Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Parenting and Children

Parenting and Children Discuss raising psi-active children, psi-related activities for kids, and more.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #1
Babymagnet
BANNED

Babymagnet is an unknown quantity at this point
Why are they starring?

I have kind of a little quirk which is that when I meet children and babies, much often - they stare. Especially smaller kids and they light up when they meet me in a unusual fashion. I got this noticed from outside people so hopefully it is not my ego speaking through only.

I have a theory which is that it may have something to do with my aura and that they are attracted to it, Charisma perhaps?

Then if that would be the case - why would they stare and notice me more than adults notice me?

I have a theory on that to, perhaps because they have cleaner and less selfish energy and that they recognize me with an open mind as I recognize them and that I respect them more than regular adults respect them and that it shows in me.

But, my question; Is this charisma?

If so,

How do you develop it into a broader audience so perhaps you can communicate well with a regular homo sapiens as well?
Babymagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Tankdown
Loser

Tankdown is an unknown quantity at this point
What if children stare at everyone? Babies younger then two or one years old stare at anything that crosses their view. Like a predator/cat who stares at you from the window. It's one of them animal instincts. It may just be a learning curve for kids, to look at people in the environment and observe any change.

Plus all adults get the feelings of being stared at too, and probability resist the urge to look back.

Sounds like you're jumping the gun on this theory.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babymagnet View Post
Is this charisma?

If so,

How do you develop it into a broader audience so perhaps you can communicate well with a regular homo sapiens as well?
Ah. Well, there are at least 2 sides and probably more... little children do indeed stare at sights they are unfamiliar with. Regardless of attraction level - it's the novelty factor.

Charisma is a similar phenomena but it is associated with ADULTS performing the same reaction towards another unfamiliar sight.

In the entertainment or public celebrity sense, there are actually known traits which build charisma. Some are obvious and some are not.

First there's APPEARANCE - IMAGE. Most adults are clued up enough about this. Personally I find it somewhat irrelevent but I must admit, this isn't normal. Put it down to a lifetime of abnormal vision on my part.

Second there's BEHAVIOUR. If you're doing some seen as worthwhile - telling jokes, interacting positively, encouraging others, answering questions (spending psychic energy for the welfare of the group) then that is recognised as behaviour worth observing, if not necessarily worth imitating.

Third though - and this is rare - is unusual or crisis mentality. Most celebrities and a lot of entertainers react badly to unusual events - they seize up, freeze, or retreat. The true charismatic comes up with a witty remark, or a gentle gesture, or something to show interaction without a negative impact.

Does psionics have an effect on all this? I don't know. I think it can help with the mindset. But more important is how you see yourself and how you see other people. That's down to individual values and belief systems.

Natural, unforced charismatic behaviour could be catergorised as "graceful" or "natural". People who do things without seeming to strain, without effort. Just letting things happen rather than being tense and rigid and unbending.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Babymagnet
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdown View Post
What if children stare at everyone? Babies younger then two or one years old stare at anything that crosses their view. Like a predator/cat who stares at you from the window. It's one of them animal instincts. It may just be a learning curve for kids, to look at people in the environment and observe any change.

Plus all adults get the feelings of being stared at too, and probability resist the urge to look back.

Sounds like you're jumping the gun on this theory.
Not really in this case according to my view and others pointing it out but you posted your opinion and gave me feedback which I encourage.

Quote:
Ah. Well, there are at least 2 sides and probably more... little children do indeed stare at sights they are unfamiliar with. Regardless of attraction level - it's the novelty factor.

First there's APPEARANCE - IMAGE. Most adults are clued up enough about this. Personally I find it somewhat irrelevent but I must admit, this isn't normal. Put it down to a lifetime of abnormal vision on my part.

Second there's BEHAVIOUR. If you're doing some seen as worthwhile - telling jokes, interacting positively, encouraging others, answering questions (spending psychic energy for the welfare of the group) then that is recognised as behaviour worth observing, if not necessarily worth imitating.

LOL, wonder what is unfamiliar with me.
To be plain honest I don't look out of the norm or act out of the norm and no matter how "regular" I am this happens. Neither another girl who appears to have this happened to her.

