Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Support > Support Discussions > Ethics Discussion

Ethics Discussion Discuss ethical concerns related to the use of psionics.

View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes 46 73.02%
No 17 26.98%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #51
Dei
*exiled*

Dei is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly, all I got to say is that if someone started feeding on me while I was eating at Jack-In-The-Box or something like that, depending on whether they knew if they were a psi-vampire or not, I'd probably overload them with something unpleasant, unknowing or not.

There are exceptions, but those people I just call "friends who could hurt me bad and just happen to be psi vampires themselves."
Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #52
Rath

Rath is an unknown quantity at this point
For years I have worked with psi vamps. and for many of them pulling off the excess energy in groups of people. Lets them sleep at night.

and Yes The psychic vampire codex is a good read, however some points are valid. However they relate on those that are a part of "HK".

I don't agree with some of the stuff she says.My theory on vampirism, is well two parts.
That the vampire has some sort of blockage between the chakra's in the body, and energy can't flow threw the body properly. thus they try and take from others.
second theory is that they have great threshold for energy, and that for some reason or another the body doesn't not make its own. They then will need to fill the threshold.( it could also be argued that maybe they burn up the energy in there systems to fast. and therefore also need an outside energy source)

I'm also very different. Because i use a filtering system as a shield. I don't personally see a problem taking outside energy into my body. However it took me months to train and not burn out my system
Old 12-09-2008, 10:38 PM   #53
New2
Local Haunt

New2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't mind psi vamps if they're not causing me serious issues. I find the practice of pulling off of people unwitting questionable, I suppose. How would you know that you're not pulling off the wrong person? The people that may have health consequences because of it? Then, I don't know that much about psi vamping either.
New2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:41 PM   #54
Rath

Rath is an unknown quantity at this point
Its different for me, i see energy around people and i can tell what people i can take from, and what people i shouldn't. However i think a quick probe around a building or a room, could tell you if you can take excess energy. or they're are people who need it
Old 12-10-2008, 01:54 AM   #55
Seralech
Ganjalf The Green

Seralech is an unknown quantity at this point
A good friend of mine is a psi-vamp, I've been helping him come to terms with it for a while, he's only just become truly ready to embrace what he is and take it further. At the minute, I've been guiding him towards energy manipulation, empathy, telepathy etc. He knows he's not alone, but he doesn't feel ready to meet others like himself at the moment. I'll check up on him in a week or so, see how he's holding up.

I used to think I had energy vampirism, until I came to the conclusion that I'm something else completely different. You know what? I still don't know my exact nature, but I suppose I'll figure it out sooner or later.
Seralech is offline   Reply With Quote