Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Training > Mental Abilities

Mental Abilities Sensing and affecting thoughts, emotions, nervous system impulses, and instincts.

View Poll Results: Should I do this?
Yes, it is a good idea 11 30.56%
No, it is unethical 15 41.67%
No, you wouldn't be able to do it 6 16.67%
Unsure 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
Constructman
Lurker

Constructman is an unknown quantity at this point
Telepathically shock-jolting classmates into submission?

I was thinking about using telepathy to somehow "correct" my rebellious classmates into actually listening to the teacher. Is this a good idea?
Old 01-03-2012, 04:14 AM   #2
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
Try it ! If you get results post what you learned. Just take care not to harm your subjects.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
gavin2797
the philosopher

gavin2797 is an unknown quantity at this point
this boarders on ethics, but seeing those who sherk education so blatantly do anger me. ehh go ahead, less the masses become even MORE ignorant.

The Kenny-G of the Psionic World.
gavin2797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
Nightshadow78

Nightshadow78 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think a little jolt won't hurt I on the other hand would thump them on the ear lobe astrally and save my energy.
Nightshadow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
There are a lot of things to consider. First off if they are inhibiting your own learning, so in a way it's justifiable. On another note, you generally don't want to make a habit of doing that stuff. But, then another point is you can't learn how to telepathically suggest without well, telepathically suggesting. In this case just try to TPS calming down emotions.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:28 AM   #6
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Hmm... slightly different way of doing it without using forceful methods.

First, the underlying cause of the ignorance is a need to be heard - so first you have to divert that drain/suck into an energy source. Very often more than one - as one person shuts up another opens their mouth.

Next,the suggestion that what the teacher is saying is very interesting and will improve the classmates life.

You don't NEED to use force - just a drain and a suggestion. If you go around forcing people then you can very often get negative energy back. Or a punch on the nose or similar retaliation.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #7
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm not sure what you mean by drain, if by, the persons energy is what you meant. I can't see how that would make them listen. (obviously the TPS is for that.) but still, not quite sure what you mean, especially since you go on to refer to getting negative energy back (from a non?) or a punch on the nose (noticed by a non?).
Old 01-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #8
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
If I understand what pat's saying. He says that since different thoughts activate different nerve clusters in the brain and those nerves generate psi. Then by draining that energy you can gently terminate the selected train of thoughts. Then you telepathically suggest a new base thought that can be expanded on.

Ancient arcane had a similar method but in he'd use his raw power to intimidate a person by pushing on their chakras while implanting the intention. In this way the implanted thought would stick better.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #9
Minsc

Minsc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi seeker 34 View Post
Ancient arcane had a similar method but in he'd use his raw power to intimidate a person by pushing on their chakras while implanting the intention. In this way the implanted thought would stick better.
So where did he go to?
Minsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #10
Nightshadow78

Nightshadow78 is an unknown quantity at this point
That's one I use but only in a positive way I guess if you're talking about pushing a chakra let's just say the third eye push the link to the subconsious and you got some serious programming opportunities but I do it for a positive reason for people under stress and to help out.Every has to be at least respectful of the teacher it is common sense and just a given fact that running mouth stops brain from learning.But tolerance is good for a teacher a wise man says little but his words reveal much.
Nightshadow78 is offline   Reply With Quote