Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Support > General Health > Food and Beverage

Food and Beverage Recipes, nutrition information pertinent to psions, etc.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Rior

Rior is an unknown quantity at this point
Magnesium L-threonate

Magnesium L-Threonate

Being someone very attracted to supplements, I stumbled upon this gem recently. I say gem not on the basis of personal experience, but rather on the vast majority of experiences I've read in regards to it.

Magnesium is one of the most important minerals for your body, as it serves as an ion used in intraneural communication in your brain, as well as your body. Most people do not consume enough magnesium on a daily basis, and as such a magnesium supplement would be a good idea.

The problem, though, is that any regular magnesium supplement can barely accomplish crossing the Blood Brain Barrier. And when I say barely, it's as efficient as trying to shove large stones through pores the size of those in a sponge.

By attaching L-threonate, a derivative of vitamin C, it allows the magnesium to surpass the blood brain barrier and become active in the brain.

The advantages of magnesium L-threonate use have been shown to include upwards of 100% better long-term memory processing as well as increased focus and communication. These are similar findings to say, standard nootropics, but the difference is that all supplementing this is doing is directly adding a very important mineral to your body.

I've currently got Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, Pramiractam, Citicholine and magnesium L-threonate that are all supposed to be arriving in the mail today, so I'll have plenty of reports on them soon. (Don't worry, I'll be careful in their administration! ;)) But yeah, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY encourage anyone reading this to do a little research into Magnesium L-Threonate.

Here's a study I'll leave to check out:
http://basicmed.med.ncku.edu.tw/admi...g/990514-1.pdf

I'm curious to see the effects it has on psi
Rior is offline   Reply With Quote