Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Radionic, Psychotronic, and Psionic Devices

Radionic, Psychotronic, and Psionic Devices Discuss devices intended to aid the use of psi and produce psi effects.

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #11
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

NoMad is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd like to first say that anyone doing any chemical anything needs to wear the proper protection and do it in a properly ventilated area.

Psi. I'd like you to repost this using the scientific standard method of experimentation. That ways it will be easier to replicate the experiment. I need hypotheses, controls, the whole nine if you want this to stay up here. I won't let this area get overrun with useless conjecture.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #12
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMad View Post
Psi. I'd like you to repost this using the scientific standard method of experimentation. That ways it will be easier to replicate the experiment. I need hypotheses, controls, the whole nine if you want this to stay up here. I won't let this area get overrun with useless conjecture.
Do you have a specific format you'd like?

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

Well the method is more of an outline. Google is your friend here but so that you know your on the right track I'll give you this example of a correctly done experiment http://www.umaine.edu/nsfgk-12/image...emeltcompm.pdf Here's an outline http://www.cheney268.com/learning/or...ificmethod.htm and here's some more procedure http://www.sciencebuddies.org/scienc...rocedure.shtml

Like I said though, I highly recommend learning more in full detail of the scientific method. They honestly should have covered it in school but I know how much of a fail the public school system can be so here's your chance.

They need to be this way so that everyone can get in on this on a real level, not some bunch of people that all "know" they are right textually yelling at each other. Off to work, I'll make sure to check the forums later.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #14
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

I never actually went to public school. I was home schooled under the umbrella organization "Gateway Christian Schools". As such my education has been above and beyond in some areas and severely lacking in others. Every standardized test I ever took including the GED I got the maximum score when it comes to science and really low on math and grammar.

At any rate following the provided outline ,which i will leave for reference purposes, I shall continue.

Choose a problem. Testing the validity of one alchemical recipe for the philosopher's stone.

§ Ask a question about the problem.
What are the reproducible means by which alchemy can operate within
the known laws of physics?

Research the problem.
Look in books. Many chemistry text books state that in order for a chemical change to take place an electron exchange must occur. Other resources (not cited) say crystals have a resonant frequency that is exhibited when energy is applied.
Get advice. see next
Conference with teacher.
An alchemist who graduated from the Parlcius college and is a good standing member of the Rosicrucian order ( can be found @ http://www.alchymie.ca/ ) stated that crystals and many alchemical substances build a psychic charge when heated due to their natural resonance.

Make observations.
Observation #1 when a chemical change occurs so does the psychic energy capacity and frequency of a substance. Observation #2 heating most substances charges them with psychic energy to their maximum potential,this is especially true with crystals,and aqueous solutions. #3 cooling a substance has the effect of causing a charged aqueous solution to draw energy (psychic) from it's environment but has no visible effect on capacity or charge. #4 crystallizing a substance locks the energetic capacity charge level and frequency (psychic). #5 crystals especially soluble ones freely transfer their charge to water without losing any charge themselves. The psychic energy appears to be converted from ambient heat to accomplish this.

Develop a hypothesis.

§ Form a hypothesis from a simple question.

§ In a hypothesis, use the words if and then.

I hypothesize that psychic energy is stored in the orbital height of the electron spin of atoms. If this happens then when a chemical change occurs that energy will be carried over to the substance with the highest affinity for it. This charge should take on and enhance or counteract and destroy the resonant frequency of that substance if the substance has no similar resonant frequency.

Design the experiment.

§ Write procedures.
The safety procedures are ,wear safety glasses when handling hot liquids. During the dry distillation step, high temperatures are used and noxious gasses are produced. Preform this step out doors or in a fume hood.

§ List in order each thing that will be done.
Adapted from the alchemical recipe known as the zinc acetate path.

