Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Support > General Health > Food and Beverage

Food and Beverage Recipes, nutrition information pertinent to psions, etc.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
Greens+

anyone heard of this? it's supposed to be a nutritional suppliment for those that aren't able to get their daily veggies and it also has extra vitamins (including the B vitamins if you get the Greens Multi+) doesn't have the roughage or fibre that the actual veggies have, but supposedly it has all the other good things from them in it.

i know it's not cheap, but it has helped me when i was less able to have fresh fruits and veggies and it does last a while. (one tub which costs $40-50 would last about 1-1.5 months. (basically, it worked out to be less expensive based on the amounts of fruits and veggies i would have to eat to get that as a balanced diet.) and i did feel a zip in my step, though, nothing obviously psi related (at the time, though i was more focusing on magic so i just don't know for certain.)

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
New2
Local Haunt

New2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I try to get all my nutrients from fresh, frozen, or canned sources. Supplements can have vitamins actually missing. Regular vegetables have a lot of vitamins & minerals, & many of them have B vitamins in them naturally, especially green leafies, which have a lot of them. What's stopping you from opening up some canned veggies & or keeping some around fresh?? Plus, you'll get that fiber. What vitamins & minerals are these things supposed to have anyway?
New2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
Redregon
on a journey.

http://greensplus.com/index.php/cPath/112_36

ingredient and vitamin listing here. it makes a pretty good addition to smoothies and shakes if that kinda thing is your ball of wax.

dunno, it's kinda me trying to get a better diet going. a lot of my friends swear by the stuff and they seem pretty darn healthy.

Namaste
Old 01-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #4
New2
Local Haunt

Well I meant the supplements can cut out some of the vitamins - like the supplement may only give you a certain form of it or two.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
Redregon
on a journey.

hmm, not sure about that.

i wouldn't be surprised if there are some replaced nutrients, but still, i think if they post on the label that it has X, it has to contain X (i think that might be related to the truth in advertising act, i don't know.)

in either case, i've decided to grab a tub while i can and i'll see what results of that.

Namaste
Old 01-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #6
Jklp44
~HMS~

Jklp44 is an unknown quantity at this point
ive noticed that because veggies have a lot of energy (and fruit) that you can use psi easier soon afterrwards. but thats just me.. =]
Jklp44

"I' ve noticed more people are existing lately. Its as if the population is going up." – Andy Roony XD

Jklp44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
Gildreth

Gildreth is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd be interested in knowing if you get any gas from it. I have a hard time digesting supplements, particularly those containing alfalfa.
Gildreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #8
New2
Local Haunt

I wouldn't know about this supplement particularly, but with the regular ones, they usually tell you what forms are in it. For instance there may be a ton of forms of A but it'll tell you it has only two forms in it. It's not that they hide shit, they tell you exactly what's in it, but you have to know what you want in the first place. They just don't know everything about all the nutrition in foods supposedly. So eating the actual foods your supposed to get all the stuff they can't even make into a supplement yet. Plus I really Do feel it when I eat veggies.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #9
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Winged_Wolf is on a distinguished road
Except for B-12, of course, which is never found in vegetables (except for inconsistant amounts in some seaweeds). B-12 is found in animal products--eggs, dairy, meat. It's also found in yeast. (A member of the protist kingdom).

Visit Eclipse Metaphysical, and Eclipse Exotics, my business sites: http://www.eclipsemetaphysical.com/
http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
My Home Page: http://www.wingedwolfpsion.com/
My Author site: http://www.donnafernstrom.com
"We have gone beyond wisdom" - Archchancellor Trymen, 'The Colour of Magic'
Winged_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
New2
Local Haunt

Oh, thanks for the info. Not sure why I hadn't noticed this yet. I've been doing my homework on the subject.

Last edited by New2; 01-14-2009 at 09:23 PM.