Old 04-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #32
Elliptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjo
and besides, whats the worst someone can do? like stated, using all your psychich energy to utilise the MIGRAINE technique.ohh wow.
It's not difficult to kill someone using psychic means. Telepathic applications can, when used properly, induce seizure or coma. Nina Kulagina demonstrated the use of PK to kill a frog by stopping its heart. The US dedicated much research under GRILLFLAME to stopping goat hearts. Further, enough energetic damage to energy centers or to the core systems of a person can cause an energetic collapse or failure. The body often follows suit.

Just because you've never seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Edit: The only war I can foresee coming is over these damnable smileys. Hehe
Old 04-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #33
genjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliptic
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjo
It's not difficult to kill someone using psychic means. Telepathic applications can, when used properly, induce seizure or coma. Nina Kulagina demonstrated the use of PK to kill a frog by stopping its heart. The US dedicated much research under GRILLFLAME to stopping goat hearts. Further, enough energetic damage to energy centers or to the core systems of a person can cause an energetic collapse or failure. The body often follows suit.

Just because you've never seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Edit: The only war I can foresee coming is over these damnable smileys. Hehe
i never said i haven't seen it...iv seen some aikido masters do their stuff, very strange. it is rather easy to kill someone psionically - *gasp* oh wait, IF YOU KNOW HOW.

all im saying, is think: out of all the psions...what percentage of them can use fatal techniques? just think though...thats probably a tiny percentage. and those who can are smart enough not to use them.

another point is that when i said about it not being psion vs psion, i was hinting at spirits/demons/whatever the hell they are.

there are lost of things in this world which we cant explain.

EDIT: the smileys thing, its abit true lol
Old 04-01-2006, 09:10 PM   #34
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Winged_Wolf is on a distinguished road
Love my smilies!!! :catchduckie:

The primary reason there won't be any big war is because psis currently have more of an anarchy/feudal system going. Small warring tribes. How in the world would you EVER unify any significant number of them under one 'flag'?
:wolfpaint:

Visit Eclipse Metaphysical, and Eclipse Exotics, my business sites: http://www.eclipsemetaphysical.com/
http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
My Home Page: http://www.wingedwolfpsion.com/
My Author site: http://www.donnafernstrom.com
"We have gone beyond wisdom" - Archchancellor Trymen, 'The Colour of Magic'
Winged_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:15 PM   #35
Elliptic

Quote:
Genjo said:
i never said i haven't seen it...iv seen some aikido masters do their stuff, very strange. it is rather easy to kill someone psionically - *gasp* oh wait, IF YOU KNOW HOW.

all im saying, is think: out of all the psions...what percentage of them can use fatal techniques? just think though...thats probably a tiny percentage. and those who can are smart enough not to use them.

another point is that when i said about it not being psion vs psion, i was hinting at spirits/demons/whatever the hell they are.

there are lost of things in this world which we cant explain.

EDIT: the smileys thing, its abit true lol
Are you proposing we're going to get attacked by demons? Like, the entirety of the population? Yes, there are such things, they do exist, but that's not exactly how it works. It's not like some kind of Zoroastrian fantasy where "teh demons" are going to kill mankind.

As far as the percentage of psions capable of killing a person...I think that the percentage is skewed by utter nooblets who call themselves psions and focus on their psiballs. Out of the respectable few? Most can kill a person.

As far as "smart enough to know not to"...maybe try "smart enough to know when to?" And even then, not in some cases.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #36
Anazrieth

A war in unlikely b/c neither the forces of good nor the forces of evil are substantial enough, nor is there much organization in either group.... most psions are neutral as far as i can tell.... willing to do what must be done to protect their friends and interests aswell as themselves.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:42 PM   #37
johngault22

johngault22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Also I don't think there are forces of evil as such, for instance have you ever met somebody who says they are evil, even Hitler thought he was doing something good for the German Race.

I think it is more like forces of order/purity or chaos/corruption and in each there is the seed of the other one.
johngault22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:59 PM   #38
genjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngault22
Also I don't think there are forces of evil as such, for instance have you ever met somebody who says they are evil, even Hitler thought he was doing something good for the German Race.

I think it is more like forces of order/purity or chaos/corruption and in each there is the seed of the other one.
quite right. it bores down to the originater themselves - we each hav different views on what we class s "right and wrong".

either way, chances of this "war" is slim, i reckon. what would be the motive anyways?
Old 05-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #39
Pavlov's Dog

Pavlov's Dog is on a distinguished road
w00t, mayan calendar!

astronomy is next to unbearable.  i can handle trajectories and orbits and gravity from many different sources, but theres none of that.  instead, i get to sit in a chair trying to understand why the incas decided to live on a turtle while waiting for periods of day and night and evil lasting something like 800 years or so each until the conquistadores came and wiped them all out.  i mean, i can understand it if people want to throw in a tie between the early america calendar systems, or atlantis, or cultural diffusion, or all of the above, but i kinda want to understand the math behind astronomy instead.

as for psi war, i just dont feel it.  both precognitively and otherwise.  war takes a lot of people.  and there are a lot of people here, and other people elsewhere who i really dont give a darn about because forces in my life are trying to crush me into a point mass, but we still need a lot more people to pull it all together.  the means are here, no doubt about that, but in terms of quantity, we dont have enough.

Location coordinates not updated during minor breaks, major temporal shifts only.

Potentially no longer actively monitoring forums. Email contact only.
Pavlov's Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #40
Wrayth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliptic
Not as hard as you think, actually...do you really think the Pentagon spent a thousand dollars on a hammer, and ten thousand dollars per toilet seat?
Yes. The reason being, that's a reference to a cumulative total after you've added red tape and other administration, transport, installation, etc...

Basically if you want a toilet seat you have to apply to the section head, with a JTP that has to be contersigned by the department head, and the approved by the administration head and the facilities manager... and so on. Just add up the cost per hour for the time spent by all of these overpaid middle management drones, throw in the resources cost for paper, system time, wear and tear on the mail trolley, temporary access cards for secure areas for the maintenance crew, etc... it's not hard to get to $10000 at all
Any corporation larger than about 5000 people tends to end up in a similar beaurocratic mess, even if they are a lot less formalised than a goverment/military agency.

What many government agencies do have are 'black budgets' (I hate to use the term because of how sensationalised it is in popular media). Basically just a group of funds that certain classified projects can draw from, while only justifying themselves to the restricted group overseeing the project. I believe the existence of these budgets are quite openly acknowledged, as part of reports on DoD funding and the like.

We can only hope that the black project process for acquiring toilet seats is more efficient.

Anyway, to get back on topic... assuming mass reliable control, I can see a place for psions in a regular conflict, ultimately ending up in a jamming war or equivalent (perhaps until we find a mechanical way to tap into the same energies?)

As a non-political conflict, I doubt anyone with purely malicious intentions would be able to assemble an army without a very compelling idealogy... more likely you would end up with the occasional psionic misfit causing trouble, and the corresponding development of a section in each police force dedicated to controlling such outbreaks.

Might make for some good plotlines...