Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Parenting and Children

Parenting and Children Discuss raising psi-active children, psi-related activities for kids, and more.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #21
Aluc Mobium

Aluc Mobium is an unknown quantity at this point
the big secret is that there is no such thing as nons or born ons or any other category you would like to use. it is all about the consciousness on how one was raised and on how one raised themselves. no person has any less energetic potential then any other person, but one can have more resistance to that potential in an area they are exposed to randomly, especially if if isn't in the norms of how the individual was raised. yes it is amazing that someone can learn something quickly through perseverance and practice over many years, while for another it took just a few months, but if you look at the two lifestyles of the individuals it will be apparent why one learned faster then another. there are of course so many other variables to the way one develops energetically, but the main point is the label of born on, non, partial, psi vamp etc is a way of separation to make one feel more special then another and has never worked in the past because it always shown favor to the few who seem to have an easier time in sliding into whatever potential was needed. No person is more special then another because they can do something that another can't or they learned something more quickly, but what is really special is how persevere in learning what you feel you need to learn to reach your own potential.
Aluc Mobium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:55 PM   #22
mrco.gllrdo
Dead account :'(

mrco.gllrdo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluc Mobium View Post
the big secret is that there is no such thing as nons or born ons or any other category you would like to use. it is all about the consciousness on how one was raised and on how one raised themselves. no person has any less energetic potential then any other person, but one can have more resistance to that potential in an area they are exposed to randomly, especially if if isn't in the norms of how the individual was raised. yes it is amazing that someone can learn something quickly through perseverance and practice over many years, while for another it took just a few months, but if you look at the two lifestyles of the individuals it will be apparent why one learned faster then another. there are of course so many other variables to the way one develops energetically, but the main point is the label of born on, non, partial, psi vamp etc is a way of separation to make one feel more special then another and has never worked in the past because it always shown favor to the few who seem to have an easier time in sliding into whatever potential was needed. No person is more special then another because they can do something that another can't or they learned something more quickly, but what is really special is how persevere in learning what you feel you need to learn to reach your own potential.
I agree with you about everything, however the part about psi-vamps is sounding fishy. They are actually different than us, simply because they can die if they don't gather enough energy. Something about their psi generators going funky, I don't know much about that issue. I'm going to have to agree with you though; there are many factors that come into play here. How they were raised, tv shows watched, how social they are, family issues, environment, available time, et cetera. You get the point. All of those things can inevitably impact the sub-conscious and unconscious mind. I think in psychology (Can't remember quite well) that when someone wants to forget about an event they try to push it away from their consciousness. However, this is not necessarily; instead, they push it deep down into their inconsciousness area. I think that's where most of the traumas then begin to occur. That's why one's supposed to deal with the problem; they're not supposed to ignore it and pretend it never happened. Anyone feel free to correct me?
mrco.gllrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #23
Aluc Mobium

the reason i feel psi vamps are no different is that they take energy from another through the medium of getting attention by creating some sort of drama that makes them look either like the victim or they just over embellish themselves and try to seem like they have no vulnerabilities. given enough time people will start the vulnerabilities in the person who's acting as if they don't have any, or they will go into a dance that will show another false vulnerabilities in which they will make themselves look like they have no emotions. now this is a defense mechanism that they have learned when they were young, and have become proficient in. now if you are not paying attention, they will have you wrapped in their whole drama, which will allow them to take your energy. this very simple dance can be acted out through any medium of interaction, but is really only taken seriously in energetic communities.
lets go over this again, some one you have just met will make themselves look better then others and will wrap you in a drama that usually has nothing or very little to do with you. then once they have your attention they will start feeding off of you, either consciously or unconsciously, which will leave you drained after the encounter. if you catch them doing this they will make themselves look as the victim and try not to take responsibility, and in doing this they will try to solidify their source of energy which will never satisfy for the long run any way. people who are psy vamps have lost their connection to their energy and the only way to reverse this is for them to find that connection again, but they have to choose to find that connection.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #24
mrco.gllrdo

I'm just assuming here, but I think there are other ways psi vampires drain energy.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:11 PM   #25
Aluc Mobium

i know that, but my above post is pointing out the mindset and perception of a psi vampire has that forces him to feed off of others energy. psi vamps can feed off of anthers energy in any number of ways but why would any person want that kind of mindset that is associated with a psi vampire. but alas, millions of people think that's the right way to interact with another person or worse, the only way they can interact with another person. even if they don't know the tern psi vamp it happens. know you can learn techniques that are most commonly attributed to psi vampires in order to protect your self or even to attack another but that doesn't make you a psi vampire, but once you start adopting the mindset then that will transform your energy system to one that would be the same as a psi vampires.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #26
mrco.gllrdo

It just seemed like you're stating that all psi vamps act in a certain way. It may be true or not, I'm not an expert on psi vamps. That's the first impression I got from reading your posts though.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:33 PM   #27
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Winged_Wolf is on a distinguished road
None of the aware psy-vamps that I personally know act like drama-llamas. That sort of behavior is considered to be a sign of one who is unaware and not in control of themselves, so it is very much frowned on in the vamp community. What's more, not all psy-vamps go through that stage, even briefly.

