Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Radionic, Psychotronic, and Psionic Devices

Radionic, Psychotronic, and Psionic Devices Discuss devices intended to aid the use of psi and produce psi effects.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:34 AM   #21
thegrogen
Insane poetic coder

thegrogen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMad View Post
I'm not sure how this has anything to do with particles with a charge. resistance of current. electricity. or the experiment at hand period.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geiger_counter
I have failed. Yet how can I act as a signpost when the road itself is invisible and the destination unknown, when the road seems to go off the beaten path? Are there signs farther down that road that say “YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A SQUIRREL”?
thegrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:57 AM   #22
notagh
BANNED

notagh is an unknown quantity at this point
Instead of a link, how about a "A Geiger counter, also called a Geiger-Müller counter, is a type of particle detector that measures ionizing radiation.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Description"

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geiger_counter
notagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 04:35 AM   #23
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
instead of posting a link, and a bit of the contents of the link, why not explain what that has to do with anything about charge? or this experiment like i asked? the detection of alpha beta and gamma radiation isn't relevant to this particular thread.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:56 AM   #24
thegrogen
Insane poetic coder

Hmmm. My bad. I had this silly thought that psi might have similar effects on a Geiger counter that ionizing radiation might.

And notagh, how about you don't scold me for intentionally being minimalist. :P
I have failed. Yet how can I act as a signpost when the road itself is invisible and the destination unknown, when the road seems to go off the beaten path? Are there signs farther down that road that say “YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A SQUIRREL”?
Old 08-08-2008, 07:44 AM   #25
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

but we aren't testing for ionizing radiation effects of psi. we are testing if psi has a negative charge, by using it to increase resistance of electricity through a metal object.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #26
thegrogen
Insane poetic coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMad View Post
but we aren't testing for ionizing radiation effects of psi. we are testing if psi has a negative charge, by using it to increase resistance of electricity through a metal object.
Wheras a Geiger counter seems to do the opposite... my bad there.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:28 PM   #27
notagh
BANNED

Why are you just testing if it's a negative charge?

Can't you test to see exactly what the thing is?

Hope I'm not being annoying. I meant that from the alil'weird seems to have some experimental data that psi is detected by the geiger as radiation.

Which makes me wonder, it has both electromagnetic and radiation characteristics...

Which puts me to having to say.."weird."

http://www.psipog.net/blog/2006/06/r...e-results.html
Old 08-09-2008, 03:06 AM   #28
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

Notagh, I set the experiment up to be simple and easy to manage for a reason, this way anyone can send in their own results. Right now I'm testing to see if psi effects resistance, possibly later, or on another thread, we can test if psi has different effects on things, now I'm going to let you in on a little secret, I know about peebrains Geiger experiment, it's been around for awhile, i don't feel like repeating an entire experiment that's been done before, when it won't gain us any new knowledge and we are still getting data on this experiment.

Secondly, i just read the article of peebrains again, and i noticed something that you should have noticed as well, they were detecting PK. The counter didn't move until someone tried moving a psi-wheel next to it, which leads me to believe that the psi involved in PK may not be the psitron, it's possibly another psi-something. much like telepathy uses a psi-wave, PK may use psi-radiation, or a psi-ion, or something like that, and charging(AKA construct creating, may use a psitron).

Thegrogen, Do me a favor, instead of massively wasting my time and everyone else's time, and cluttering up this thread again, why don't you try explaining your thoughts the first time, in completion. your minimalistic approach to trying and helping out is doing more harm and is keeping us from going further.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:57 AM   #29
notagh
BANNED

You're testing to see if psi effects resistance....

Where did I hear that before?

O well, good luck , if that's what you want to figure out.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:20 AM   #30
thegrogen
Insane poetic coder

I had this silly thought that a negatively-charged Ψ particle might somehow be able to ionize stuff. But that doesn't make a lot of sense, because Ψ particles probably don't behave the same way electrons do. Then again, it might explain PK to an extent; perhaps PK involves Ψ particles moving the electrons around in a molecule to create temporary "dipoles", resulting in Van der Waals forces.

But that assumes that Ψ does cause ionization in sufficient concentrations, which is not what you were testing, and I can't think of any method by which it might do that, if the Ψ is not an electron. Unless it was more or less indistinguishable from an electron except in the fact that apparently we can manipulate it, which might explain why it apparently routinely goes undetected AND why it seems to routinely exhibit electromagnetic properties.

I suggest that if Ψ CAN ionize that ionization due to Ψ particles is behind PK, and results in the release of ionizing radiation - and thus the Geiger counter results. But this experiment of course has little to do with that, except showing that Ψ, whatever it is, is negatively charged.