Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Support > Support Discussions > Ethics Discussion

Ethics Discussion Discuss ethical concerns related to the use of psionics.

View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes 46 73.02%
No 17 26.98%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #11
demonschoice

demonschoice is an unknown quantity at this point
I am the student and desire to learn the skills of the psy so the person with desire is a vamp... but i can be a donor ....
demonschoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 AM   #12
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think anyone will make you donate psi(or energy) in order for them to teach you, if you have any questions just ask and someone will eventually answer.
NoMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:44 AM   #13
demonschoice

Yes Honorable NoMad
I know this since i am since 6-8 months belongs to vamp community. Rather people there came forward to donate the energy in my squeezed time...
demonschoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:38 AM   #14
Vanguard

Vanguard is an unknown quantity at this point
instead of pulling from another human being, why dont you pull from something else, a river, the sun, the earth, a volcano.....those cant fight back, and freely give their energy. you run the risk of targeting someone who can stop you if you pick a human.......go with something else
Vanguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #15
demonschoice

Honerable Vanguard, thanks for this nice quest...
I think the life cycle likewise goes on cruel systems... we do know the vegetation too it self have charm of the life force inside them so why the vegetation so beautiful and so colorful...
the animal and mammals even few fishes do eat them...
we do depand on vegetations and fishes and flash of animals...
like this every body do have intake.... and if vampire do intake energies from human it should not harm human like animals and if any vamp do harm to that extent it becoem criminal and if it do intake small portion of energy in the places of mass nobody even know about that coz the energy is pulled from whole crowd so the extent per person is minimum...
I do not support any one.... My nature I wish to protect even injurred butter fly and to keep the butter fly in the saf bush where no predetor attack it...
Old 12-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #16
The Unknown

The Unknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
instead of pulling from another human being, why dont you pull from something else, a river, the sun, the earth, a volcano.....those cant fight back, and freely give their energy. you run the risk of targeting someone who can stop you if you pick a human.......go with something else
I reccomend you read through the articles. It's a bit dangerous taking non-psi energies into your body, and therefore the things you mentioned you shouldn't draw energy from. If I remember correctly, these are the places you can find psionic energy:

1) Living organisms' nervous systems produce it
2) Ambient energy, or psi that's just seeped out of living things and is just floating around
3) Some plants
4) I believe some older appliances have been known to produce psi as well.
The Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:43 AM   #17
SoulScream

SoulScream is an unknown quantity at this point
Taking wihtout permission is a "no-no" in my books. Even if it is a shred from the misserable peon masses. They did not give consent. Stupidity and not shielding themselves is not a viable excuse, ignorance is not "giving permission".
SoulScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #18
Daimon
Head of the Defense Department

Daimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura aboutDaimon has a spectacular aura about
SoulScream, people "shed" energy all the time, it's energy that seeps out of their field and is no longer connected to them in any way. In places with alot of people, such as malls, airports, and similar, the amounts of that shed energy can be high enough for a psi-vamp to be ok on.
Also be aware that a psi-vamp needs Psi energy to stay healthy, physically healthy.
Note. I'm a Sangionarian vampire, I need blood and as such I cannot fully understand what it's like for a psi-vampire.
But there is a point when any vampire has been "starving" where natural survival instincts kick in and you need to have a hell of alot of self-control not act on it, be it blood, core energy(which I can use to get by when I don't have access to blood) or psi-energy.
oh, and yes, a psi-vampire needs PSI-energy, taking energy from other sources is a bad idea. If nothing else, so for that sole reason, they need PSI energy.
Daimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #19
Amaya
Administrator

Amaya is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a HUGE world of difference between psi energy and the natural energy you can find in animals ETC. If someone is feeding off of crowd residual energy, energy given off by people, then why should their be a problem anyway. It's like picking up loose change. SURE it belonged to someone once upon a time, but when they dropped it, and kept walking, they kinda let go of their claim to it.

Crowd energy is there, the person isn't really missing it, they've already let go of it, and a psivamp NEEDS it to be healthy. I don't see a problem.
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:23 AM   #20
SoulScream

SoulScream is an unknown quantity at this point
I've always been curious, how exactly does one tell the difference between "dropped" energy, and the stuff that's still attatched to the individual?

But why not try and fix the problem in the energy system instead of being a parasite and staying dependant on the energy of other people? Probably not easy, but wouldn't it be better in the long run? And less damaging all around?
SoulScream is offline   Reply With Quote