Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Fluff and Flights of Fancy

Fluff and Flights of Fancy Is it absurd, "out there", vanishingly unlikely, ridiculous, or logically a bit questionable? Here's where it goes!

View Poll Results: how do you think the egyptians built the pyramids?
using psionics 12 22.64%
using simple primitive tools 36 67.92%
using electromagnetic grids to levitate the stones 3 5.66%
it was aliens who built the pyramids 11 20.75%
it was the people of atlantis who built the pyramids 7 13.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2007, 02:03 AM   #21
thegrogen
Insane poetic coder

thegrogen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by arah View Post
Actually, the three great pyramids where quit a bit harder to make then thy look. This ones where made on a architectural scale still above the norm for what we do today. So even the mass labor aside thy would be marvels even created today with are tools.
Not really. The pyramids took ages to build and lots of labour, but they're not really very high tech in terms of materials or design. They're just quarried rock, for the most part, and the basic design is one that can be easily discovered by a 6-year-old with Lego bricks.

We could build pyramids if we wanted, but we don't want to, possibly because a pyramid would likely take up too much space to be useful in cities.
thegrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #22
nirvanic demon
metaphysical practicioner

nirvanic demon is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, you know i was wondering if psi was somehow related to atlantis or mu!!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:44 AM   #23
arah

arah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrogen View Post
Not really. The pyramids took ages to build and lots of labour, but they're not really very high tech in terms of materials or design. They're just quarried rock, for the most part, and the basic design is one that can be easily discovered by a 6-year-old with Lego bricks.

We could build pyramids if we wanted, but we don't want to, possibly because a pyramid would likely take up too much space to be useful in cities.

Its not that there made out of any thing special or that it’s a revolutionary new way to make things. It’s more in the exact layout of the parts of the pyramid in relationship to its other parts ,and basically how amazingly symmetrical everything is.

If your riding your bike backwords up a hill at a downword speed of -37 MPH, and it starts raining maple syrup then how many pancakes does it take to shingle a dog house?

"Sanity is a madness put to good use."
-George Santayana
arah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #24
thegrogen
Insane poetic coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by arah View Post
Its not that there made out of any thing special or that it’s a revolutionary new way to make things. It’s more in the exact layout of the parts of the pyramid in relationship to its other parts ,and basically how amazingly symmetrical everything is.
*shrug* What's so difficult about that? All that necessitates is some changes in design.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #25
Firestorm
Member of the Defense Department

Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, at this point its just dumb. The pyramids were designed by the best archetects of the time (Egyptians) and built with the help of simple machines and lots and lots of free labour (the jews). That's all. No psi or alien involvement.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:11 PM   #26
nirvanic demon
metaphysical practicioner

nirvanic demon is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't know, the egyptians did practice some form of psi though, you can never be sure.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:41 PM   #27
JEG63

JEG63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
. . .The pyramids took ages to build . . . We could build pyramids if we wanted, but we don't want to. . .
Actually, a single pyramid was built inside the lifetime of one king; and these kings often died in their early 30's... so about 20 years it took to put up one of the bigger ones I would guess.

And... have you been to Las Vegas lately? We Have built a modern day pyramid; and it uses technology far-advanced beyond the Egyptians methods(concrete, aluminum alloys, tempered glasses, etc...)
JEG63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:09 AM   #28
thegrogen
Insane poetic coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEG63 View Post
Actually, a single pyramid was built inside the lifetime of one king; and these kings often died in their early 30's... so about 20 years it took to put up one of the bigger ones I would guess.
That's what I meant by "ages".

Quote:
And... have you been to Las Vegas lately? We Have built a modern day pyramid; and it uses technology far-advanced beyond the Egyptians methods(concrete, aluminum alloys, tempered glasses, etc...)
Ah, good point, I'd forgotten about that. But I'm curious: how many more examples of pyramids can you find in contemporary architecture?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #29
G2_Wolf

G2_Wolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Ah, good point, I'd forgotten about that. But I'm curious: how many more examples of pyramids can you find in contemporary architecture?
2 that I know of.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #30
thegrogen
Insane poetic coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2_Wolf View Post
2 that I know of.
I had a feeling it would be that few.