Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Support > Support Discussions > Ethics Discussion

Ethics Discussion Discuss ethical concerns related to the use of psionics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
Xelothen

Xelothen is an unknown quantity at this point
Should the practice of psionics be controlled?

Basically what the thread title says. Should it? At least to a certain degree?

Lets face it, some people would like to do things for the wrong reasons (I believe right/wrong to be a "point of view" deal, but that's a different discussion). They may start practicing on innocent reasons, but then later realize that they could use it for very different reasons like revenge, etc.

I realize that it could take a person quite awhile to get to the point of using it on a large scale, but it doesn't take away from the fact that they would be motivated by using it for the wrong reasons. Would it be right to not let that person practice because of those reasons, or would it be better to try and help the person see to look on the positives of practicing instead, and lead him/her away from being motivated by negative reasons?

There's also another subject related to being motivated by negative reasons, which is the potential capabilities which come from practicing psionics.

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it;" - William Pitt

Going back to the person I used previously, (s)he started out innocently enough, until (s)he realized that the potential power of practicing psionics could be used to get back at people (s)he hated.

So, to restate the question: Should the practice of psionics be controlled to a degree, and does the potential of psionics have the possibility of corrupting those that practice it?
Xelothen is offline   Reply With Quote