Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Research > Non-Guild Psi Research > Ye Olde Proof of Psi Discussion

Ye Olde Proof of Psi Discussion Discuss proof for or against the existence of psionics. This type of discussion does not belong anywhere else on the forums.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:46 AM   #51
Pavlov's Dog

Pavlov's Dog is on a distinguished road
theres a lot of unexplained results gathered in those sorts of places.  the key word there is "unexplained", and in this case means that no cause is known.  particle physics is the science searching for it, and possibly also quantum mechanics, although quantum mechanics is getting way too jumbled up with string theory to have the sort of chance for important discoveries that particle physics currently does.

and as far as an actual measurement, ive given that some thought myself.  because the fact of the matter is, you cannot label something as "EM Radiation".  thats a freaking huge label for stuff.  by saying that, you imply a more specific measurement or type.  unless you want to end up talking about radios, microwave ovens, fire, light bulbs, suntan booths, x-ray machines, and supernovae (pl.sp?[lt.der]) with exactly the same terminology.  it would be rather awkward.  but i havent given it enough thought or had enough experience to define a better unit, let alone a unit that another living thing (constructs, energy beings, and extradimensional visitors included) might accept as usable.

Location coordinates not updated during minor breaks, major temporal shifts only.

Potentially no longer actively monitoring forums. Email contact only.
Pavlov's Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:13 AM   #52
johngault22

johngault22 is an unknown quantity at this point
To go back to the notions of reality(I was out of range of a computer for the weekend but if I read this thread earlier I would of posted this comment), In the beginning there was the word[idea]. IMHO

Note I don't subscribe to any major religion.
johngault22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:01 AM   #53
ideal

ideal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anazrieth
It is too bad that Labs which have equipment capable of detection on the quantum level are not attempting to detect Psi.  Although that is assuming they aren't.  But i've never heard of it happening.
I'm sure it was fully investigated back in the spy games days, there's plenty of rumor going around about the research.  Whether or not the CIA/KGB/insert evil intelligence agency here properly understood and recorded their information is a different question all together.
ideal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #54
Athlete

Athlete has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Prove that flying teapot and spagetti monster do not exist. Same thing. If you are claiming something exists, you have to prove it, otherwise it is by default - possibly nonexistant.
Athlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:04 AM   #55
enntross

enntross is an unknown quantity at this point
Fist of all, it's so intricate to prove psi skills doesn't exist because the scientist found the brain pick up and emit different waves therefore i'll give all my regards to any people who reach to prove that psych doesn't exist.
enntross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:33 AM   #56
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
Athlete, the thing with claiming something exists is that you don't have to prove it, you only need to prove something if you are trying to convince someone else that it exists, the fact of the matter is, most of us could care less if anyone doesn't believe in this.
NoMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:14 AM   #57
arteinis

arteinis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlete View Post
Prove that flying teapot and spagetti monster do not exist. Same thing. If you are claiming something exists, you have to prove it, otherwise it is by default - possibly nonexistant.

No proof for God and yet millions of people - right or wrong - subscribe to this particular belief.That's not to say if a majority of people believe something,it makes the object of belief anymore true or real,but it doesn't make it anymore nonexistent due to lack of evidence.

Besides,'possibly nonexistent' is a completely nonspecific term.Yes,everything that we don't have evidence for is possibly nonexistent,but on the flipside it is possibly existent.

I'm with nomad - proof is for other people. :p
arteinis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:58 AM   #58
abcopp
The emotionless ninja

abcopp is an unknown quantity at this point
anybody heard of innocent until proven guilty

same thing should go here too
Old 03-25-2008, 05:29 AM   #59
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
in a perfect world that would be true, but the same can be said for athletes theory as being the innocent one, technically speaking. thinking something doesn't exist as being the innocent thing would require us to prove that it does exist. but then again, i'm contradicting myself for the sake of being accurate, fair and true. so don't listen to me.
NoMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #60
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Winged_Wolf is on a distinguished road
You should understand, atomic structure was still theory when the first nuclear weapon was created.
Personally, that's where I am at. I don't care if we've seen an atom (psi energy) yet. I'm going to be USING it, in the meantime. Arguments about whether or not it exists are moot when you USE it every day. <lol>

Visit Eclipse Metaphysical, and Eclipse Exotics, my business sites: http://www.eclipsemetaphysical.com/
http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
My Home Page: http://www.wingedwolfpsion.com/
My Author site: http://www.donnafernstrom.com
"We have gone beyond wisdom" - Archchancellor Trymen, 'The Colour of Magic'
Winged_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote