Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Parenting and Children

Parenting and Children Discuss raising psi-active children, psi-related activities for kids, and more.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
Golden Psi

Golden Psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Childhood Story and Opinions

I'm going to give my story from when I was a child, and then ask some questions, so bear with me. Alright, when I was younger, I had a tendancy to use many psionic abilities (without knowing that that was what they were called, of course). This was when I was about 4-6. I had mostly basic things, like being "invisible", some basic cloudbusting and precog, and on a few random days I could (slightly) change some air currents. As I grew up, I was taught that these things never existed and they disappeared, only now do I recognize them for what they were. I suppose that is why I was able to get into psionics when I got older. So, my question is, is it simply that children are good with psionics due to imagination, or was there any other reasons that I was good at them as a child? Any responses or feedback, even not relating to that particular question would be appreciated.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Burrou

Burrou is an unknown quantity at this point
A lot of people have had a bit of psionic skill or some experiences when young.
i for one "moved bowling balls" in the alley when i was little but as far as moving air currents, precognition and "cloud bursting" that's a bit advanced and well you could be a "birth switch", a partial maybe?
Burrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:23 AM   #3
Minsc

Minsc is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh real telekinesis!?!
Minsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:54 AM   #4
kgdaemperor

kgdaemperor is an unknown quantity at this point
children are less programmed thus have a broader awareness of things. and if actually focused on the mystical it won't surprise me that things happen.
kgdaemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
Golden Psi

Hmm, I don't know that moving air currents is more advanced than moving bowling balls. Bowling balls are MUCH heavier. =P
Old 05-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Psi View Post
Hmm, I don't know that moving air currents is more advanced than moving bowling balls. Bowling balls are MUCH heavier. =P
different kettle of fish imo... granted, when one is young it's easier to focus on the end result but when someone gets older, they have to fight the whole skeptical/scientific mindset that's instilled in us.

for example, using psionics to move a bowling ball DOES become more difficult since the whole mass, gravity and all that is in the back of one's mind... and using psionics to move the wind (Assuming it's not some sort of magi-like stuffs) you have to know enough about meterology to know how warm and cold air currents interact, low/high pressure systems... that kinda thing.

you CAN try and focus merely on the end result and that could get results but if you know where to put what pressure/energy into whatever it is you're trying to achieve, it can be a little simpler and a little bit better in the results area. that being said, i've been having trouble getting back to working with the wind myself... sometimes i get it and it all depends on the focus/mindset i've got. i'm not going to claim i CAN do it as my misses are bigger than my hits... and there IS the possability that in a lot of cases it's merely coincidence, but whatever.

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
Golden Psi

When I did it as a child, all I had to do was imagine a fan blowing, and the wind changing to match the fan. That doesn't really work for me anymore. It seems to me that besides the fact that physics isn't really known, immagination can be a big factor?
Old 05-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #8
Burrou

Burrou is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Actually i didnt move then when they were sitting still, it was more like a slight push in the right direction, it had the momentum of when i rolled it into the alley.

Anyways i still think eliminating a cloud from the sky is really advanced, but youmay have a point with the air currents.
Burrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #9
kgdaemperor

kgdaemperor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
When I did it as a child, all I had to do was imagine a fan blowing, and the wind changing to match the fan. That doesn't really work for me anymore. It seems to me that besides the fact that physics isn't really known, immagination can be a big factor?
visualization is key
kgdaemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Children are more sensitive than adults. That on it's own would go a long way to explaining your memories of those events.

Memories are very suspect things, though. And, it's very easy to get caught up on a past episode and dwell on it too much.

I try to go into new experiences with a clean slate, no expectations. I also don't "expect" a "good" result.

That way, I get surprised often, but rarely negatively.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote