Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Networking > Online Classes, Meetings, and Events > Practice Partners

Practice Partners Find someone to practice with, online or offline.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #1
Masupups The Unfeasible
Dormant Psi

Masupups The Unfeasible is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Looking For a Mentor, Partner, and hopefully Friend

Well... I find it difficult to learn things on my own (not just PSI stuff), and I tend to learn best with a literal step-by-step list. I know that probably won't work whatsoever because of how complex and varying Psionics is.

I also find it easier to learn in a group, or with others in general. That's why I not just ask for a mentor, but someone who will learn something along the way with me, to share these experiences with. Hopefully at least...

I'm not too experienced with much other than energy manipulation, so I'm pretty much flat on experience. Though I have some potential in empathy, and possibly RV. I haven't gotten too far in either, though it's because I'm still back on the basics, admittedly. Feels hopeless, but I am hopeful. I need someone to help me get on track and to be able to check up on me and see progress.

If it's not too much to ask for, of course. I know how busy everyone can be. :)
Old 05-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Oh, nil desperandum. If you can't find anybody local on here at least you'll have some idea of who you are looking for locally.

People come in all sorts of shapes and sizes - "Never judge a book by the cover."

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Masupups The Unfeasible
Dormant Psi

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat McDonald View Post
People come in all sorts of shapes and sizes - "Never judge a book by the cover."
Wise words at any time, friend. I am still hopeful, and will worry not, that I can find someone who'd enjoy giving up time to have a meeting of the minds, either locally here, or just plain out locally.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
My advice to you is the same to others who have posted this request;-

"Be your own Master".

There's loads of lessons, and teachers, and bits of information to pick up. But if you cannot master yourself, your mastery of others will always be second rate.

Sounds very elitist, but we all need a lead sometimes - just a little nudge of direction. "No man is an island" and all that. Nobody likes dictators but it's nice to be informed as to what your real choices are.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
Golden Psi

Golden Psi is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm willing to practice with you, although I don't have the time to be a full mentor or anything. If you'd like to set something up, PM me.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #6
Xaraon
Intermediate NON

Xaraon is an unknown quantity at this point
The only problems that I have practicing by myself is that I don't have a willing person to practice with/on (Telepathy, and Scanning to name a couple), but other than that I've found ways of doing things by myself.

Sors electio meae liberum. (I chooseth this fate of mine own free will)

New Years Resolution: Complete ANKA's Training Manual
Xaraon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Masupups The Unfeasible
Dormant Psi

Yeah, Pat. You're right. In my head, I am primary, because it's the nature I was born with. But I realize this isn't so...

I ask for someone to give me a boost in the right direction, or even a bit of input to help me feel less alone in this second world I'm jumping into, ya know...?

@Xaraon, that's EXACTLY the problem I know I'm gonna face in the future unless I ask here. That's why I ask. :)

I actually kind of hoped I would find an experienced person who can be some kind of mentor and someone else more like me, so this may just be perfect.

@Golden, I don't ask for a check in three times a day 7 days a week and a permanent contact. Haha. I just need someone to check into and ask for advice, and possibly give me input to help advance my ability. No demanding schedules, just setting up something so I finally have someone to help get me on the right track. You get it by now, I don't wanna sound prude. xD

I've been the do-it-myself kinda guy, but this kind of thing isn't so step-by-step; I've learned how much of another world Psionics can be to the newbie pretty quickly, and getting good makes it second nature. But it's that time in between that I need that boost in.

Thanks everyone for suggesting, volunteering, giving input/advice, and just looking this all over. I really appreciate it. :D
Old 05-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #8
gavin2797
the philosopher

gavin2797 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maryland? well I sorta live in the northwest corner of the US, not going to work out that well :)

infact it would be excellent to have a face-to-face with another Psion in my area, but its pretty damn unlikely that anyone near me does this stuff.

The Kenny-G of the Psionic World.
gavin2797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
Masupups The Unfeasible
Dormant Psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin2797 View Post
infact it would be excellent to have a face-to-face with another Psion in my area, but its pretty damn unlikely that anyone near me does this stuff.
Exactly how I feel man. But on the flip side, you get more experienced learning from a long range first, I reckon.

Though I still wish there was a community like this, except locally. Meh. But I might not trust them as much. *Shiver shiver shiver*

EDIT: Speaking of the North West, I used to live out in Oregon and (Southern) Washington. Loved it out there, but now I'm here dammit. :(

Last edited by Masupups The Unfeasible; 05-27-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Memories?
Masupups The Unfeasible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
13bronze

13bronze is an unknown quantity at this point
I could help

You know, I would be wiling to help, but I don't really feel all that qualified with something like Telepathy. I could potentially help with subtle energy work and sensing, if you'd like. Just PM me if you need anything.

---------------------------------------------------

www.sunora.net great rescource with tons of psionic articles from a multitude of sites.
13bronze is offline   Reply With Quote