Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Psionics in History, Myth, Legend, and Rumor

Psionics in History, Myth, Legend, and Rumor Discuss historical accounts of psionics and parapsychology.

View Poll Results: Which historical psion is your favorite?
Rasputin 35 39.33%
Mesmer 6 6.74%
Nostradamous 27 30.34%
Edgar Cayce 12 13.48%
comte de St. Germain 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2008, 04:30 AM   #41
Winged_Wolf
Head Grump

Winged_Wolf is on a distinguished road
Well, I'm going to now request that religious figures be left out of this thread entirely--No Jesus, no Buddha, no Mohammed, etc. Stick to other historical figures. Thanks. :P

Visit Eclipse Metaphysical, and Eclipse Exotics, my business sites: http://www.eclipsemetaphysical.com/
http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
My Home Page: http://www.wingedwolfpsion.com/
My Author site: http://www.donnafernstrom.com
"We have gone beyond wisdom" - Archchancellor Trymen, 'The Colour of Magic'
Winged_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #42
Phenyx

Phenyx is an unknown quantity at this point
My definitly went to Edgar Cayce. Not only did he have several prophecies, he could heal. To me, no matter how much I want to be able to defend myself and others, to heal would be, and always is the ultimate gift I think anyone could recieve. It takes only a limited mind, and almost no power too destroy. It takes a truly great spirit to heal.
Life is like a pie. You will occassionally get a sour cherry. And that is when my father told me to shut up sit down and take my elbows off the table, too quit chewing with my mouth open, and to stop playing with my food. Basically, suck it up, and move on.
Phenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #43
Ancient_Arcane

Ancient_Arcane is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to change my vote to Cheney. He manipulates Bush like a doggie.

Then again he might just be a psi-vamp. Either way...
Ancient_Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #44
Phoenix
Charming Guy

Phoenix is an unknown quantity at this point
Cayce, actually... There also other that I find inspiration also J.B. Rhine & Robert Munroe.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #45
Serenity Dragon
Curious Cat

Serenity Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Rasputin! This guy cured haemophilia from a boy who was born in the royal family. He somehow knew the royal family's fate, and had an unusual death. He did not die from the poison, the gun shots, being stabbed, and so on. He died because of drowning, how crazy is that?! Wouldn't someone die because of bleeding to death, or the poison, but no, not this guy.
Serenity Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:26 AM   #46
Nervous
Bang!

Nervous is an unknown quantity at this point
You all suck ,Wolf Grigorevich Messing is my favorite!

Er, wait, does it have to be a historical figure, as in realy famous, or at least kind of famous?
(forgive me I'm new to this whole psi world) But Trolls Exist!?! Are they the same kind of trolls that i see in my fantasy books and children's story's or what? Where can I find one and how do I fight one?!? I'm eager for as much combat training as i can get!
/\ lol /\
Nervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:52 AM   #47
zero
Inquisition

zero is an unknown quantity at this point
Nostradamus gets my vote. Sadly, he's the only one aside from rasputin I knew about.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #48
Nervous
Bang!

Nervous is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyx View Post
My definitly went to Edgar Cayce. Not only did he have several prophecies, he could heal. To me, no matter how much I want to be able to defend myself and others, to heal would be, and always is the ultimate gift I think anyone could recieve. It takes only a limited mind, and almost no power too destroy. It takes a truly great spirit to heal.
Unfortunatly, if someone had an astounding healing power, they could do much damage. (Reputation!) If everyone comes to me for healing, I can charge them, and I can eventualy get enough money and status to do what I want.
Nervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #49
jammer854
psionic warlord

jammer854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Wolf View Post
Well, I'm going to now request that religious figures be left out of this thread entirely--No Jesus, no Buddha, no Mohammed, etc. Stick to other historical figures. Thanks. :P
are you saying jesus wasnt real? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #50
psionide
Non on a Mission

psionide is an unknown quantity at this point
I voted for Nostradamus as, aside from the accuracy of his obviously advanced precognitive predictions, I read the beginning of this book about him that was quite interesting: this book's author, while at Nostradamus's grave, did some memorial ceremony for him and just as she/he (don't remember the author) said Nostradamus's name, lightning or something struck nearby. This may be fluffy sensationalism, I know, it is the only case I am aware of that a deceased Energy Worker caused a measurable phenomenon so long after his death.

If you need a hug, a tree will never run away from you or file a restraining order against you. Makes good firewood too.

Always pretend to listen carefully to what others say before you call them a moronic twit. It makes it more convincing.

And above all, NEVER LISTEN TO ANY ADVICE IN INTERNET FORUM SIGNATURES!
psionide is offline   Reply With Quote