Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Fluff and Flights of Fancy

Fluff and Flights of Fancy Is it absurd, "out there", vanishingly unlikely, ridiculous, or logically a bit questionable? Here's where it goes!

Old 06-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #31
BloodMoon

BloodMoon is an unknown quantity at this point
I wonder if Arcane's definition of 'ancient' rellies on fact or is it just his personal opinion of what he thinks an ancient trully is.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:26 AM   #32
thegrogen
Insane poetic coder

thegrogen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMoon View Post
I wonder if Arcane's definition of 'ancient' rellies on fact or is it just his personal opinion of what he thinks an ancient trully is.
If the former, most interesting.

If the latter, I am an Ancient. Prove me wrong.
I have failed. Yet how can I act as a signpost when the road itself is invisible and the destination unknown, when the road seems to go off the beaten path? Are there signs farther down that road that say “YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A SQUIRREL”?
thegrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:34 AM   #33
Phenyx

Phenyx is an unknown quantity at this point
HAH! I know I'm not an Ancient. Buuuuuuut even if Ancients were a real deal of some sort, one of the criteria, if I remember right, is remembering your past lives and using that knowledge to overstep the usual bounds of having to learn energy work the long hard way. I can't even remember where I put my wallet half the time, let alone remember who and what I was a bajillion years ago. Im not going to kid myself on that lol. If I did happen to be one it's all buried deep somewhere inside me. And I'm not even sure that's possible, but i've had my share of surprises.
Life is like a pie. You will occassionally get a sour cherry. And that is when my father told me to shut up sit down and take my elbows off the table, too quit chewing with my mouth open, and to stop playing with my food. Basically, suck it up, and move on.
Phenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:27 AM   #34
miri
It's all just a phase

miri is an unknown quantity at this point
Having once been involved in the House of Ancients I can say with confidence there is no precise definition of an "ancient". -_- Further comment on the topic is a waste of time as there is no answer to pry out of Arcane. Really that's the answer you've ALL been waiting for, so take it and go on your merry way. ^_^

- Miri ("Ancient") -

So a Master of Constructs, is a Master of Gods?
miri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #35
Ancient_Arcane

Ancient_Arcane is an unknown quantity at this point
Ancient = Someone with access to tremendous power, and are generally unwilling to access it, with concern of damaging one's self and the world around them.

Most Ancients awaken and find they are locked off from most of that power. The power itself is sentient, and is what I call an Avatar, I see in place of when a normal person's soul should be. My unique gift is being able to remove that block between an Ancient and their Avatar. This gives them an instant jump in potency, and if they further study, they can directly access all that power.

As for those Ancients that I've activated, for the ones that feel they've gained nothing from my activating them, I'm happy to lock their Avatar down again, and thus locking away that power potential for life. Just let me know.

Awakened have the opportunity to change themselves tremendously. We can delete old memories, temper our ego, alter our programming and mod our systems. The result means total personality shift and the ability to choose who we wish to be. Happiness and calm are within our grasp.
Ancient_Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #36
Daimon
Head of the Defense Department

Daimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura about
In this case, miri ftw ^_^
Old 06-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #37
BloodMoon

BloodMoon is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought that was called a Catalist (not sure if it's the correct spelling), & there are Many catalists out there.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:27 PM   #38
Ancient_Arcane

You know... when I offered to activate people, I didn't expect much in return. Maybe a bit of friendliness towards me, but you people can't seem to even do that.

I've not harmed you, I go out of my way to be there for people, to help out. And all this hostility and negativity is really unwarranted.

Daimon, if you want me to deactivate you, just say so. Miri, same goes with you.

If this is how you treat those that do you a favor, why should should anyone bother?
Old 06-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #39
Ancient_Arcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMoon View Post
I thought that was called a Catalist (not sure if it's the correct spelling), & there are Many catalists out there.

Bloodmoon, good luck in finding a catalyst like me, that can do what I do. To date, no one in the communities has.

If you do, I'd love to meet them and compare notes.

Awakened have the opportunity to change themselves tremendously. We can delete old memories, temper our ego, alter our programming and mod our systems. The result means total personality shift and the ability to choose who we wish to be. Happiness and calm are within our grasp.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #40
Phenyx

Phenyx is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly I do like you Arcane, at least form the limited amount of contact and information that one can discern over a few posts in an internet forum. You seem like a good guy, with a sense of humor. I just think you get the hostility you do from what you believe(but hey that's nothing new to the history books is it), and i'll be honest with you, I'm not really sure what to think. But those thoughts are my own, so I will keep those to myself. What I'm trying to say is, your idea's are too...fantastic. At least they are for me. The idea of "Ancients" has yet to be proven to me, either through actually meeting one, or through the fact that I have yet to feel that kind of power. Don't get me wrong I'm not asking you to prove anything, I hate when people ask that of me, I just don't think I'm convinced yet. Time will only tell, it's my greatest teacher and my worst enemy, but it has yet kill me.
Life is like a pie. You will occassionally get a sour cherry. And that is when my father told me to shut up sit down and take my elbows off the table, too quit chewing with my mouth open, and to stop playing with my food. Basically, suck it up, and move on.
Phenyx is offline   Reply With Quote