Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Support > General Health > Mental Health Support

Mental Health Support Information and discussion area for those with mental health issues.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
anais
Lurker

anais is an unknown quantity at this point
Caregiving

I have a grandmother. She is living in Toronto. She retired 4 years before and she is alone. My grandfather died last year. We insisted her to shift to a retirement home, but she is not ready to go. Grandma says that the house is filled with the memories of her dear hubby and she wants to spend the rest of her life in that house and die peacefully. But I am worried about her because of her loneliness. Last week, I visited her and she looks so stressed out. I think her health condition is becoming weak. She cannot manage everything on her own. There is a servant who helps in cooking and cleaning the house. But she leaves very soon after her work is over. Rest of the time, my grandma is alone. I canít stay with her because I have kids at home. Her health condition is becoming weak. I think she needs some mental support, someone to provide her assistance and take care of her. I think itís better if there is a caregiver with her at home. My husband also suggested the same. I am looking for in-home caregivers in Toronto. Do you think itís good to appoint a caregiver?
anais is offline   Reply With Quote