Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Support > Support Discussions > Ethics Discussion

Ethics Discussion Discuss ethical concerns related to the use of psionics.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
Mec

Mec is an unknown quantity at this point
What was the most immoral thing you've done?

Topic says it all. Lots of psi abilities allow for a flexible morality. Don't worry, you shouldn't be judged. Here's a nice quote, "A normal person would try it once, once he sees it worked, he'd feel bad for the rest of his life and never touch that ability again."

Ill start it off. While learning how to ping I was practicing on regular people. I wasn't getting a noticeable result so I decided to change my message from "Hey" to "Earthquake!". Needless to say, I sent a guy running. I still feel bad about that.

Edit: Uugh, I just found the ethics discussions, can an admin move this plz

Last edited by Mec; 03-26-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Mec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
at a buffet with some friends and acquaintances and one of the people came up and wouldn't leave me alone (the whole "my life is shit, pity me... PITY ME DAMMIT!" types) so i tried to project severe hunger into his head to get him to go to the buffet... not sure if it worked though, but it was the action itself that counts... right?

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
voiddragon

voiddragon is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't want to know. A big clue is that I barely have any concept of morality. I feel totally justified in causing harm if crossed.

A Resource on Psi, Science, and Philosophy

"No, listen, what happened was this: they lied to you, sold you ideas of good & evil, gave you distrust of your body & shame for your prophethood of chaos, invented words of disgust for your molecular love, mesmerized you with inattention, bored you with civilization & all its usurious emotions.

There is no becoming, no revolution, no struggle, no path; already you're the monarch of your own skin--your inviolable freedom waits to be completed only by the love of other monarchs: a politics of dream, urgent as the blueness of sky. "

-- Hakim Bey
voiddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
Rath

Rath is an unknown quantity at this point
You don't want to know. I have no sense of right or wrong when it comes to me getting mad, or someone hurtting me or my family
Old 03-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
Mec

Mec is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm just going to assume you've done so much that the worst doesn't stick out enough then. I'm comfortable with being morally grey at best, hell I was tired of not getting results so I instilled fear on a random passerby. When I get to scanning and TPS I might as well put away my moral compass. I need to practice somehow and I don't have a single friend or family member who believes let alone practices psi.
Mec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
Rath

Rath is an unknown quantity at this point
speaking of which funny story.. Last night i was sitting in my english class. totally bored out my mind so i started playing around with psi balls. I know a few people think that a psi ball is just a simple construct, and not much can be done with it but i had some fun last night.

My class starts at 6:00pm
I was there at 5:15pm, so i started making extremely dense psi balls. I maybe made up to 500 of them, and had them buzzing around class.

Around 6:15 I started slamning them into one other, merging some, and just messing with people.

I turned the whole room into suna at one point with them do to some program. I'm not writing in a strickly literal sense here. I just made the room extremely hot.

Next i made the room very cold

Than started hitting people with the psi balls

6:45 pm. Class was given early leave, I was yelled at for having some connection to it and my teacher went" oh fuck this. not another student"

So i'm guessing he has had issue's before

fun fun
Old 03-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
voiddragon

voiddragon is an unknown quantity at this point
My ex broke my heart in high school. I was just dealing with my empathy. I did not think it was fair that I had to feel him and he could not feel the pain that he had caused me, so I linked him to my perception. Basically, I linked him to my empathic range. I have a massive range. That is not a good thing. I have learned to just simple deal with the billions of emotions and thoughts I pick up via manipulating my external or internal awareness to them. External awareness is my input function, overall, or my static range in itself. Internal awareness is my awareness of what I am picking up. Think about hearing a radio in the background and totally tuning it out. I learned to tune things out even though I am still picking it up. That is a skill I learned, LOL. Think about someone who has NO experience with this, what so ever, suddenly having to deal with it.

It almost drove him mad. Worst of all were my feelings that he was sensing. My pain, rage, and despair ontop of the people he was feeling, through me, almost drove him batty.

I am also known to play off of the emotions in the area or off the person. When I am feeling nasty, I use what I pick up via my telepathy/empathy in psychological manipulations. It is not quite telepathic/empathic suggestion, because, those times, I am not sending anything. I am using my knowledge of the person to psychologically manipulate them. If you are a sensitive person, and you make me irritated, I am the worst person to get into a fight with, because I will say something that WILL hurt your feelings deeply. I will strike out at a deep seeded issues that I sense.

The most common, petty thing that I have done/do is basically play mind games with people especially in regards to switching up my personality on them.

I have done really bad things for good intentions, though, so I am not sure if those would count... I have a tendency of violating other people's rights if I think my reason is good enough which is a problem for a lot of telepaths/empaths. A lot of telepaths/empaths unconsciously force their perception on another person via the form of an unconscious suggestion that sticks thereby influencing the person without the influencing party never even known that it happened.

I also have no problem "psychically looking" at you if I am speaking to you. While I am not probing, or making any type of contact with you, I am observing anything that pops up on the surface or is emanated outward. A lot of people feel me "staring" at them, and they don't like it. My response is too bad. When you are talking to me, I am paying attention to any thought/emotion or any emanation that is streamed outward or pops up on the surface. I always tell people who have a problem with it to shield or keep that stuff private. People call it immoral, being invasive, yada yada yada, but I don't care. I use my abilities how I want regardless of morality.

A Resource on Psi, Science, and Philosophy

"No, listen, what happened was this: they lied to you, sold you ideas of good & evil, gave you distrust of your body & shame for your prophethood of chaos, invented words of disgust for your molecular love, mesmerized you with inattention, bored you with civilization & all its usurious emotions.

There is no becoming, no revolution, no struggle, no path; already you're the monarch of your own skin--your inviolable freedom waits to be completed only by the love of other monarchs: a politics of dream, urgent as the blueness of sky. "

-- Hakim Bey
voiddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #8
New2
Local Haunt

New2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm sure that wins you many friends, many times over, my friend.
New2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
Gildreth

Gildreth is an unknown quantity at this point
everyone got their own personal set a morals. so I'd go with the thing I feel worst about doing. thing is, I feel so bad about it, I don't wanna talk about it.
Gildreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #10
Maxito

Maxito is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaking of bad immoral i did many with innocense from when i waz a kid i had used atmokiensis to make heavy floods so that i can get a holiday and the storm turned really deadly and killed many.I had many times used my powers to revolt attacks on me and those times i used it very fiercly.Now i am quite calm and try hard that i dont hurt anyone or do anything immoral
Maxito is offline   Reply With Quote