Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Rants

Rants Have a bad day? Have a bad life? Complain about it all here. Foul language and personal attacks may be present--you have been warned!

Old 11-30-2017, 05:10 PM   #1
noodlebin

noodlebin is on a distinguished road
Some words about this site (still use it tho)

Among the things the internet provides, there's a 2:1 ratio of trash shit compared to good shit, and forums host an impressive multiplication of this rule. The psion guild is undeniably rife with the worst of it. (not to say this "institution" is bad..but it's definitely not top class. That right there, calling it an institution, is on the top of my list. I understand that the guild is going for a professional look, what with "departments" and other flashy words for things that don't need it, but in the end it's just lacking, and mostly empty of any actual reflection to said terms.

Let's start with the "defense department". If i recall correctly, there's like, 3 "professionals" in this unit, offering an unprovable service. Then there's the higher-ups of this site, Aerodynamic-Wild-Dog (winged wolf), and Old-Magic (ancient arcane). Those are the most recognizable, not to size the others down. Good old wolfie has this sorta superiority complex going on, or maybe i'm just "scanning" her wrong (hehe), and arcane thinks they're like, a god or something? I'm not even touching that bullshit, she/he's one of the "fluffiest" among us (save for gold old psi-seeker 34, but he's pretty cool).

It seems to me that this website has almost no user limits, which is good to an extent, but when 75% of the posts and sigs you see are illegible/badly translated, it gets frustrating that no-one seems to care how they type. The formatting on this site is kinda shit, though that may be attributed to the layout of traditional forums.

Then there's people who act like the sharpest folded steel they can find, apparently, as some of the names and such on this site are fucking EDGY. Like shining wolf, no offense to them, but c'mon, what does that even mean. Just about everyone who uses darkness or shadow or dragon in their name is a fucking level 12 edgelord. I know it's inevitable on a website full of magic and mystery, but damn ya'll are making my wrists look like hasselback potatoes.

The content on this site fairs no better, it seems, because half the shit on here is just "does it FEEL like something's happening? good, then you're on the path to wizardry", and i'm willing to stake my house on the fact that no-one on here is spared from the "i think that was something, looks like i'm capable of doing ___".

All in all, this community can get very obnoxious, and hey, psionics might even be entirely fake.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:01 PM   #2
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Yup.

You should have seen it before the Shadowrain revamp... doubly yucky as it is now.

Anyhow, if you want to get in touch with the owner (Winged Wolf) then you can go to the Facebook group and find her in person...

http://psionguild.org/forums/showthr...4590#post74590

... see, it's an offense to reveal real names of posters, so I can't post what her name is. Her initials are DMF, which should help you locate her, and her website is eclipse metaphysical.

The IDEA of this place is, it's a resource for people with questions and ideas, to bounce them around. It's not offering a holy "Gospel" or "the secrets of the ancients" or any pretentious rubbish like that.

It's more of a "here's how you can learn to do things with energy" sort of site.

99% of people kind of forget that and rush in with their own problems BUT...

... you would be an exception to that generalization, Noodlebin. You've never posted under the influence of teenage angst, so far as I can tell.

... I entered the psychic world as a complete naysayer, eager to test out remote viewing and other things as impossible.

... did I get a big surprise... yes.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:55 AM   #3
Minsc

Minsc is on a distinguished road
House of The Ancients had the best content but that site shut down and the guy behind it vanished.
Minsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #4
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
House of The Ancients had the best content but that site shut down and the guy behind it vanished.
Fair enough. Some people WANT arcane and mystical and pretentious. If the information ("useful" data) gets transmitted, does it really matter about style of delivery?

Takes all sorts, noodlebin. It's our world, not my world or your world or belonging/possession of any particular individual. Maybe there's a mystical arbiter, a "Great Engineer" as some call the infinite Most High. Or maybe God is the true "Spirit of the Universe". That' sort of thing is all conjectural, the "truth" is what the individual chooses to believe.

Young people can be VERY annoying and distracting, so can old people who haven't really grown up or matured ... it goes with the territory of being a human being.

"Kind" is German in origin, in German it means "child". In English it means "like a child, simple, loving, heart warming" etc.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:46 AM   #5
noodlebin

noodlebin is on a distinguished road
I love this guy. As of yet, nothing on here published by me is half as edgy as some people...
Old 12-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #6
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

<shrugs> True. If it's fact some people seem to have high undeserved Reputation, I said before it was implemented that the feature was easily exploitatable by people.

http://psionguild.org/forums/showthr...ght=reputation

If you compare the date of implementation with the last date of certain posters, it's pretty easy to spot the ego maniacs.

Not that mods can be bothered, of course, that's a lot of work and if they start editing posts then they remove the good bits along with the bad bits.

Sleeping dogs. Let them lie down. <- loaded phrase in a libel court, precedent, be careful how you use that idiom in a published product.