Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Research > Non-Guild Psi Research > Ye Olde Proof of Psi Discussion

Ye Olde Proof of Psi Discussion Discuss proof for or against the existence of psionics. This type of discussion does not belong anywhere else on the forums.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:20 PM   #41
Pavlov's Dog

Pavlov's Dog is on a distinguished road
Isn't it great how, were I to tell you that your girlfriend (try ERGenderIncon(); catch retAlterGender();) was cheating on you, you wouldn't require an ounce of proof? It's also pretty cool how that situation extends to many others. But then you get situations where people forcibly butt in to make an uninformed point about something, for no better reason than the "lack of proof."

But hey, what am I thinking? I shouldn't be ripping on you for "marching to your own tune" and being totally irrational. The courts didn't seem to think there was any proof against O.J. either, right?

Location coordinates not updated during minor breaks, major temporal shifts only.

Potentially no longer actively monitoring forums. Email contact only.
Pavlov's Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:27 PM   #42
Pavlov's Dog

Actually, I probably shouldn't have gone straight to the "(s)he was just 'choosing' to be a moron" argument either. That just wasn't fair of me. I have been noticing an odd trend that would also explain your behavior. In order to avoid the common pain that others would refer to as "life," I have personally observed hundreds of people shut off, in a manner of speaking, their brains. While no requisite functions are affected, breathing, heart beat, swallowing, all higher functions are replaced with a sort of guessing machine. It's actually pretty interesting to hear them try to answer questions in class, because they'll just recite different sections of their notes. Regardless, it occurs to me that you could just as well be suffering the same inability to deal with the stresses put on you by the act of waking up and, potentially, everything after that as well.

In short, I'm sorry for suggesting that you might be actively trying to degrade humanity through a massive degradation of your mental self, because it's equally possible that you're just wandering through life without any hint of higher mental functions. Either one could explain your behavior.

Location coordinates not updated during minor breaks, major temporal shifts only.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #43
Mr.PeptobismolSammich

Mr.PeptobismolSammich is an unknown quantity at this point
oh,please,stop it with the long speeches...its getting kind of annoying. Just say
''YOU MORONIC UNBELIEVING BRAINDEAD CAVEMAN,GTFO''!! seriously,lol.
Mr.PeptobismolSammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #44
Mr.PeptobismolSammich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlov's Dog View Post
Isn't it great how, were I to tell you that your girlfriend (try ERGenderIncon(); catch retAlterGender();) was cheating on you, you wouldn't require an ounce of proof? It's also pretty cool how that situation extends to many others. But then you get situations where people forcibly butt in to make an uninformed point about something, for no better reason than the "lack of proof."

But hey, what am I thinking? I shouldn't be ripping on you for "marching to your own tune" and being totally irrational. The courts didn't seem to think there was any proof against O.J. either, right?
well,I guess you don't need proof to believe. People believe in everything. But the toughest thing to believe is the truth. It sure is fun to milk you lovely lulzcows,but I really have to go to bed now....peace outt. <3<3
Old 12-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #45
Sudai
Ryry teh magical fairy.

Sudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Even if we did scan your mind for something to prove that we can do it, there's always an excuse to not believe. I can obtain most personal data on a person without psionics. All I need is an IP adress, and since you've posted on the forums, guess what's not hard to obtain? Yey~ Therefore scanning your mind for personal data would be pointless as you could back it being a fake with that fact.

Believe you me, many people have been asked to have proof of psionics. Many have gone through the process. The truth is, it's impossible to prove through such a great distance. Come visit me in person and I'll make you believe. Come visit any of us in person and we'll make you believe.

Or, you can follow one of the two easier paths.

- Decide you don't give a fuck and move on with your life.
- Go research the information on your own. Be careful with this one though. There's a lot of fluff and fantasy stuff out there. www.firedocs.com and the PEAR program are both really good things to look through. Go to the library for stuff. There's a lot of different resources you can use and generally, <random internet searcher> searching "psionics", "magic", or anything of the sorts will get you poor research material.
Sudai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #46
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Winged_Wolf is on a distinguished road
I think the fundamental thing that these trolls fail to realize is that, NOT being publicity whores or subject to peer pressure, the majority of us here do not CARE what the rest of the world thinks of us. That they would assume we do says a lot...about them.

The rest of the world thinks we are delusional roleplayers?
GOOD.
I'm perfectly happy with that. How about you guys? You mind if people think you're just a little whacky?

I feel much safer being considered a whack-job than I would being considered someone with weird unexplained powers that might be able to harm others.

This allows me to go about my business in peace, and only deal with others who have these abilities. I don't have to muck around with non-actives, because they've lost interest in me. (I never had any in them, to begin with).

So, to summarize: This is not about my not HAVING to prove anything to you. I do not WANT to prove anything to you. I WANT you to not know a damned thing about what I can really do. :)
I WANT non-actives to believe that psi is a parlor trick, or harmless fantasy.

Visit Eclipse Metaphysical, and Eclipse Exotics, my business sites: http://www.eclipsemetaphysical.com/
http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
My Home Page: http://www.wingedwolfpsion.com/
My Author site: http://www.donnafernstrom.com
"We have gone beyond wisdom" - Archchancellor Trymen, 'The Colour of Magic'
Winged_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:02 PM   #47
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
I sometimes wonder, how do people like athlete and Sammich manage to even find this place? They obviously have minds incapable of comprehending how to research anything whats so ever, so it shocks me to this day when I find another troll-ish type of person, but eh whatever. Obviously they have nothing better to do in their time other than to ridicule things they can't understand.
NoMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:03 PM   #48
Pavlov's Dog

My guess is that it's a bit like me. I'm such an awesome negativist that when(/if) I go out in public, positivists will crowd around me (and try to "snap me out of" my nearly infinite negativity if they realize that I'm why they're all there). Same thing could be going on here. You guys might care so little about what other people think about you that retarded folks from all over feel a strong urge to post their opinions.

Anyways though, "sammich" [what the hell kind of retarded ass name is that, anyway?] I just can't bring myself to just jump straight to the point. See, I've always been a big fan of the golden rule (do unto others as you would have them do unto you [stated for the record because, statistically, I can no longer be sure that you actually have moral or ethical boundaries, or know the rule itself]). And if I were as "mentally deficient" as you, I would not want someone to tell me so directly. I would greatly prefer a longer message that I could stop reading before the urge to kill myself due to lack of mental capacity came over me.

Beyond that, you actually always inherently believe in the truth (M.Phase Required: Phil>PRAG(gen)), so it can't really be all that difficult.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #49
Sudai
Ryry teh magical fairy.

Sudai is an unknown quantity at this point
I always love Pavlov's post. : )
Sudai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #50
Mr.PeptobismolSammich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlov's Dog View Post
My guess is that it's a bit like me. I'm such an awesome negativist that when(/if) I go out in public, positivists will crowd around me (and try to "snap me out of" my nearly infinite negativity if they realize that I'm why they're all there). Same thing could be going on here. You guys might care so little about what other people think about you that retarded folks from all over feel a strong urge to post their opinions.

Anyways though, "sammich" [what the hell kind of retarded ass name is that, anyway?] I just can't bring myself to just jump straight to the point. See, I've always been a big fan of the golden rule (do unto others as you would have them do unto you [stated for the record because, statistically, I can no longer be sure that you actually have moral or ethical boundaries, or know the rule itself]). And if I were as "mentally deficient" as you, I would not want someone to tell me so directly. I would greatly prefer a longer message that I could stop reading before the urge to kill myself due to lack of mental capacity came over me.

Beyond that, you actually always inherently believe in the truth (M.Phase Required: Phil>PRAG(gen)), so it can't really be all that difficult.
you don't seem like much of a negativist..
And yes,I know the first rule of magic.
I honestly wouldn't care if people questioned my beliefs or critisized who I am,because I would be able to reply something coherent that is not'' WHY RU HERE IF U H8 US. GTFO. NONBELIEVERER.'' I'm not flaming you because I hate your kind or whatever. I'm just asking for some kind of tangible proof that is not copypasta from the intarwebz. And if I was mentally deficient,I really doubt I would be able to understand anything you write. You have awesome grammar and awesome vocabulary as well =3.

And I'll ask again...
PLEAAAAASE? I don't care that you don't care what the world thinks,can you do something to my mind? Don't run away from my dare by saying ''EVEN IF WE RAED UR MINDE,U WONT BELEEVE US!!!1!''I've known people who thought they were psychics,but 99% of the time its bull caca =P. So far I've only met one lady who was real,but she died of spontaneous combustion a few years back. Pwetty pwease with a cherry on top,read my mind,mess it up, whatever! I wanna see your powers ^_^