Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Media > Psionics and Paranormal Nonfiction

Psionics and Paranormal Nonfiction Nonfiction works about psionics and other paranormal topics: websites, books, essays, television documentaries, etc.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
One million dollar challenge lowers standards.

The JREF foundation has lowered their standards for proof of the existence of paranormal events and abilities.

They used to require a reference from an independent doctor or professor and a news paper article featuring your abilities. Just to qualify to receive the test.

Now they only require one of these or a personal video demonstrating the ability. To qualify to be tested.

Since the requirements are now within the realistic range of skilled psions I'm considering actually applying for the prize.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Oh. You do know what the prize is, right?

A million dollars in junk bonds is not my idea of a good pay day.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:11 AM   #3
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

They're so stuck up that if they haven't given it away in 70+ years they probably never will. Still there's no harm in trying,just in case.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
Macman
Great Soul

Macman is on a distinguished road
The problem with the million dollar challenge is everyone who has applied and been tested suffers a massive drain on motivation to do psychic things. Take the guy who was in charge of a psionics website. Poured thousands of dollars into it, spent years owning/participating in it, and took the challenge. Comes back drained refuses to have anything to do with psionics.

Probable abilities making force based psi balls, decent scanning skills, and empathy or telepathy depending on weither emotion or thought is more important to him.

Words that are useful are for those; to whom that are worthy, to whom that they chose.
Psions are that which Psions are for life is that which life is.

Truth is the only source for free energy.
Patterns are patterns because of how they make use of information to define energy.

I am a psionist and general pain-in-the-ass-to-understand. This humorously speaking and literal all too often. If I don't make sense, then this is your friendly reminder to tell me to be more intuitive.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #5
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

The only skill that I have that could really impress someone like that is my prowess with energetic combat. The mental and emotional side effects of heavy energy system damage can be almost torturous. Since psychic combat is a broad category I have a whole gauntlet of different skills to try and produce a measurable effect.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

Update: I've decided to revise my method after reading past entries. There are only 3 things that the organization actually wants.

1 something simple
2 something repeatable
3 something testable

Most entrants claim God like power and then fail miserably. If you can demonstrate these 3 things then you can claim the million.

Zener cards and dowsing simply don't work because you can't see physical things with nonphysical sight. Telepathy is crap because it's highly subjective and fakeable. Statistical probability is so random that if you could alter it you wouldn't get reliable enough results. Physical or visible abilities like telekinesis ,and flairs are spectacular but extremely unreliable in a controlled setting. Healing and attacks are reliable but far too subjective. Scanning is very reliable but hard to prove. Anything to do with spirits requires proof of spirits first. Combat is out of the question because the rules state that nobody is allowed to be hurt by your demonstration.

It all boils down to simplicity itself. A simple psychic training game. If you make constructs with basic geometric shapes and basic colors then it's easy for a good scanner to see. A good scanner is able to pick up on these shapes and colors with extreme accuracy without any previous knowledge or external clues. The statistical odds are truly astronomical if you add a third person who tells the construct maker exactly which shape to make,moments before the other person guesses.

Over all to an observer it demonstrates either astral sight or telepathy,given the rules it doesn't matter which as both are proof of the supernatural.

Old 02-27-2014, 07:41 AM   #7
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by psi seeker 34 View Post
Statistical probability is so random that if you could alter it you wouldn't get reliable enough results.
Actually that just hasn't been the case in my work with the Advanced Precognition Project.

Due to release trial info soon. It would not satisfy JRS but statisticians and scientists would get the point.

I'll give you a heads up when the data is ready and let folks here and elsewhere judge for themselves.

There's a June cut off date (all APP data due to be released by end of June).

Old 03-17-2014, 11:53 PM   #8
Axolotl_24

Axolotl_24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm, "simple, repeatable, testable"... Yet, do they, as before, define what those terms mean and what 'demonstration' would satisfy such criteria? I.e. It's not upto an unbiased, independent third-party?

This seems like the same old publicity generating, pre-decided stunt that it always was. Lowering the reference requirement from 3 items to 1 is still next to useless because not many doctors or professors are going to risk their career by backing an entrant of this "challenge." (Simply due to the hostile reactions they would receive for doing so.)

I'm just confused by the video footage element. We all know that video isn't proof of anything. They certainly know that. I'm fairly sure that fact would be used against an entrant, too... Never mind the practicalities of capturing something more subtle than PK on tape. Clairvoyance, telepathy, energy skills? How?

PsiSeeker: Telepathy isn't any more subjective than scanning constructs. If it needs to be simplified to avoid interpretation, just have people project & receive those same shapes, instead of creating & scanning them. You could even have someone else choose which to send, in the same way. I do agree with you on the difficulties of physical abilities / healing, though.

I have a question: if you couldn't see physical things with 'non-physical sight', wouldn't that sort of rule out clairvoyance / RV, dowsing, etc., all related things which people can do?

Best of luck if you do decide to go for it, PsiSeeker. I hope you consider it carefully beforehand though.
Axolotl_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:01 AM   #9
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

It wouldn't be hard to get the signature of a doctor or professor. You could simply state that you would like to apply for an experiment in paranormal research and the application requires a recommendation from an unbiased source.

I'm not convinced that it's truly predecided. All they are really looking for is someone who can claim a testable ability, design an unbiased test to verify that ability, and demonstrate their claim within the criteria of the test.

So long as both the participant and the one preforming the test agree that it's scientific and unbiased, then both parties sign a contract stating that agreement. The contract states very clearly that should you succeed you have the legal right to sue them to enforce payment.

In other words they make every effort to work on your terms. You design the test,and you decide what constitutes success or failure. The only thing they do is decide weather or not to accept your terms. COME ON that's more than fair if you can do what you claim.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:25 AM   #10
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

I repeat - I am not interested in "winning" junk bonds,

And Randi has quite a reputation for ignoring evidence, shouting down and bullying opposition, so no, not interested in being associated with him or his crew in any way, shape, or form.

"Still there's no harm in trying,just in case."

Wrong. Ever wondered what it does to self confidence to be lied about, smeared, denigrated, sneered at?

You know better than that. I think most Guild people do. "Once bitten, twice shy".

Why hasn't Randi just handed the prize over to Joe McMoneagle for all those Japanese TV shows on Remote Viewing?

Because Randi is a professional stage illusionist, a con man, a cheat. Therefore he thinks that ANYONE and EVERYONE ELSE must be the same as him.

Last edited by Pat McDonald; 03-20-2014 at 01:37 AM.