Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Research > Non-Guild Psi Research

Non-Guild Psi Research Discussion of research projects and studies conducted by other organizations and groups.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #11
red30
BANNED

red30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why not find practical applications for psi abilities and use them through your daily life. If your outside try making the wind blow a leaf. Scan random people. Feel for energy spikes in public places like book stores. I spend 1 hour a day in dedicated training but I'm constantly doing something. The only way to make yourself better is to train better. Elite gymnast train at least 30 hours per week. Do you do the same with psionics? Do you practice an ability whenever you have a free moment? Think about it. Why not draw a little extra energy first thing in the morning when you get up. Every time you get pissed off try grounding out those emotions or even focusing them. If psions spent more time applying their training rather than just training they'd be more "elite" psions around. Individuals that don't need people to affirm them. You can't gain skill by reading about them. You've got to make a real effort. Just saying.
red30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #12
Masupups The Unfeasible
Dormant Psi

Masupups The Unfeasible is an unknown quantity at this point
As good of advice as you have there red, I'm already following it to an extent. :)

I try my best to find a place and time to practice whatever I can, even if I have no skill in it. I've not only been taking the information I'm learning and comparing it, I'm applying it and testing it. I'm not just looking for answers and shelving it in memory, I'm making it useful. Knowledge is power, but only when you know how to wield it.

I'll say the biggest thing I've changed in my life to suit this life style is taking dedicated time to practice. I'm not one for schedules at all, but I figure it's good to keep up and remember what I'm good at, bad at, and improve upon it. It's not less than an hour at any time, I think the most was upwards of five hours. The best way to learn anything is personalized experience, but in this practice you can learn faster by using skills in places that are applicable. It may be easier said than done, but it works, and I know it.

I don't ask for power or experience, I make my own. I will say that your criticism isn't misplaced, however. Affirmation is something I crave in anything I learn. :P But I'm learning to let go of that. Regardless, I appreciate your wisdom.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
red30
BANNED

No problem. I spent last night reviewing my notes from the past 6 years. Realized that following a structured routine works to an extent. Yet it's the daily application of the skills built that matter. Get a bill in the mail, guess the amount. Eventually you can just know (ballpark) how much it is. Same thing can be done with a deck of playing cards. You've just got to look for those little moments. When your washing dishes (or any activity) completely focus on what your doing. Things like that. The little stuff adds up.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #14
Masupups The Unfeasible
Dormant Psi

Masupups The Unfeasible is an unknown quantity at this point
It really does work. My only regret is that I haven't had that structure and openness to try-and-apply for the year I've practiced. I'd probably be quite a bit farther than I am now. Heh.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #15
Macman
Great Soul

Macman is on a distinguished road
I have learned a lot about electronics over the years. When I create structure in my thinking, I literally imagine building electrical circuits. I can imagine building a circuit to practice an ability.

I use my subconscious to interface with my biomind and set it to run while self-organizing to optimize pattern of the circuit. At best I can manage four circuits at the same time while going about my normal business. After I picked up from Red30 on how to make psionic sigils, the circuits have become very large.

Words that are useful are for those; to whom that are worthy, to whom that they chose.
Psions are that which Psions are for life is that which life is.

Truth is the only source for free energy.
Patterns are patterns because of how they make use of information to define energy.

I am a psionist and general pain-in-the-ass-to-understand. This humorously speaking and literal all too often. If I don't make sense, then this is your friendly reminder to tell me to be more intuitive.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #16
Verano
narcissistic cannibal

Verano is an unknown quantity at this point
I haven't read anything about the interaction between magnets and the nervous system, but it seems logical that magnetic forces would have some sort of impact on electrical pulses and vice versa. I'll have to try it sometime. I know from my sleep deprivation experiment that, in my case at least, the lack of sleep made notable changes in my function as well as my abilities to manipulate energy and such, so maybe this concept has more merit to certain people than others.
Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
red30
BANNED

Magnetic fields are know to cause hallucinations. An other weird stuff.
http://io9.com/5851828/10-things-an-...-to-your-brain
Old 04-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
shade000

shade000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Instead of looking for ways to cheat existence, it'd be nice if people actually put an effort towards improving themselves the "natural" way...by actually practicing.
shade000 is offline   Reply With Quote