Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Media > Psionics in the News

Psionics in the News News articles from papers, magazines, etc...if you find something interesting in the news that is related to psi, post it here.

View Poll Results: Do you thinked we're all screwed sensless?????
Unfortunetly, yeah, we are totally [email protected]*#&$(Sorry for the language, kinda upset about this) 20 20.41%
Yes 4 4.08%
Maybe 25 25.51%
no 44 44.90%
No Way, the goverment wouldn't do that to us!!!!(Rane: Even though you know we are) 5 5.10%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2008, 07:51 PM   #11
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Winged_Wolf is on a distinguished road
Nah, the complexity level is too high, and this is just an extrapolation of what they've been working on all along--a means to meld a person and a machine to increase reaction time with weapons of war.
I'm sure that 'reading minds' has occurred to them, but this device is a great deal more specific than they imply in this article. They aren't going to be grabbing words and pictures out of anyone's mind anytime soon. This device allows a person to think of moving in a certain direction, and the computer to read that movement/direction. That's pretty much the extent of what they've got now.

It also just occurred to me that the one thing that could make acceptance of psi possible would be for technology to accomplish everything we can do, first. People wouldn't feel so threatened by us if we're only doing what machines already could. That does render us just slightly 'obsolete', but you can't win 'em all.

Visit Eclipse Metaphysical, and Eclipse Exotics, my business sites: http://www.eclipsemetaphysical.com/
http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
My Home Page: http://www.wingedwolfpsion.com/
My Author site: http://www.donnafernstrom.com
"We have gone beyond wisdom" - Archchancellor Trymen, 'The Colour of Magic'
Winged_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #12
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
A guy at work once told me a story about him and another air force guard, the guys name is, *****, and so he tells me, "I was guarding this air force base where they test different missiles, me and my buddy were driving around and we decided to look at area 51, well we run into the area 51 guard and start talking, he talks about random stuff like the weather, how the job is boring, and what not. Then to my surprise i see lights from area 51, i ask the guy hey whats that? and he goes "whats what?" I said that those lights over there, and he goes "you didn't see any lights, there aren't any lights over there"."

Needless to say, if they guard stuff like that even when it's between one air force buddy to another, then it's pretty obvious that the stuff they show us is stuff that either obsolete for them, or not the real cool stuff.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #13
rowinha
Not Indiana Jones

rowinha is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMad View Post
Needless to say, if they guard stuff like that even when it's between one air force buddy to another, then it's pretty obvious that the stuff they show us is stuff that either obsolete for them, or not the real cool stuff.
Well, of course, but all military innovation is X% public stuff to make certain people feel safe, Y% public or semi-public stuff to make certain people feel unsafe, and Z% seekrit stuff to actually use.

If you ask me, it's likely that X > Y > Z. It doesn't mean that secret stuff doesn't exist, just that controlling the information they put out is a more complex issue than "keep it secret."
Old 07-21-2008, 11:34 PM   #14
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

would the formula be like this Z>Y>X? because the secret stuff is the best they got? while the stuff they lay out for us to see would simply be the kinda neat stuff they could care less about?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:54 PM   #15
notagh
BANNED

notagh is an unknown quantity at this point
I doubt that area 51 (or the good parts anyway) are overground.
notagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:45 AM   #16
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
this is exactly why I want to become strong enough to teleport my physical body
cuz then no one could keep me out of places like that also fort knox I heer has
just as neat of stuff in it ]:-> mwhahahahaha!!!!!!!!
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #17
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Winged_Wolf is on a distinguished road
Area 51 is just an experimental plane testing facility. They still do shit there, but not much outside anymore, since too many eyes are on it all the time. They've moved the flight testing to other facilities.

Visit Eclipse Metaphysical, and Eclipse Exotics, my business sites: http://www.eclipsemetaphysical.com/
http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
My Home Page: http://www.wingedwolfpsion.com/
My Author site: http://www.donnafernstrom.com
"We have gone beyond wisdom" - Archchancellor Trymen, 'The Colour of Magic'
Winged_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:49 PM   #18
notagh
BANNED

Like, per say, "There over 600 prison camps in the United States, all fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. They are all staffed and even surrounded by full-time guards, but they are all empty. These camps are to be operated by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) should Martial Law need to be implemented in the United States. "
"The 450 metre tall Omega mast at Darriman, Victoria, is perhaps the largest US top secret military project hidden in the open, carefully disguised as a vaguely inaccurate navigation transmitter dedicated to the worthy cause of maritime emergency services. In reality Omega is an extremely accurate, strategic navigation system emitting an electromagnetic field so powerful it poses a health threat to Australian citizens in Victoria and beyond."
" Dugway Proving Ground is located 80 miles southwest of Salt Lake City and covers an area of approximately 800,000 acres in the Great Salt Lake Desert. It is by far the most secretive facility in Utah as well as the most controversial. Many residents feel threatened and unsure of its close location to Salt Lake City, especially because of the type of testing that takes place there. "
"Located almost two miles beneath Archuleta Mesa on the Jicarilla Apache Indian Reservation near Dulce, New Mexico is an installation classified so secret, its existence is one of the least known in the world. Here is Earth's first and main joint United States Government/alien biogenetics laboratory. "
"For more than fifty years, since the 1940s, Edwards Air Force Base (AFB) has been an epicenter for revolutions in flight and a significant flight-test facility for investigating the critical disciplines of flight. Located on the western edge of the Mojave Desert in the state of California, Edwards AFB is about 100 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. "
"A remote Army facility in eastern Utah was called "the New Area 51" in Popular Mechanics Magazine's June cover story. According to the magazine, the Green River Complex, along with Michael Air Field at Dugway Proving Ground, may become an aviation test complex, replacing the overpublicised Groom Lake base known as "Dreamland" and "Area 51." "
"Rumours abound over the years that Rudloe Manor has a secret role in monitoring the UFO situation. In 1984 a UFO witness had phoned Whitehall to report a sighting, but had been given another number in "the West Country", which was Rudloe Manor. It is assumed that Rudloe Manor's Flying Complaints Flight is being used as a cover for a "logger unit", where secret research into UFOs is, or was, being conducted. "
And this isn't even the water around the iceberg...
Old 07-25-2008, 09:08 AM   #19
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

i think the phrase is tip of the iceberg.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #20
notagh
BANNED

I tried to make it more than that, hence not even reaching the tip of the iceberg.