Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Media > Psionics in the News

Psionics in the News News articles from papers, magazines, etc...if you find something interesting in the news that is related to psi, post it here.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #1
Mhael

Mhael is an unknown quantity at this point
1 Million Dollar Challenge!

Hey everyone, I just recently registered to the guild but I was wondering why no one has ever won the JREF challenge. I have looked in to PsyPog.net and the guild for months and it doesn't appear that anyone is lacking in ability, so why hasn't anyone claimed the prize?
Mhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:23 AM   #2
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
There was already a thread like this made.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:24 AM   #3
MindlessInvalid
Angry Deconstructionist

MindlessInvalid is on a distinguished road
because the JREF challenge is a fraud, there's an article explaining why that i can link if you're interested.

MindlessInvalid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #4
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessInvalid View Post
because the JREF challenge is a fraud, there's an article explaining why that i can link if you're interested.
Do Want! :P

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:34 AM   #5
MindlessInvalid
Angry Deconstructionist

MindlessInvalid is on a distinguished road
here is the link and it has some good points

MindlessInvalid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:36 AM   #6
Daimon
Head of the Defense Department

Daimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura about
Just have a look at the "Rules and conditions".
I personally refuse to even apply because of rules:

4: "Applicant agrees that all data (photographic, recorded, written, etc.) gathered as a result of the setup, the protocol, and the actual testing, may be used freely by the JREF."

6. (Part of the rule) "To date, no applicant has passed the preliminary test, and this has eliminated the need for formal testing in those cases. There is no limit on the number of times an applicant may re-apply, but re-application can take place only after 12 months have elapsed since the completion of the preliminary test."

Now, if I remember it right, didn't some mathematician actually pass both the preliminary and the actual test?
Though as far as I heard after he did, he told them how he did it, and declined the prize-money.
That makes the statement in that rule bullshit. It WAS passed.

12. "This offer is not open to any and all persons. Before being considered as an applicant, the person applying must satisfy two conditions: First, he/she must have a “media presence,” which means having been published, written about, or known to the media in regard to his/her claimed abilities or powers. This can be established by producing articles, videos, books, or other published material that specifically addresses the person’s abilities. Second, he/she must produce at least one signed document from an academic who has witnessed the powers or abilities of the person, and will validate that these powers or abilities have been verified.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:52 AM   #7
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
Aha! there's the rub!

so, if i wanted to take the challenge, i'd have to whore myself to the media so i could make a presence? ok, so, how does that allow for a proper scientific cross section of enough people that might be able to pass these tests? basically, stacking the deck in their favour...

riiiight... though, it's good to have skeptics around (gives us all motivation to find conclusive proof through scientific means) i don't think i'd be able to take him or his foundation seriously...

ah well, guess it's back to good ol-fashioned work. sad to say, i don't think i'll be retiring this year :P

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:14 AM   #8
Mhael

Thanks alot everyone, i was searching for a thread about it, theres just alot of threads too look through. Thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 04:35 AM   #9
Shiningwolf

Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA, North America, Earth, Milkyway, Universe.
Shiningwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
It's also paid in a bond.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:09 AM   #10
Mhael

Another question, I'm not sure where this belongs or if this has been asked before but has anyone seriously tried to make a school/college/place for psions to work and live together to a certain extent?