Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions This forum is for new members (or anyone, really) to ask "beginner" questions about anything psi-related.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
noodlebin

noodlebin is on a distinguished road
I've been able to get a consistent feeling, but is it the right one?

Everytime i try to "charge" my hands, they feel like they're being explored on the inside by hundreds of bugs (as in, they tingle ALOT), but i also get a similar feeling much more gradually by keeping my hands in that position. Albeit, it takes around 5 times longer, but it's still about the same. The weird thing is, whenever i'm "charging" and get the feeling, i do a little hand wave and it sorta leaves instantly. The same thing happens when i try to make psiballs, but much stronger.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Hmmm... you have a very "Nippon" style.

Ever study Kuji-Kiri? It is very much related, and I reckon that your previous experiences have left you extremely sensitive to charging/grounding/shielding exercises.

There was a thread on the subject on this board... top one, haven't read the bottom one...

http://psionguild.org/forums/showthr...highlight=kuji

http://psionguild.org/forums/showthr...highlight=kuji

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:30 PM   #3
noodlebin

nippon? is that a reference?
Old 11-04-2017, 04:27 PM   #4
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

You have a "rising sun" logo / avatar.

Nippon = Japan.

The people there don't call it Japan, they call it Nippon... only gaijin (foreign barbarians) call it Japan.

Funnilly enough, my avatar has one archaic Nippon ideogram - it's the one on the far right next to the Yin-Yang, sort of "person who pays respect to half seen / deceased ancestors".

Modern Nippon writing seems to have left it on the cutting room floor. I gleaned it from a Meiji era katana that I was drawn to...

... made a very good RV target, got the double blind session data from independent viewers somewhere in my data archive.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:40 PM   #5
noodlebin

oh shit, i didn't know that japanese people don't call it japan, any idea why?
Old 11-08-2017, 03:45 PM   #6
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Well, they DO say "Japanese", but only when talking to gaijin.

Natural suspicion of the foreigner, the alien (oh, not them again... nevermind) is very natural, as strangers can be either harmful or beneficial, but start off as unknown.

It's a bit like "Asiatics". "Asia" is really a European word to describe foreigners from the east who aren't counted as European... The modern word for white European is "Caucasian" which is actually so high brow that most Europeans don't even know what "Caucasian" means. It means "someone from the Caucasus", which doesn't really say anything in context to how it used, especially in America.

... amazing how cultural stereotypes can be adopted and even accepted by natives, and foreign cultures can be totally oblivious and ignorant of them.

Every culture has secrets. Nippon is a very crowded place, and keeping secrets is very challenging.

I suspect your psi ball exercises will improve if have direct earth connections via the feet - most people walk, I suspect you are having problems with that currently.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #7
noodlebin

actually yes, i could barely walk yesterday because of an overwhelming nausea/disorientation going on. how'd ya know?
Old 11-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #8
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlebin View Post
... how'd ya know?
<sigh> It's called Psion Guild for a reason, pal.

I'll see if I can dig out that old Kanji inscription and the RV project... actually bits of it have spontaneously surfaced from my data archive anyway...

... it would be stupid to ignore a spontaneous response like that, from an organic entity like my data collection... OK, "organic" is maybe stretching the meaning, but it does seem to shift and change, so "animate" perhaps rather than "organic"...

... My original point was, if you have practised a lot of hand signals already, in a confrontational / combat situation style, then you will ALREADY have lots of subconscious programmed responses connected with hand movements.

Hence my reference to Kuji-Kiri, the 9 hands cutting techniques of black nunjutsu. That is a very powerful set of hand signals and has been pillaged by various military and law enforcement agencies for their own purposes, although it started as very much a "millieu" (French slang for criminal underworld) set of methods.

Get my point now? It's complex and involved, true, but you seem to be an extremely experienced person who is new to the psionic viewpoint...

... Ask a complex question, expect complex and incomplete responses. Seems fair enough to me.