Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Training > Mental Abilities

Mental Abilities Sensing and affecting thoughts, emotions, nervous system impulses, and instincts.

View Poll Results: can you communicate telepathically with animals
well duh? 29 53.70%
no animals dont talk nitwit! 4 7.41%
unsure 21 38.89%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #41
Minsc

Minsc is on a distinguished road
Scion of Chaos, if there's a neighborhood dog doing what poorly trained dogs do, which is bark nonstop for hours on end to feed on suffering of the innocent, can you open your window, shout "stop barking!" and then the dog will stop?
Minsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #42
superfury

superfury is an unknown quantity at this point
I kind of tried to see my third eye (looking a bit up with closed eyes, while concentrating energy) once in front of our bird at home. When sending energy and communicating by thinking while doing it, thinking about what I wanted to ask the bird to do (so thinking about the images (so I thought about a bird flying to a pole, while sending energy to the bird)), the bird finally did the same I did (closing it's eyes, and maybe doing the same I just said (closing eyes and looking up with it's eyes closed, until the limit, as far as I saw)). Though it wasn't doing what I was asking, it somehow did about the same I did. Was it trying to tell me something, about how to actually do it? I don't know...

Somehow when I send energy to our dog while thinking happy thoughts (in my case: almost always, except when I'm down when something using the computer or something like that failed a lot, e.g. making software that keeps crashing etc.) the dogs becomes happy too it seems? It comes to me all happy looking at me like: and now boss? Are you going to play with me?
superfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #43
2danks

2danks is an unknown quantity at this point
Well Im not exactly sure what I did was telepathy. But I have predicted the death of two of my sisters hamsters on two seprate occasions. I would just look at them and i get random thoughts about them dieing out of nowhere. Then within 24 hours of getting these thoughts from both of them on two seprate days they die. If anybody has any idea what kind of ability this is feel free to let me know.
2danks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #44
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2danks View Post
Well Im not exactly sure what I did was telepathy. But I have predicted the death of two of my sisters hamsters on two seprate occasions. I would just look at them and i get random thoughts about them dieing out of nowhere. Then within 24 hours of getting these thoughts from both of them on two seprate days they die. If anybody has any idea what kind of ability this is feel free to let me know.
Might be Precognitive intuition. Possibly the dodgiest power going.

On the other hand, if they looked pretty poorly and hadn't eaten or drunk for days it wouldn't have been that hard to work out they were not long for this world.

Here's the thing - did your perceptions shape the future or did you just call it right?

It's not an easy ability to live with, because if you CAN tell what will be, you have to do so in the knowledge there is nothing you can do to change it... Because if you could, then the original foretelling would not have been accurate.

If you want to test out precog ability, then it's pretty easy. Just pick up a list of sporting fixtures and call out the winners in advance. Statiscally, on a "win only" sport like NFL, you should get 50%. So see if you can do better than that, consecutively.

Test reality. :)

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #45
Macman
Great Soul

Macman is on a distinguished road
communicating with animals

I have used Psi to control dogs before. It was weird dogs are dogs, they have brains like a 1 year old baby and instincts of a teenager.

Words that are useful are for those; to whom that are worthy, to whom that they chose.
Psions are that which Psions are for life is that which life is.

Truth is the only source for free energy.
Patterns are patterns because of how they make use of information to define energy.

I am a psionist and general pain-in-the-ass-to-understand. This humorously speaking and literal all too often. If I don't make sense, then this is your friendly reminder to tell me to be more intuitive.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:22 AM   #46
Kavalye nan
Lurker

Kavalye nan is an unknown quantity at this point
This is an old thread, but I'll add my experience.
A few years ago I lived in a house that was fairly rural. I walked almost everyday on a trail that went through fields where I would regularly see elk, deer, squirrels etc. I also knew at what point on the trail I would see those animals and different birds. I was used to them being in a certain place and I think they were used to me coming at a certain time each day.

One day as I was nearing my turn around point, I could hear some birds, I noticed that one seemed upset or anxious. Then as I continued on the path and closer to that bird I seemed to go into a different mode...I was in the same place but everything around me was....different.

I could now understand the birds communications, not in words, but in concepts. The anxious bird was worried about me, she thought I was a danger. Another bird, an older male, was calming her saying, 'its ok, he is not a danger'. She kept being worried, and he kept calming her.

I was shocked, to say the least, but I tried to keep my breathing normal as I stopped and tried to enjoy this incredible moment. Then I started hearing other 'conversations' between other birds. I could not understand them, but only that I could tell who was communicating with who.

Sadly it only lasted for a minute or so, then I could feel it fading away. Try as I might it would not come back. Shortly after that experience I moved out of that house and have not been by a hiking trail like I enjoyed in that area, and have not had it happen again.
Kavalye nan is offline   Reply With Quote