Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Training > Energy Working, Constructs, and Shielding

Energy Working, Constructs, and Shielding Discuss moving and sensing energy, creating shields, psi balls and other constructs, linking, defensive techniques, and more.

View Poll Results: Is this series worth making?
Yes, it's very informational. 14 77.78%
No, I don't think so. 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #11
NIRS
Master

NIRS is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to sharing my knowledge and point of view with the guild. Are mods even still active on the forum? Lol.

Also, can't I delete the post myself? I think I saw a 'delete post' button somewhere around here..

But, I suppose that I can type up a whole semester, and then make a new thread for it. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #12
ShadowRain

ShadowRain is an unknown quantity at this point
If you would like your previous posts edited or deleted, either say which ones in this thread and I'll shuffle stuff around, or PM me.

ShadowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #13
NIRS
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRain View Post
If you would like your previous posts edited or deleted, either say which ones in this thread and I'll shuffle stuff around, or PM me.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Also, I know you're probably annoyed by me asking, but, any opinions on this little 'series' I'm going to be starting?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #14
ShadowRain

ShadowRain is an unknown quantity at this point
No, not annoyed. It looks like you've put a lot of work into it, though the concepts so far are pretty basic. I'm waiting to see where you go with it.

ShadowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
NIRS
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRain View Post
No, not annoyed. It looks like you've put a lot of work into it, though the concepts so far are pretty basic. I'm waiting to see where you go with it.
It'l get a bit more advanced as I continue. I'm trying to take it a little slow, for newer psions. I don't have as much time to write as I wish I could, but I'll continue asap.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #16
IronUr
Oath Breaker

IronUr is an unknown quantity at this point
I wanted to clearify something.

whe nyou say meditate are you talking about entering an altered state, the 'normal western' meditation practice if a half hour to and hour, or connenting to your true state of spirit?
IronUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:34 AM   #17
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Uh, IronUR, I suggest you look up Dr Charles Tart, "Altered States of Consciousness". It's not a binary area to be working with - like, being drunk is an altered state of conciousness. Being in combat is an altered state of consciousness. Tripping on acid. Meditation. Hemisync.

It's a very large area and rather than have a flame war start over opinions... I suggest you go there and read. There are netfriendly editions.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #18
IronUr
Oath Breaker

IronUr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat McDonald View Post
Uh, IronUR, I suggest you look up Dr Charles Tart, "Altered States of Consciousness". It's not a binary area to be working with - like, being drunk is an altered state of conciousness. Being in combat is an altered state of consciousness. Tripping on acid. Meditation. Hemisync.

It's a very large area and rather than have a flame war start over opinions... I suggest you go there and read. There are netfriendly editions.
what are you talking about? flame war?

I'm asking for clearification on the instruction
IronUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #19
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronUr View Post
what are you talking about? flame war?

I'm asking for clearification on the instruction
Well, the first lesson posted by NIRS was a basic outline of how to meditate.

You are asking whether it's
Quote:
entering an altered state, the 'normal western' meditation practice if a half hour to and hour
Or

Quote:
connenting to your true state of spirit?
Which is a BINARY question - only two possible answers, this one or that one.

My point is, "altered state of consciousness" isn't a binary result. There are MANY states of "consciousness".

Tell you what... I'l PM NIRS and ask them if they would mind looking over your posts and my posts and give an opinion, OK? Best I can do.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #20
NIRS
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronUr View Post
I wanted to clearify something.

whe nyou say meditate are you talking about entering an altered state, the 'normal western' meditation practice if a half hour to and hour, or connenting to your true state of spirit?
Psionic meditation is much different from general meditation, vaguely speaking, I don't have enough time on my hands at this particular moment to explain this to you, because I actually have an important test tomorrow for school, but, its not exactly 'connecting to your true state of spirit', no, its something entirely different. When psions meditate, they are gaining energy from their source for their own use. I'll be sure to make a mental note to explain this more in-depth tomorrow after school.

In the meantime, my latest addition to the school of combat series is almost done being written. It should've been done a while ago, but school really gets in the way. Look forward to seeing an update within the next few days.