Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Parenting and Children

Parenting and Children Discuss raising psi-active children, psi-related activities for kids, and more.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
Telepathy

Since children learn the language they speak by hearing their parents(or the people around them) speak it, so in that since, than would the same thing not work for telepathy. Which to the people who use it frequently know, is more or less is a language made up of thoughts, sometimes comprising of words, but usually of emotions and pictures and such. Plus as some of you may or may not know, the way I figure telepathy works is that since it's different for each person(each person thinks differently) than by telepathically speaking to my baby starting now I would dissolve the mind to mind language barrier that develops when a person only learns to talk with words and body language.
NoMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
nirvanic demon
metaphysical practicioner

nirvanic demon is an unknown quantity at this point
you have an interesting theory there, but how old is your baby?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

3 weeks, why should that have an adverse side effect on her psyche? (assuming i've even started trying to send anything to her yet telepathically)
Old 02-08-2008, 03:38 AM   #4
Amaya
Administrator

Amaya is an unknown quantity at this point
Language is its own part of the brain, and the best thing you can do for LANGUAGE is to expose the her (him?) to as many words as possible before age 5. It makes a HUGE difference to their ability to learn to read if they already have a decent vocabulary, then they are only learning to READ, not to read and having to learn the words as well. There is a lot of good research on this, I picked a lot of that up at an education conference, and I can rant ON AND ON For DAYS AND DAYS about the importance of speaking, and not just labeling, discussing what you see, and asking questions for them to answer, and even at THIS age, as if you expect an answer, pause, then keep going. Stimulation for the win, expose your little one to situations they have to solve, they make a kajillion toys for that, ETC..

As for PSIONICS, I would be very careful that you don't create a situation where the baby cannot distinguish between their own thoughts and yours. I would also only send "age appropriate information" Like at THIS age, feelings of comfort, warmth, love, images of friendly known faces, and then as the baby develops MENTALLY, expose them to more. That's just good psycology, don't want them mentally taking in what they aren't ready to process.

If it turns out that your baby is NATURALLY telepathic or empathic, then it's probably a good idea to shield your home, and shield you and your baby in public so they aren't taking in stray telepathic input that could be unwanted.

Beyond a few precautions such as those, there's not reason NOT to teach kids psionics, or expose them to it young. My son is CHOOSING to set aside psionics for now (at age 10, though he actively practiced until then. At this age, this is HIS choice and his big concern is fitting in. I'm TRYING to encourage him to be his own person, but he has a lot else that sets him outside of the "norm" because he has Aspergers, and he's trying to find a few friends, and it's his choice. If it's a chore, not a choice, he'll never improve, and will probably loose what he has. My DAUGHTER on the other hand, at age 9, still actively practices at home with me, and little things in public.
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

She's currently being exposed to three languages right now, English, Spanish and Sign language. And though personally I would count mentally speaking a language of it's own I see what you mean by keeping our thoughts separate at least as for the purpose of letting her become her own person, my main worry is that i would do this and she would end up becoming just like me(which isn't really bad, but i want her to be like her, not me) so if i'm getting this right, your saying A) shield her, because if she isn't already a Natural than by me telepathically talking with her she'll become one, and B) be careful to separate my thoughts from hers, i'm thinking that a good way to do this is to follow what you said about age appropriate thoughts, and perhaps by adding an energy layer so she'll know, thats dads energy(and she'll associate my energy with my own thoughts, not hers)

What do you think of the adding my energy sig to my thoughts when talking to her?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
Amaya
Administrator

Amaya is an unknown quantity at this point
yep that about covers it and I'll have to discuss with you at some point why I don't consider telepathy a language but rather a medium of communication much like speaking writing or sign. Yes sign is a medium too there are several sign languages too
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #7
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

sounds like an interesting conversation. Maybe we should start up a debate on it.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
WingedPower
Writer of Psionic Things

WingedPower is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally, I'm a big fan of imprinting one's energy onto a younger one. :) Anecdotally:

When my youngest brother was born. I had been really good at energy work. I would calm him down sitting cross-legged, with him in my lap, and we'd rock to calm down. While doing this, I'd charge up and engulf him in my field, forming energy links from me to him and just dumping information into him.

Now, I haven't been doing the same to my young daughter, since.. well, difference in gender. But my youngest brother has turned out to be eerily like me, to the point that my friends who know me and run into him, get freaked out sometimes. My younger brother is nothing like me. ^_^;; There is a 12 year gap between me and my youngest brother. I also moved out of the house when he was like 7 years old, so only heard about his habits and mental growth 2nd hand.

I think there is a great benefit to imbuing upon a child, so long as you have a good idea of what you are doing. ;) I didn't, but things seem okay so far.

WP.
WingedPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #9
aaron108

aaron108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedPower View Post
Personally, I'm a big fan of imprinting one's energy onto a younger one. :) Anecdotally:

When my youngest brother was born. I had been really good at energy work. I would calm him down sitting cross-legged, with him in my lap, and we'd rock to calm down. While doing this, I'd charge up and engulf him in my field, forming energy links from me to him and just dumping information into him.

Now, I haven't been doing the same to my young daughter, since.. well, difference in gender. But my youngest brother has turned out to be eerily like me, to the point that my friends who know me and run into him, get freaked out sometimes. My younger brother is nothing like me. ^_^;; There is a 12 year gap between me and my youngest brother. I also moved out of the house when he was like 7 years old, so only heard about his habits and mental growth 2nd hand.

I think there is a great benefit to imbuing upon a child, so long as you have a good idea of what you are doing. ;) I didn't, but things seem okay so far.

WP.

my father would do just about same the to me until i was about four and ive found that early exposure to psi energy has helped me develop my skills as a psis
aaron108 is offline   Reply With Quote