Likewise, most of the 'social parasites' I have met are NOT psy-vamps, they are just getting emotional gratification from their actions. I have seen no sign at all that emotional parasitism leads to psychic vampirism. Sorry Aluc...but observation doesn't bear out your claims at all.

You're putting the fish before the worm--because some psy-vamps will create strong emotions in the people around them in order to feed when they are unaware of what they are, you are assuming that their behavior is what led to their vampirism, rather than the other way around. This is a logical fallacy, and there is no direct or indirect evidence to support it.

Visit Eclipse Metaphysical, and Eclipse Exotics, my business sites: http://www.eclipsemetaphysical.com/
http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
My Home Page: http://www.wingedwolfpsion.com/
My Author site: http://www.donnafernstrom.com
"We have gone beyond wisdom" - Archchancellor Trymen, 'The Colour of Magic'
Winged_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:48 PM   #28
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Quote:
the big secret is that there is no such thing as nons or born ons or any other category you would like to use. it is all about the consciousness on how one was raised and on how one raised themselves. no person has any less energetic potential then any other person, but one can have more resistance to that potential in an area they are exposed to randomly, especially if if isn't in the norms of how the individual was raised.
It's so big a secret, it's not even likely to be true! ;) It's not true of any OTHER human capability, so why on earth would it be true of this one? There is NO such thing as a level playing field, and there never was. That is not how actual life works--it's not how evolution works. It is a very simplistic and naive view of reality that sees all people as equal in all areas from the start. This is, of course, part of the whole nature vs nurture argument. I believe nature has significant influence, while you appear to believe it has none at all.

Quote:
yes it is amazing that someone can learn something quickly through perseverance and practice over many years, while for another it took just a few months, but if you look at the two lifestyles of the individuals it will be apparent why one learned faster then another.
Give an example? If you don't give examples, then we can't find all of the other examples that will contradict them. (And they exist, beyond any shadow of a doubt).

Quote:
there are of course so many other variables to the way one develops energetically, but the main point is the label of born on, non, partial, psi vamp etc is a way of separation to make one feel more special then another and has never worked in the past because it always shown favor to the few who seem to have an easier time in sliding into whatever potential was needed.
That's funny, I thought it was a means of helping a person identify where their strengths and weaknesses were more likely to lie, so they could work to identify and compensate for their weaknesses more effectively, and learn to manage any peculiarties in their energy-working system (ie, phoenixes or psi-vamps). For example, born-ons often have more problems with developing conscious control than partials or nons do. The person who has the easiest time with development is a non. So you must be saying that Nons are special. I've always felt that was the case, personally, because it's so rare for a Non to develop an interest in psionics and pursue it--so, developed nons really are special folks. But really, I think the problem is just that you didn't read up on psi genetics theory very carefully.

Quote:
No person is more special then another because they can do something that another can't or they learned something more quickly, but what is really special is how persevere in learning what you feel you need to learn to reach your own potential.
Funny, that's what we keep telling folks when they ask about psi genetics theory. Plenty of people won't listen, of course.
Psi genetics theory is based on observation, and it still appears to be sound. Genetics appear to play a role in inherent psi ability, a phenomenon which you failed to address here. You see, no one has to teach a born-on to use psi. They don't even have to know what it is--they use it INSTINCTIVELY. Without conscious intent, and without knowledge. That is what makes born-psis different. Inherent ability, not learned ability or potential. This has nothing to do with charged words like 'special'. It is different, that is all. It has some perks, and it has some drawbacks.

Visit Eclipse Metaphysical, and Eclipse Exotics, my business sites: http://www.eclipsemetaphysical.com/
Old 09-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #29
Aluc Mobium

guess what, i don't believe in partials, nons, born ons, or any other categories within Psionics,l actually i do not even believe it to be a real energy form to take seriously. the only good i find psioncs for, i when you are getting introduced to energy work. this is childs play that you are dealing with, nothing more. it is all Energy. if anything it ties mostly with the meridian system, so everyone go learn Acupressure or Acupuncture, and then you will know what real energy work is. And by the way, psi genetic theory is a delusional fantasy of yours isn't it. there is nothing to prove it and you know it. actually the only half true thing that can prove it has nothing to with genetics but everything to do with immediate atmosphere, as in your family and social group. energy is energy no matter if you label it Psionics, Chakras, Meridians, Merkabas, Auras, Chi, the Universe, God, Great spirit, Ley lines, or the Hundreds of other names for it. it is all Energy, and the names we give the energy does not matter in the least. but i am done with this site. you all speak such small matters.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #30
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Psi genetics theory is a theory--there's statistical evidence to support it, and really...no evidence against it. Unless you have some.
If there were proof of it, it would be a law, not a theory. There is no proof of evolution, either. That's the beauty of science. It's damned hard to prove anything. You're welcome to say you don't accept it, but your reasoning as to why is less sound than my 5-year-old's.

Morons who are unable to get along with other people who hold different views aren't particularly welcome here anyhow. People like that are the cause of 90% of the world's problems. Everyone is welcome here, but only if they are grownup enough to know how to behave themselves in a mixed group. ^_^

I expect Aluc has gone off to do something more grown up in his opinion. Like shot fireballs or something.