Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Parenting and Children

Parenting and Children Discuss raising psi-active children, psi-related activities for kids, and more.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:54 AM   #61
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Welcome ti the Guild. :)

My 2 cents worth on the subject is the parents provide a range of possible behaviours, but experience moulds abilities and probably blocks a lot of potentialy active users of their minds. :)

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:28 AM   #62
Oneiria
Flutterby

Oneiria is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an active Psi autistic child, who uses her abilities to compensate for her deficiencies.

I am born Psi, I have given birth to a total of 7 kids 4 of whom I know are Psi, the others won't speak to me on that topic, lol

Physics Law: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it transforms from one form to another.

There is no disconnect,

Oneiria[
/FONT]
Oneiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:41 AM   #63
Oneiria
Flutterby

Oneiria is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rath View Post
I agree that the ability to use psi, has to be born instictively however I also believe that society drives that ablity out of most people. I think that everyone has some psi ablity though as we age we lose that
I respectfully disagree about the losing it part. I discovered my abilities later in life, and when they came through it was ... hard to describe, very strong. I was not taught, I could not tell a soul... most of all I knew absolutely nothing about limitations.

Many of my Psi born are adults now, only two left in the nest. Over the years I have made it normal fare, a small bit at a time. Now, my kids are open with it, they have no special vocabulary for it, we just are what we are.

Anyways, I am new and hope to learn a few limitations... a car needs brakes, right?

A ray of hope for the ageing, we get better - like cheese(and smellier) we learn our ability and we become comfortable in it. I am curious to know if there are other talents in me I haven't challenged yet.

Physics Law: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it transforms from one form to another.

There is no disconnect,

Oneiria[
/FONT]
Oneiria is offline   Reply With Quote