Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > General > Chatter > Humor and Games

Humor and Games Humor should be psi or paranormal related, and acceptable for minors to view. Quizzes, random polls, "blog things", flash games, etc, also allowed, any topic, but PG-13 please.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:59 AM   #11
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conzul View Post
Um...just curious. What do you want a psi-detector for?
So that we can accurately gauge a person's raw power and there for not have to have meaningless pissing contests to tell who's actually strongest. Also so we can add some regulation in who can spar with whom.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #12
falloutboyfan182
empath

falloutboyfan182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi seeker 34 View Post
So that we can accurately gauge a person's raw power and there for not have to have meaningless pissing contests to tell who's actually strongest. Also so we can add some regulation in who can spar with whom.
I second that, I've had arguments in my school where I've had to just say "OK, do you want to see my full power?" and then proceed to make it clear that there's no contest. It's pointless and a total waste of time. Also, since some people have no concept of how strong they actually are, they'd take on something much stronger than themselves and learn the lesson the hard way. I was like that once.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:44 AM   #13
Constructman
Lurker

Constructman is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, psi detector would be extremely useful in daily life.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #14
Conzul
Abandoned Ship

Conzul is an unknown quantity at this point
OHhhhh, I thought you meant something more like a compass. That would just be sinister.
But you meant for measuring a person's storage / generation capabilities I guess. OK I get it.
Conzul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:44 AM   #15
Paper

Paper is on a distinguished road
It would be greatly beneficial for learning purposes and self reflection. It would be interesting to see how it would react to a day without energy work and picking up on the excess energy from the psions systems.

~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
Here's another thing I wish would exist. Man eating trees. Before the industrial revolution there was a legend going around that in the secluded woods of Madagascar a native tribe would sacrifice beautiful girls to this blood thirsty tree. The fictional counterpart is called the blood oak. I think it would be awesome to grow one of these in a multimillion dollar garden just to show it off.

Meat eating plants do exist but if a tree size one exists the story has been greatly exaggerated. Venus fly traps are spectacular I currently have one I'm growing as a personal project. The problem is these are dreadfully small (8" max with 2" traps) and completely harmless to humans. Sundew and butter warts also trap bugs by simply being sticky. Again these are dreadfully small. Pitcher plants on the other hand can get scarily large. The largest known pitcher plant grows as a long vine with one gallon sized pitchers on it. These plants have been found to have killed many large rodents and a few birds.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote