Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Fluff and Flights of Fancy

Fluff and Flights of Fancy Is it absurd, "out there", vanishingly unlikely, ridiculous, or logically a bit questionable? Here's where it goes!

View Poll Results: how do you think the egyptians built the pyramids?
using psionics 12 23.08%
using simple primitive tools 35 67.31%
using electromagnetic grids to levitate the stones 3 5.77%
it was aliens who built the pyramids 11 21.15%
it was the people of atlantis who built the pyramids 7 13.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2011, 05:48 AM   #101
gavin2797
the philosopher

gavin2797 is an unknown quantity at this point
lets see, egyptians used pack animals,the wheel, boats, massive manpower, complex (back then mind you) mathmatical skills and construction technique.

The Kenny-G of the Psionic World.
gavin2797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #102
Vash908

Vash908 is an unknown quantity at this point
Something which I find absent so far, is the various avenues of "science & technology" possible. Just because we think of our path of technology, and the current means of achieving result, doesn't mean it is absolute by any means. It is merely one route with which to interact (to the given intent) with the physical world. Imagine "re-running" our existence from the start, do you think, by the equivalent time passed until our "now" modern time, that all the technology would be identical, or even similar beyond the original base idea? Do you think the layers which our science has progressed upon, would be layered in a similar fashion and similar individual proficiency? I do not think so.
How this relates to the pyramids, I will leave as food for thought, don't want to write too much in one post

- Arthur Schopenhauer
Vash908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #103
gavin2797
the philosopher

gavin2797 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash908 View Post
Something which I find absent so far, is the various avenues of "science & technology" possible. Just because we think of our path of technology, and the current means of achieving result, doesn't mean it is absolute by any means. It is merely one route with which to interact (to the given intent) with the physical world. Imagine "re-running" our existence from the start, do you think, by the equivalent time passed until our "now" modern time, that all the technology would be identical, or even similar beyond the original base idea? Do you think the layers which our science has progressed upon, would be layered in a similar fashion and similar individual proficiency? I do not think so.
How this relates to the pyramids, I will leave as food for thought, don't want to write too much in one post
65 billion years of evolution. Plenty of time to create, destroy, rebuild, be nocked over again, create atlantis, discover advanced tools, collapse into african sub-cultures and re-grow, loosing all of the advanced skills learned.

The Kenny-G of the Psionic World.
gavin2797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #104
noodlebin

noodlebin is on a distinguished road
actually, they built small 'cities' around the pyramid sites, with what look to be shops and stuff. It is thought that the people respected the pharaoh enough that they helped him willingly
Old 10-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #105
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlebin View Post
actually, they built small 'cities' around the pyramid sites, with what look to be shops and stuff. It is thought that the people respected the pharaoh enough that they helped him willingly
I must admit I know very little about the subject. I've visited Egypt, but Sinai is a long way from where the Pharoahs ruled from and the sites they where buried at.

An acquaintance of mine has spent a long time investigating the area. He's not the most coherent but... PM for you.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote