Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Spirituality

Spirituality This is where unscientific (i.e. can't be observed or tested) threads should go. Religion, Otherkin, and other faith-based topics may be included here. Keep posts respectful, or the threads will be locked.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Tigerhallam

Tigerhallam is an unknown quantity at this point
Binding A Soul To An Object

Binding a soul to an object.

Explanation: if this is done, after bodily death the soul will still reside on the physical plane, unable to 'go on' to wherever they may wish to go. This can then somehow be worked upon by creating a body/possessing someone. I don't know much on that part though.

This is a ritual, and it really does work.

Focal point – binding the soul to a doll/object.

Representation – doll/object and item belonging to the soul (i.e. part of the person's clothes, something they will have a link with).

Intent – To bind the person’s soul to a doll/object.

Funnel – table with sigil representing their soul on it.

Sanctuary – ring of rocks representing deep, primal energy.

Action – Visualisation of the link between the person's soul and their clothes (the link). Chant of words of power while bringing the soul through the link and into the doll/object. Place the clothing part inside doll/object. String is tied round the doll/object, showing how the soul is kept locked in.

(The sigil needs to be made of the soul's true name. Here is a way to discover your own. Taken from wicca-spirituality.com

All you need to do is access it. Like Michelangelo, all you need to do is take away whatever doesn't belong to you . . .

Masks and labels,
History and wounds,
Desires and fears that you've collected over the years
When you remove the dust and debris of ages, you will find your true name shining there like a jewel within you.

But this is only one way to finding your true name.

Thank you for reading.
Tigerhallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Draun
The Twilight Bringer

Draun is an unknown quantity at this point
As Golden Psi stated at this thread http://psionguild.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7636:
Quote:
Complications with such an idea would be anchoring the soul before it escapes, or if the soul can ever really have two anchors. Also to keep in mind, might this cause a miserable existence for the consciousness? Something like this shouldn't really be taken lightly, you could easily do major harm.
What I mean is that even if it does really work, it should be considered if it's really what you want after death. I believe in Heaven, and I would rather be there after my death than, as you stated
Quote:
unable to 'go on' to wherever they may wish to go
Not all of you do agree with me, but one question for you, then: Would you really want to spend the eternality unable to 'go on'? Shall there be something after death, I don't simply know.
Draun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
Tigerhallam

I agree, I know. It wouldn't be a nice existence, but it would be an existence, if you see my point.
As for Heaven - it's whatever you believe in, right?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
Golden Psi

Golden Psi is an unknown quantity at this point
If you believe the soul can exist while bound to an object, you believe that the soul can live without the body. At that point you already believe in an existence after life, so why tether it to an object?
Old 08-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Tigerhallam

Annoying to have to work back up to this point in powers, when I could simply stay here. Well, I say simply, but you know what I mean...
Old 08-05-2012, 03:44 AM   #6
Tankdown
Loser

Tankdown is an unknown quantity at this point
Existing in a toothbrush might not pose a lot of opportunities for growth. Starting over is really the only option.

Personally I don't believe in reincarnation.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:56 AM   #7
Paper

Paper is on a distinguished road
woulden't this be just a very very strong link?

~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
this be some dark juju you're talking about... usurping a soul's energy for your uses isn't good especially since you're basically dominating it's will with your own.

it's bordering on necromancy (not psionics) and some of the darkest magics there is.

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Bizarre. How can a non-physical subject like a soul "reside only the physical plane"?

Strikes me it's like finding a deep sea creature in a desert.

Oh well, if it keeps you happy and works for you, fair enough. I think I'll stick with energy signatures as my way of thinking about non-physical subjects like ideas, souls, harmony etc.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:22 AM   #10
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
It might be interesting to have an object lying around that has a link so that when you die you can find your way back to the physical plane but I personally don't want to have any ties to such an evil place as earth when there are wackos out there who think it's possible and alright to capture and bind souls.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote