Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions This forum is for new members (or anyone, really) to ask "beginner" questions about anything psi-related.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:21 AM   #1
Nocturne_Saint

Nocturne_Saint is an unknown quantity at this point
Severing, Deflecting, and Disrupting telepathic links?

I would say I'm a beginner in psionics, Learning more as I go.
when I'm in certain areas of the my city, in public I don't have this issue. But when I'm in a familiar place where I tend to be relaxed and feel comfortable, I seen to get these random telepathic links that tend to shift around depending on if the owner is sleeping, or active.

I live in a very large apartment complex, I think I need help severing these connections when they happen (they happen unintentionally) and I need some help figuring out how to block my senses out, if its the case of me accidentally making links unintentionally. Or just learn to filter out the things my head is picking up.

sorry all of this seems jumbled, but I'm trying to describe this the best i can.

the random connections or what i think to be links, have been happening since my practice of pisionics started about ten years ago, then I stopped practicing until now. I had gotten to a point and given up my practice then.

I have gone through training myself to feel my own psionic energy, I have worked on centering, I have learned how to ground. though i have done none of this in the past ten years after I gave up.

I'm not sure where to pick things back up so I can work on strengthening my mind, and pushing my limits further as I want to grow a stronger mind in these practices.

thank you.
Nocturne_Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:23 PM   #2
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Well... grounding and shielding exercises would be a logical psionic place to start with such "sensitivity to noise" issue.

Mind you, I've been using military quality ear defenders at home quite a lot. Living next door to a building site has been extremely stressful and noisy, and I am SO HAPPY that they are almost finished... I can get these at a very local ex-military surplus store pretty cheap, and they last way longer than civilian models.

(... that's not the whole of the story, but yeah, pretty much, keeping your thoughts away and giving the owner some privacy and space would appear sensible to me).

Mind is what you OBJECT to. The subconscious might be telling you there is something itchy and witchy about the owner... not a direct threat, but maybe slightly vampiric relationship, which goes with paying rent, I guess.

Anyway, I wish you success with getting on a stable heading and coping. If psionics can help you just do that much, then it's helpful.

Helpful link to the defence skills education bit of the site...

http://psionguild.org/education/arti...efense-combat/

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.

Last edited by Pat McDonald; 02-22-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
To get rid of links your best bet is to reach out throughout the entire link. Change it's program to disintegrate into countless particles. If you turn the whole thing into sand it doesn't have any solid pieces to reform from.

Then you center yourself to gather all the loose stuff you left behind. Then shield.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #4
Minsc

Minsc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturne_Saint View Post
I live in a very large apartment complex, I think I need help severing these connections when they happen (they happen unintentionally) and I need some help figuring out how to block my senses out, if its the case of me accidentally making links unintentionally. Or just learn to filter out the things my head is picking up.

Large apartment complex -- SO NOISY!!!!!!!!!

That's a definite need to try to block your senses out. I can never stand apartments and just move out.
Minsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 12:09 AM   #5

Avatar Samsen is an unknown quantity at this point
I personally think that this is a great training opportunity.

Growing up, I was surrounded by noise. Actually I lived on Long Island, NY until I was 5 and there was a highway behind our house on the other side of the fence. I loved going to sleep with the windows open because the sound of cars driving by is so peaceful.

Now, cars is very different from an apartment complex where you have noise from many different sources. I imagine there are people talking, the sound of footsteps above you, cars and music and all sorts of stuff happening outside too.

Psionics and magic require a lot of focus, the more focused you are the better your constructs and your vision-casting will be. I don't know what your focus of learning is but this is a great basic training exercise, training your ears to hear all the different individual sounds that are out there and then training them to hear nothing while you focus on another task.
Avatar Samsen is offline   Reply With Quote