First scan your zinc and vinegar to determine the energetic properties. Set some of each aside as your control. Second combine these two and let stand until the zinc fully dissolves (usually a week). Scan for any changes and set a portion aside as a control. Boil this down to a thin syrupy consistency scan this to test it against your control sample then set this undisturbed to crystallize at room temperature. Next take the dry crystals and distill this gradually increasing the heat. Pour the distillate back onto the undistilled portion and redistill until a noticeable amount of deep red oil comes over as the last portion of the distillate. Scan the distillate. Separate the red oil from the distillate and combine that with gold or silver metal which should dissolve overnight. Take this and rescan it to test for any changes. After that switch to a clean distillation flask and gently redistill the red oil away from the remainder of the metal. Scan this and note any changes Next take the distillate and any sublimate and set it into your clean boiling flask where it should be maintained at 70c for 40 days or until it drys into a red glassy substance. Scan this and note changes. Then redissolve in an equal portion of morning dew or rain water and recrystallize as above it should take 20 days. Scan this once more and compare to the original control samples.
§ Control variables.
Scanning is unreliable at best. Multiple scans help avoid this problem. Saving control samples also provides a good baseline to the scanner.
§ List the materials needed.
Required materials zinc 200 penny weight, Organically synthesized vinegar preferably not distilled containing traces of the living mother (unpasteurized) 1 gallon 3% or greater acidity, boiling apparatus,distillation apparatus preferably one >500ml and one 250ml, a boiling flask 100-250ml with a rubber stopper,a gentle heat source that can maintain 70c undisturbed for one month straight,and a few milligrams of pure gold or silver metal

Test the hypothesis.

§ Follow procedures.
Procedures went according the the experiment on a smaller scale up until the red oil was produced at which point the distillation flask broke and the quantity of the remaining red oil was too small to continue with.
§ Make observations.
If you are subject to front loading do not red this section. In my observations the energetic strength increased when the zinc and vinegar were combined,every time I heated the solution,when I crystallized the zinc acetate ,and when I distilled the dry crystals.

§ Collect data in a notebook.
to be followed up with

Organize the data.

§ Make a chart, graph, or table of the procedures or results.
NA
§ Use pictures or photographs to show the procedures or results.
I have yet to do this part but it seems necessary
§ Write a summary of what happened in the experiment.
The results are inconclusive and the experiment needs to be re done.

State conclusions

§ Share what has been learned
The chemistry part of this alchemical procedure is confirmed up until the point where the experiment failed on two separate occasions. The energetic properties are yet to be confirmed but preliminary results reflect positively upon this being one correct way to synthesize the philosopher's stone.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #15
NoMad
Device Forum Moderator

Aside form some spacing, bolding and basically making it look as clean as possible. This post was a dramatic improvement. Much easier to understand what you are trying for now to.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #16
Raasu
Ontic Psion

Raasu is an unknown quantity at this point
So theoretically speaking how would you suggest we go about the ingestion of this substance safely? Do you have any ideas on what other things this substance could accomplish/be used for other than immortality? Do you think you could find a way to make it amplify Psi abilities?

Food for thought. :P

Last edited by Raasu; 11-18-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #17
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

Dosage for ingesting the philosopher's stone has been lost to history. So unless I actually succeed in making the stone I cannot tell you how much dosage is safe. My recommendation is first test it on plants,then animals,then pets,then people. As for enhancing psychic abilities, you can't practice the chemistry side of alchemy without creating, and thus being subjected to, very powerful psychic energy fields. So psychic enhancement is a good albeit unavoidable property of being near and practicing alchemy.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #18
Macman
Great Soul

Macman is on a distinguished road
I have a difficulty with any kind of chemically based immortality because I believe people are meant to live or die by their choices. When a human body that is specifically designed to live by the choice of the user is then made to live by chemicals what I think happens is that human body becomes undead. The type of immortality I seek is psychologically based, so it is feasable that a philosopher's stone in reality is some combination of chemicals that reinforces the psychic suggestion of seeking immortality until immortal. This means that whatever real philosophers stone there is would have to be tailored to the individual psyche without driving them insane.

Last edited by Macman; 11-30-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #19
Yoseqlo
Someone

Yoseqlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, actually there are substances to live longer like vitamins, in fact a good portion of actual health is dedicated to make life longer and better quality. Next step live hundreds years.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #20
Macman
Great Soul

Macman is on a distinguished road
vitamins and other eaten stuff

Everything eaten by humans is subject to will of that human. How faithful, true and perservering that person is determines how anything interacts with the body. Kind of like everything about metabolism requires dmils to extend life until that life becomes self sustaining. In vitamins it might be a matter of dmils/ placebo effect on life extension.
Closed Thread