Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Parenting and Children

Parenting and Children Discuss raising psi-active children, psi-related activities for kids, and more.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
swiftsilver

swiftsilver is an unknown quantity at this point
issues with niece

my sister(a non) had a kid back in february, and everything seemed normal, but i was staying at her place last week(she's 9 years older than me, is married, and lives out of town) and I, being as paranoid as i am when it comes to psionic security(even when i had quit, i still kept up my shields) i scanned her house for any large energy sources before going to bed, and to my surprise, i actually found two. so i decided to find out what these were, and then proceded to induce an O.B.E(i'm not entirely sure if it's really an O.B.E, it's sort of like a weaker version of astral projection, where you force your consciousness out of your body, but not into the astral plane, into the real world, its like being a ghost. i learnt it when i read a book that deals mainly with energy other than psi, that probably shouldn't be mentioned on this site)well, anywho, i looked for the sources of the energy, and to my surprise it was my niece and her dad. this was strange to me because her dad lived in my house for over a year and i never sensed any kind of psionic energy around him, or any other type of energy. what confused me more is that my niece is almost 6 months old(it was late in february) but has a huge ammount of psi(less than me, more than some born-ons that i've met) and her father has somewhere between high born on, to low phoenix(he has a significantly lower ammount than me) so my questions are the following:1. why would an infant possess any psi at all, its not like they use it for anything, right?or do they? 2. despite having quit psi, i was still rather paranoid for my three years away from the guild, and had scanned this guy often when my sister was dating him, but he seemed like a normal non, but all of a sudden he's displaying large ammounts of energy, what would cause this? my first assumption would be a mass awakening-type of thing like what Ancient_Arcane is suggesting on this page http://tiny.cc/awakencity but my sister is still a non. what would cause sudden huge ammounts of energy to just appear in this guy? and last, but not least, 3. how would i go about shielding my niece? because i know for a fact there's a psi-vamp in her area, and with a large ammount of energy, her and her dad are gonna attract some kind of unwanted attention.
swiftsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
one, my daughter is the same age and is already producing interesting auras, so i don't think it's too weird. though your right in that the dad who has shown no psionic traits ever is suddenly all psied out. which leads me to believe that your sister has a possible regressive gene for psionics, which wasn't expressed in her but was expressed in her daughter. secondly the father may be the same but perhaps the daughters psi managed to trigger his psi to produce. ask yourself this which parent spends more time with the daughter?
Old 07-18-2008, 01:53 AM   #3
swiftsilver

thanks for the reply NoMad. i was kinda freaked out by her having much energy, but if your daughter is doing similar things, then i guess its kinda more normal. the wierd thing is, my sister spends waaaayyy more time with my niece then the father does(he has a job where he has to make up at 6:am, and gets home at four, and goes to bed at 9)but she still doesn't show any signs of psionic activity, while her husband is making large ammounts of psi, and, from what i saw today,(i visited) is subconsciously using TP. his aura is kinda wierd. him and his daughter have auras that look similar, but are both something i've never really seen before. it sort of reminds me of watching dragon ball z when i was 9, its all...flamey(is that a word?) it isn't an oval surrounding them like lots of aura's ive seen, its like those flames around someone when they go super-saiyan in dragon ball z. it seems kinda strange. and, seeing as you have a daughter, could you answer my last question? what should i do for shielding, before i was only worried about my niece, but now my brother in law is showing signs of TP, and despite being a telepath(and a former empath, it was a bad experience, its in your thread where you were asking about people's born-on abilities) i actually never got the hang of telepathic filtering shields, and, my brother in law is a complete skeptic when it comes to any kind of paranormal or religious thing so he most likely won't actually learn how to shield himself, unless its subconsciously. i have a slightly higher ammount of faith about my niece, because, if me, or her mother are involved in her upbringing in any way, she'll end up beliving in this stuff, but i'm more afraid with her actually generating energy(i.e. charging) and me knowing there's a vamp in her neighbourhood(he got me, it took me a while to even realize i'd been vamped, because he/she took so much i could barely scan. i hooked him into a ley line once i realized what was going on.) i probably won't be visiting them again until after summer's over(they live an hour and a half away) so, do you have any ideas?
Old 07-18-2008, 02:09 AM   #4
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

well if your confidince in telepathic related shielding isn't so high then the support department, as well as myself (daimon is good with telepathy also but i can't speak for him in this manner) can make a shield for your nieces father or your niece(or both), i'm sure someone else knows how to make energy hiding shields (i used to cloak often so i could probably also assist).

