Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Education > Newbie Questions

Newbie Questions This forum is for new members (or anyone, really) to ask "beginner" questions about anything psi-related.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
JohnSo

JohnSo is an unknown quantity at this point
Bibliography (Books on Psionics)

Hello everyone! I'm rather new to this forum, and i was searching for some books on the general topics about psionics, and sadly i couldnt find any thread on the search gadget that listed some books for beginners (maybe because "book" is too vague, and "read" in this forum is most used as reading energy than books xP).

So, i was wondering if you could point me in the direction of some core books on psionic energy (mainly on its nature and how are living beings related to it). Bear in mind that i'm writing you from Argentina, so most books you can find on your bookstores wont be able on my country, and whatever you can get shipped easily from ebay or amazon actually is a big deal for someone so far in the south like i am xP. Also, i was looking for a full book. I have been reading this articles here and they are certainly awesome, but i'm looking for something i can load into my ipod and carry everywhere to have a better read.

So, my questions are the following:

1) Which books do you recommend for someone who knows nothing about psionic energy but who wants to know everything that's been studied so far?

2) Can anyone point me in the direction of some webpage where i can find a pdf or ebook library for psionics?

Also, it would be a good idea to put a thread like this on a sticky here on the beginners section.

Thank you all in advance, and happy holidays to everyone

JohnSo

ETA:
I forgot! I also saw Winged Wolf's book on Lulu, but i don't own a credit card, so again i'm cut off your usual sources ...
Old 12-27-2010, 03:03 AM   #2
ShadowRain

ShadowRain is an unknown quantity at this point
Psionics isn't a very well known topic, so there aren't a lot of books on it. Most training is found in articles, as noted in the FAQ:

Quote:
I'm new to psionics, where should I start?
Start with what you're interested in. For example:
Energy Manipulation: start with psiballs, learn to sense energy, and learn to take care of your energy system by grounding and centering (you take care of it, it'll take care of you )
Psychokinesis: for macro-PK, start practicing with moving a small object, maybe a covered psiwheel or a toothpick and for micro-PK, practice affecting a random number generator or play the micro-PK games at IONS psi-arcade.
Telepathy/Empathy: learn to shield, develop your sensitivity, and practice sending/receiving with a partner.
For a more step-by-step guide to learning psionics, there are different parts of Anka's Training Manual here and here, and Winged Wolf's book "Beginning Psionics: A Psionics Training Manual" can be purchased here.

I'm trying to learn ________ ability. Where should I start? Will someone teach me?
Read. Read a LOT. Here are some good places to get started: Psion Guild Articles, Psion Guild Class Logs, Psionic Social Club Class Logs, Psipog Articles, and Veritas Society Psi Articles.
If you still have questions after you've read through all of those articles, then ask on the forum or the IRC channel. Very few of the experienced members have much free time, and most of them don't like to teach the basics because the basics just take a lot of practice and playing around to figure out what works for you. The articles will usually give you all the information you need and from there, just practice, practice, practice until you get it.
If you want WingedWolf's book, you could email and ask about paying with a money order instead--she is fairly open to working with people who don't have normal payment methods.

You can also check out this sub-forum: Psionics and Paranormal Nonfiction.
ShadowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:51 AM   #3
JohnSo

JohnSo is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, i had seen the articles (which i repeat, are awesome!), but as i said i was looking for something to carry around.

The sub forum actually helped a lot, i got to "uncle chuckies" site, and i got some stuff to feed my brain (although i am rather concerned about the approach of the writer to the subject :P).

Nevertheless, i would be grateful if those who had actually read some of those rare books could point me in the right direction.

Thanks again !

JohnSo
Old 10-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #4
jifujumah
Lurker

jifujumah is an unknown quantity at this point
Very awesome to read this book of the graphic on the books to make the all knowledge gained up on most great terms. With the bible and most lovely tentative of the essay writing services on these books can be view in the reading as regarding.
jifujumah is offline   Reply With Quote