Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Research > Non-Guild Psi Research

Non-Guild Psi Research Discussion of research projects and studies conducted by other organizations and groups.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:24 AM   #1
Minsc

Minsc is on a distinguished road
"Magic by definition is irrational"

An interesting piece. http://freedomain.blogspot.com/2014/...nd-frozen.html I am linking to the text which is a faster to read than hearing him talk for 2 hours as he usually does with no transcript.

Quote:
Magic by definition is irrational, and thus cannot exist in the objective, empirical universe. Therefore it must exist within the mind, which unlike reality is capable of error, delusion, fantasy and superstition. Irrational people generally project their craziness into the people around them – and the world they live in, and thus cannot be cured of their illusions, since their madness has become “physics” and “human nature.” In stories, magic always escalates because madness – itself a pathological story – always escalates, as a hysterical pushback against a stubbornly rational universe. Like a woman screaming at an indifferent man, hoarseness, tears and assault are the inevitable eruption. Reality is Rhett Butler to the Scarlet of madness – “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.”

Magic in stories is always and forever a metaphor for madness; it stands for psychosis and delusion and the violence that inevitably results when madness is challenged by prosaic reality. “Harry Potter,” for instance, is the story of a violent and psychotic young boy who ends up in a mental institution – called "Hogwarts" – and surrenders to his delusions of grandeur. Ditto “Star Wars..”
Minsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:06 AM   #2
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
There's too many assumptions and distortions within that quote for me to really comment much beyond ; "WOAH! Somebody has a big ego and likes to show off!"

I mean, you could substitute "Communism" or "Fascism" or "Capitalism" or any other belief system in the quote to replace "Magic" and it still comes over as a massive put down to a belief system they hate.

If they had a definition of "magic", they might have an argument. As they have failed to definte "magic", they just have a rant.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:09 AM   #3
red30
BANNED

red30 is an unknown quantity at this point
I read a bulk of the link. What an empty person that must be. It's like those weird illuminati video's you find on youtube. Where someone who's spent too much time being paranoid and finds a movie with "signs" of evil occult influence. Some people just can't enjoy a movie, because that's all it is. They got to twist it around. If magick is all in our heads then we are master of mental programming. Nothing wrong with being a mind-hacker lol.
red30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
Alchemy teaches something very different. It teaches the relationship between psychic energy (magic) and physical matter. It teaches that magick follows a certain set of laws of physics, and that if you know these laws it's actually not only rational it's also very precise and predictable.

Spells and enchantments are just machines, to help a person manipulate this energy.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:34 AM   #5
Macman
Great Soul

Macman is on a distinguished road
I think of magic as energy working that which is intrinsic to nature. Until human beings master psi energy working which is intrinsic to humans, then we will not be ready for magick/magic.

The guy in that link is just a slave to the fear of what will come of his failure to master what is intrinsic to him

Words that are useful are for those; to whom that are worthy, to whom that they chose.
Psions are that which Psions are for life is that which life is.

Truth is the only source for free energy.
Patterns are patterns because of how they make use of information to define energy.

I am a psionist and general pain-in-the-ass-to-understand. This humorously speaking and literal all too often. If I don't make sense, then this is your friendly reminder to tell me to be more intuitive.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:20 AM   #6
Theweirdtophat

Theweirdtophat is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't agree. Aside from the fact that magic has been practiced for thousands of years, even by Sumerians, there is a rhyme and reason for it. Words have power as well as actions. And the best way to know if it's real is to ask real wizards.
Theweirdtophat is offline   Reply With Quote