Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Support > Support Discussions > Ethics Discussion

Ethics Discussion Discuss ethical concerns related to the use of psionics.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #11
Jklp44
~HMS~

Jklp44 is an unknown quantity at this point
if i had those mad skills i would definately do it. its not like no one else would get it and i could put it to good use (IE all i didnt spend goes to charity/ stuff not for me) =]
Jklp44

"I' ve noticed more people are existing lately. Its as if the population is going up." – Andy Roony XD

Jklp44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #12
Rath

Rath is an unknown quantity at this point
Well there is a story behind this, back when i was underage and couldn't play the lottery, It got real high and i sat down, and told my parents to play these numbers. SO the next day i was watching to the tv, and guess what numbers come up? The numbers i quessed. But but Guess what? my parents didn't play them.

I normally get 3 numbers or i get the power ball. But its not something i would want to do. Call it crazy but if i ever was able to get a million, i would want to work my way to it.

I hate my job, and i hate my bills, but it kinda still reminds me i'm human.

Now, piss me off and i can use empathy and emapthy projection to get things. I used it on the guys at the verizon store. Got a free phone and 50% off everything. lol
Old 02-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #13
Emerald

Emerald is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rath View Post
I hate my job, and i hate my bills, but it kinda still reminds me i'm human.
So now being psionic isn't even considered human?

Quote:
If everyone that could used their abilities for monetary gain, the economies would be even more fucked then they are now.
Err... people using their abilities for monetary gain is how an economy WORKS.

What's the difference between you being born with psionic powers and Bill Gates being born with a keen business sense?
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
So now being psionic isn't even considered human?

Err... people using their abilities for monetary gain is how an economy WORKS.

What's the difference between you being born with psionic powers and Bill Gates being born with a keen business sense?
none whatsoever imo... hell, i'd love to hone my abilities to do something like that... bye bye student debt, hello free time to practise more skills and abilities

it's like how i was talking to a friend about it... that you're making something give you money is inconsequential, so long as you're not harming anyone because of it or as a result of it.

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #15
Rath

Rath is an unknown quantity at this point
Its not like that... and I'm sorry it was took that way.

Everyone has things that ground them. In a literal sense of what keeps them down to earth.

Working a job, paying bills reminds me that I'm still human in a sense that one who is a super star finds out (s)he is not prefect.

It keeps me on my toes, and secondly I come from money, and I hate it. I'd rather be poor. and be happy.

and for the most part I really am
Old 02-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #16
New2
Local Haunt

New2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Me too. Just because you're making a lot doesn't mean you've been a good person either. And I wouldn't want that for anybody. Who wants a jerk around?
New2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #17
Gnoll21

Gnoll21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im with Shiningwolf on this one. Ive had the same thing with scratch tickets, but im reltively sure its a random occurance. I typically win 70% of the time, but I usually dont buy a ticket unless im faily certain its a winner. I'm not convinced its so much a gift as it is knowing I've won once, and so the next I probably wont so I dont try to push it and so my percentage stays up.

How did the rest of you come to control this kind of ability, and how do you draw energy out of the piece of paper to know which one is which. Is that how you know? What makes you go "This is the winner" and buy it? Is there some way you practice?

RainTurtle, what other kinds of things could your neighbor do? Did you ever practice with them? Or did they one day win and mention "the numbers came to me in a dream" or something? Seems like that person could have been a valuable friend to have, pardon the pun.
Gnoll21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:53 AM   #18
swiftsilver

swiftsilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I'm not sure about scratch cards or the lottery, but I used to be pretty good at using precog for blackjack. Almost always knew the next card. won nearly a grand in a month, and that was just playing a bunch of small games with my friends.

I don't really see it as being morally wrong, because I personally know very little about blackjack, and don't even know basic strategy, while most of my friends can count cards. I really just sort of evened the odds.

Anyway, back to the moral dilemma of whether it's wrong to psionically win the lottery, i don't really think so. Same applies to scratch cards. It's definitely cheating, no question there, but I don't think it's wrong. It's a game of pure chance, and by using psionics you are changing the odds. Since the odds are stacked against you dramatically, and there's always the chance that you mess up the precog and don't predict it properly, I think it's sort of in a gray area. It's definitely not right, as though you should do it repeatedly, but it's not really wrong either.
swiftsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #19
JuliaFond

JuliaFond is an unknown quantity at this point
One of my co-worker wins many times different things for example telephone,
money. To be honest, she is fat woman. But she is lucky in that sphere.
JuliaFond is offline   Reply With Quote