Amaya is in charge of the support department and i know she would be willing to help. (she seems to have a soft spot for young ones to, having her own).
Old 07-18-2008, 02:46 AM   #5
swiftsilver

thanks for the advice. its actually kinda funny, i'm good with shields, i usually use a simple chaos for my basic shield, and more complex layers and wards during a combat situation, but i can't do a filtering shield. i think it might be a some kind of mental block, if i could have made a simple filter shield a few years ago, i'd still be able to use empathy, so now, even though i can do all sorts of advanced shields, i don't have the capability to use a simple filter. the universe loves irony. i figure i'll put a thicker shield on my bro-in-law, to just block all energy coming at him, telepathic or otherwise unless he does it consciously, and put a cloaker on my niece to make her seem like a non, so she doesn't get vamped, and if i get lucky, she won't take after her uncle with huge ammounts of telepathic/empathic input, because i wouldn't really be able to fix it myself. thanks again.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:48 AM   #6
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

remember if you need help we're here.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 AM   #7
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Winged_Wolf is on a distinguished road
Well, if you're RIGHT about the dad's energy level...maybe he's a Switcher. lol (The only folks who have a field that even approaches a phoenix's would be a phase-switcher, but Switchers have quite a lot of energy too..3rd highest field).

Babies seem to go through psi development stages as well as physical and mental ones. I've noticed they can be active around that age. They eventually quiet down again a bit, at least many do, until they're 4 or 5. Some will go dormant until their teens.

Visit Eclipse Metaphysical, and Eclipse Exotics, my business sites: http://www.eclipsemetaphysical.com/
http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
My Home Page: http://www.wingedwolfpsion.com/
My Author site: http://www.donnafernstrom.com
"We have gone beyond wisdom" - Archchancellor Trymen, 'The Colour of Magic'
Winged_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:43 AM   #8
swiftsilver

also, i have one last question, would cloaking interfere with her psionic development? because i know that if done correctly, with precision, it most likely wouldn't, but i'm only used to cloaking myself, and from being a phoenix, in a big city where there are quite a few vamps, and even more entities(even in catholic school you end up with the goths summoning things...badly) i end up cloaking relatively heavily(rather heavily to me means that sometimes my family members don't notice i'm home while cloaked, even if i crank up heavy metal music on my speaker system, or play the drums.) and, again, thanks for the helpful suggestions.

EDIT
actually, Winged_Wolf, i was thinking he was a syncronizer(i read something about them in the psi genetics artice "synchronizers link to the people around them instinctively (synchronizing patterns and frequencies), and emulate all of their psi abilities. They are able to use these abilities just as the originator can, until the target being emulated moves out of range. Synchronizing causes an interlocking of their field with the target's, and the synchronizer may retain some of the target's energy as a result when the target moves away, but this should not be confused with deliberate or unconscious vamping. However, Synchronizers have the ability (though not the need) to vamp at will, and a hyper-capacity allowing them to store and utilize tremendous quantities of energy." i was thinking he might have been copying my own ability to generate large quantities of psi, and with me being a telepath, and him suddenly being able to do that, it makes sense now that i look at it, but i'm wondering, can syncronizers copy a birthswitch, like being a phoenix and generating large quantities of psi?
Old 07-18-2008, 03:51 AM   #9
thegrogen
Insane poetic coder

thegrogen is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldn't mind hearing some more info about the synchronizer birthswitch. They don't seem very obtrusive so I never seem to hear much about them...
I have failed. Yet how can I act as a signpost when the road itself is invisible and the destination unknown, when the road seems to go off the beaten path? Are there signs farther down that road that say “YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A SQUIRREL”?
thegrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:51 AM   #10
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

hmm. someone else take that question cuz i'm stumped. lol