Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > General > Announcements

Announcements Important news about The Psion Guild, the Guild site, the Guild chat, and this forum.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #21
Firestorm
Member of the Defense Department

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
For those who are questioning these relations between Guild and the Coalition of Gammas:

Don't worry. We know the potential risks, and we know what we're doing. We know the risks. Just don't try to take matters into your own hands. These negotiations are sensitive, and we both stand to gain much from the possible alliance.

We'll let you all know when we have something more to report. Until then, just let us do what we need to do.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #22
Jackdaw

Jackdaw is an unknown quantity at this point
I only pop into here every so often so I must have missed some important interactions between the two groups. As I see it, the more theory and knowledge we add to this site, the better. How does that quote from Mortal Kombat go? "There is no knowledge that is not power."
Jackdaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:19 AM   #23
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
Avkon, personally speaking as a friend right now, don't get upset about this. As WW said, a passive scan is completely different then a normal scan. If anyone was invading privacy that's on them entirely. I myself can say (especially lately having gotten stronger and stronger and practiced more and more over the last year.) That I can tell when something is trying to look where they shouldn't be, and I will telepathically smack someone without hesitation.

In regards to how information exchange helps or doesn't, it's always good. Also forming extended relations with other psions isn't bad.

Decoy, to you I say welcome and offer mine own hand of friendship and civility. I don't hang around here as much as I used to, I'm too busy, but an email is always welcome, maybe we could swap some of my soul research if you'd like. Then again, maybe you already know what I know. *shrugs*

Winged Wolf, I think the brash and abrasive tone is the big problem here, that said it's your home and your free to run it as you like. (Personally, I don't think you were out of line, just a bit abrasive.)

Firestorm, the way your talking about stuff right now makes everyone feel like they are being disregarded simply because they didn't already belong to a group of people. Not really fair when many have decided to make the guild their home instead of other groups, and you basically just said that you could care less about them or their feelings. Which I'm sure doesn't bother you at all but a bit of tact might be useful. Also, the fact that so much is being decided behind closed doors and away from members who care about this place is going to cause problems. You ask us to trust your judgement, you ask too much of people who've spent a life knowing that trusting others can and will get you in trouble.

In summary, some people's pride is going to get hurt. It's going to happen anyways really, but that doesn't mean the admins should be a bit friendlier about it. I can say I'll trust whatever WW you Daimon and the others decide, and if you decide wrong, well it's not like I'll be hurt or anything, my own research will continue and I'll keep getting better, regardless of what anyone else does. (probably.)

Avkon, again, don't worry, even with what I said I do trust what they are doing, as should you trust the ones that came before us and spent their lives pioneering a future we can prosper in.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #24
Avkon

Avkon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMad View Post
Avkon, personally speaking as a friend right now, don't get upset about this. As WW said, a passive scan is completely different then a normal scan. If anyone was invading privacy that's on them entirely. I myself can say (especially lately having gotten stronger and stronger and practiced more and more over the last year.) That I can tell when something is trying to look where they shouldn't be, and I will telepathically smack someone without hesitation.

In regards to how information exchange helps or doesn't, it's always good. Also forming extended relations with other psions isn't bad.

Decoy, to you I say welcome and offer mine own hand of friendship and civility. I don't hang around here as much as I used to, I'm too busy, but an email is always welcome, maybe we could swap some of my soul research if you'd like. Then again, maybe you already know what I know. *shrugs*

Winged Wolf, I think the brash and abrasive tone is the big problem here, that said it's your home and your free to run it as you like. (Personally, I don't think you were out of line, just a bit abrasive.)

Firestorm, the way your talking about stuff right now makes everyone feel like they are being disregarded simply because they didn't already belong to a group of people. Not really fair when many have decided to make the guild their home instead of other groups, and you basically just said that you could care less about them or their feelings. Which I'm sure doesn't bother you at all but a bit of tact might be useful. Also, the fact that so much is being decided behind closed doors and away from members who care about this place is going to cause problems. You ask us to trust your judgement, you ask too much of people who've spent a life knowing that trusting others can and will get you in trouble.

In summary, some people's pride is going to get hurt. It's going to happen anyways really, but that doesn't mean the admins should be a bit friendlier about it. I can say I'll trust whatever WW you Daimon and the others decide, and if you decide wrong, well it's not like I'll be hurt or anything, my own research will continue and I'll keep getting better, regardless of what anyone else does. (probably.)

Avkon, again, don't worry, even with what I said I do trust what they are doing, as should you trust the ones that came before us and spent their lives pioneering a future we can prosper in.
Thank you, NoMad. I would like to point out again that while I'm really neutral to the issue of Decoy and his group (just as I am with any other unknown member - as I pointed out, it's currently of no benefit to me, so the issue does not concern me), what I did try to point out is that in these forums, i.e. at the Psion Guild, we tend to be, or have to be, more accepting with consideration to the general populace and their abilities. If an amateur could passively scan me and glean enough information to compromise anything at all about me enough to worry or damage me, I'd say the fault was on my side. That, of course, differs from an intentionally malevolent act, which is impertinent to the topic of this conversation.

I did assume the point was made, and that issue dropped. However, I appreciate your sentiments.

Also, you've been rather inactive lately, so welcome back. :)
Avkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #25
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
Inactive here I suppose, then again it's not like I've bed another OEC, just haven't been online with psionics lately, mostly real life or email correspondence. Thanks though either way, it's good to be back.