Quote:
Does psionics have an effect on all this? I don't know. I think it can help with the mindset. But more important is how you see yourself and how you see other people. That's down to individual values and belief systems.
That would make sense.
I feel I respect babies more than regular adults respect them and that is why they look after me like they see the "real" me. Maybe if I start respect regular adults more they start staring the same way.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
Tankdown
Loser

Tankdown is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Not really in this case according to my view and others pointing it out but you posted your opinion and gave me feedback which I encourage.
Just giving a healthy amount of skepticism.

Quote:
That would make sense.
I feel I respect babies more than regular adults respect them and that is why they look after me like they see the "real" me. Maybe if I start respect regular adults more they start staring the same way.
I don't have kids....but don't tell parents you love their children more than them. It's kind of creepy, and a tad weird as in pedophile weird. Parents love their children deeply. It's runs deep down in animal and spiritual instincts.

By any chance are you looking forward to being a mother? I might get slapped for that. I ask because this may be a tad obsession instead of a mere respect for young people.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #6
Babymagnet
BANNED

Quote:
Just giving a healthy amount of skepticism.
Sure.

Quote:
I don't have kids....but don't tell parents you love their children more than them. It's kind of creepy, and a tad weird as in pedophile weird. Parents love their children deeply. It's runs deep down in animal and spiritual instincts.
No worries it's not like I talk to them.

Quote:
By any chance are you looking forward to being a mother?
Are you looking forward?
I'm not sure I want kids this lifetime. Or I am pretty sure I want, but not sure if I would sacrifice the means of that action as I feel I have not achieved my fullest perfection and this may not happen this lifetime.

Don't worry, I don't slap people.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #7
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Don't worry, I don't slap people.
I am a bit concerned that you don't seem to have twigged that babies are people.

Only a bit, mind.

See, use of force should be reasonable, proportionate, and causing little if any damage. Best results = no harm to any.

Oh, got a heads up, apparently staring at people is actually normal in places like the Middle East. Only the Anglo Saxons (us) and some other weird cultures like Japan have taboos about staring.

See, I said we were oppressed and retarded. On some levels, anyway.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #8
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Winged_Wolf is on a distinguished road
Children are hard wired to study faces, and also hard wired to be wary of strangers and new things. That's how we evolved.

They don't just stare at you, they stare at everyone. If you look back at them, they'll spend a whole lot more time staring at you, of course.

Visit Eclipse Metaphysical, and Eclipse Exotics, my business sites: http://www.eclipsemetaphysical.com/
http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
My Home Page: http://www.wingedwolfpsion.com/
My Author site: http://www.donnafernstrom.com
"We have gone beyond wisdom" - Archchancellor Trymen, 'The Colour of Magic'
Winged_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
gavin2797
the philosopher

gavin2797 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If you look back at them, they'll spend a whole lot more time staring at you, of course.
why is this so funny?

The Kenny-G of the Psionic World.
gavin2797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
Avkon

Avkon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I have kind of a little quirk which is that when I meet children and babies, much often - they stare. Especially smaller kids and they light up when they meet me in a unusual fashion. I got this noticed from outside people so hopefully it is not my ego speaking through only.

I have a theory which is that it may have something to do with my aura and that they are attracted to it, Charisma perhaps?

Then if that would be the case - why would they stare and notice me more than adults notice me?

I have a theory on that to, perhaps because they have cleaner and less selfish energy and that they recognize me with an open mind as I recognize them and that I respect them more than regular adults respect them and that it shows in me.

But, my question; Is this charisma?

If so,

Well, of course babies stare at everybody and everything.

However, if you're convinced that it's something more unique to you than to others in general, it could also be due to a variety of different and unrelated reasons.

For one, your energy could be far more soothing or caring or such, but in my experience such influences tend to have babies fall asleep more than stare. So, perhaps your energy is particularly abrasive? I guess the scanners on these forums could test that theory.

For another, perhaps you simply look very homely and motherly than most girls in general? In that case, it would also be quite easy to test - guys would barely notice you among all the other girls.

There's far more, and nothing some observation and creative and analytic thinking won't solve.

Theories. Always gotta test 'em.

EDIT: this really has nothing to do with charisma, either in the metaphysical sense or the generally accepted definition of the word, unless you happen to also have adults fawning over you and catering to your every desire; but your post states otherwise.

Last edited by Avkon; 07-05-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Missed answering a question.
Avkon is offline   Reply With Quote