Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Research > Non-Guild Psi Research > Ye Olde Proof of Psi Discussion

Ye Olde Proof of Psi Discussion Discuss proof for or against the existence of psionics. This type of discussion does not belong anywhere else on the forums.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #41
kgdaemperor

kgdaemperor is an unknown quantity at this point
In America they currently teach us that Columbus landed on an island in central America. Sorry and since someone wants to disprove psionics/ energy manipulation. You can check out Ripley's Believe It or Not. they had episode where a healer could make water steam off of cloth. his hands reached 211 degrees i think. Thinking with science as your main support is a flaw in trying to truly understand working with the energy. Our history and understanding of such all come from one source...our controlling governments. They are corrupt which we all know and when they disapprove of something it is no longer official. and in general official has been misunderstood as truth. We don't trust many of or gov't actions, but still put undeserved faith in there documents as being true. if what they presented to you was true why all the top secret info. why does science look the other way when questioned about theories been misrepresented on purpose or when the question of the governments power come into play, no high ranking scientist even regard that as a worthy subject. In short, the government controls/directs all our fundamentals. from directing how we think to controlling the society's agenda. We know the ruling elite are evil and have no concern for me or any other normal individual(normal meaning not part of their ranks), outside of limiting our growth and increasing the True knowledge gap in favor of themselves. So why put faith in their systems and documents, but doubt the claims of GREAT civilizations from the past. Oh yeah i forgot, humans of the past were idiots and easily tricked, but somehow they built beautiful structures(ex: pyramids) perfectly with no machines(questionable), but still can be fooled into following spirituality mumbo jumbo(false gods and sadistic rituals). do we really believe that so many past great civilizations were too stupid to find truth. That is what we are taught,but only one groups has the power over dispersing truth and its the ruling elite from each society ever. They told us what slavery was and we accepted their depictions of slavery all the while not realizing we still are slaves. and they let ppl build knowledge off of incomplete or fictional work, with real truth being the last thing they want discovered. The greatest slave is the one who thinks he's free and the greatest fool is the one who believes they are wise. If one wishes to follow a corrupt system, who's purpose is to expand the gap of true knowledge by contaminating the masses with nonsense, then have fun moving further from the simple truths, presented to us daily. but i personally cannot just accept a person's view as real truth, especially if the person talking has a history of greed, corruption, power hungry motives etc.
kgdaemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #42
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgdaemperor View Post
The greatest slave is the one who thinks he's free and the greatest fool is the one who believes they are wise.
I wouldn't disagree as such... but I heard it summed up better as;

"The wise person appreciates they have ignorance and gaps in knowledge too."

Also, in terms of truth... personal truth is what a person believes.

That's from me. The trick is, to work out what is a BELIEF (accepted without proof - maybe evidence, but no actually conclusive, final proof) and what is KNOWLEDGE (gained from personal or observed experience, analysed from different angles, and the little bits of truth distilled out of it).

There are many, many BELIEF SYSTEMS. I've been told (and I think it's true) that the way forward is KNOWLEDGE SYSTEMS.

And power - who obeys or follows who - is the key, root part of the problem, and also gives access to solutions - freedom and escape from illusions that bind us, without threatening others.

That last paragraph needs work, I'll admit. I'm open to suggestions.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #43
kgdaemperor

kgdaemperor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat McDonald View Post
I wouldn't disagree as such... but I heard it summed up better as;

"The wise person appreciates they have ignorance and gaps in knowledge too."

Also, in terms of truth... personal truth is what a person believes.

That's from me. The trick is, to work out what is a BELIEF (accepted without proof - maybe evidence, but no actually conclusive, final proof) and what is KNOWLEDGE (gained from personal or observed experience, analysed from different angles, and the little bits of truth distilled out of it).

There are many, many BELIEF SYSTEMS. I've been told (and I think it's true) that the way forward is KNOWLEDGE SYSTEMS.

And power - who obeys or follows who - is the key, root part of the problem, and also gives access to solutions - freedom and escape from illusions that bind us, without threatening others.

That last paragraph needs work, I'll admit. I'm open to suggestions.
i've heard both expression but the one i used i like better. so neither is better than the other.

personal truth can be gained through false info so it can be invalid. My personal truth is unimportant to the Truth. and little bits of truth is not truth and offer limited fulfillment. can a ocean be a ocean with bits of water?

Power of who leads and follows doesn't matter b/c somewhere in the future a leader will be elected thats corrupt and his corruption will attract some materialistic ppl and they will join the ranks of already well established evil. but that's just the status quo for now. the key prob is the lack of untainted truth given, knowingly or unknowingly. b/c the corrupted truth brings more problems and confuses true truth seekers.

No need for knowledge systems that don't promote growth in an unbiased manner. If you don't like school subjects and don't do well at them you will mostly likely not get a high paying job. Some kids like to build but due to the current outdated school system the mind isn't allowed to grow to its fullest.
kgdaemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #44
flabbyguy
The Pilgrim

flabbyguy is an unknown quantity at this point
a bit late on the discussion here, but here's how I see it...

I don't care if Psi is real... I believe that it is, I am open to that fact just as I am open to it being false, but I have had experiences which suggest that it indeed is real...
Why do I practice psionics, yet not care if it's my imagination?
Because learning how to move energy and read minds isn't the only thing that happens when you practice Psionics... You also learn to control the mind. sure, this can be done through simple meditation, but I find Psionics more fun.
Quick Fact: No scientist will say that the mind does not exist, therefore, regardless of whether or not Psionics exists, we gain something tangible from trying it.