Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Fluff and Flights of Fancy

Fluff and Flights of Fancy Is it absurd, "out there", vanishingly unlikely, ridiculous, or logically a bit questionable? Here's where it goes!

Old 07-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
catacombwhore
system origin 3.1

catacombwhore is an unknown quantity at this point
purely theoretical - destroying someone's 'soul'

so this is purely theoretical and I am not asking for instructions b/c obviously if I were capable of this and etc. then I would most likely also be capable of protecting myself to an absurd degree [and I've gotten threats from this question, as though it were possible for me to somehow do this even though my energy manipulation skills wouldn't come close], but is it possible to destroy someone's 'soul' or what makes them them... their core lifeforce and consciousness... and not just damage it very badly?

given that minor spirits and constructs can be destroyed, can people? is it just more complicated? or will they always exist?
catacombwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:01 AM   #2
Nervous
Bang!

Nervous is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think it's destoyed, just left to an even higher vibration or whatever. But can eventually come back to the Etheric/ Astral.

If I had to guess. :P
(forgive me I'm new to this whole psi world) But Trolls Exist!?! Are they the same kind of trolls that i see in my fantasy books and children's story's or what? Where can I find one and how do I fight one?!? I'm eager for as much combat training as i can get!
/\ lol /\
Nervous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:02 AM   #3
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
first off i'd have to ask you what you mean by a "soul"

do you mean something like core energy? our core energy systems?

or do you mean that thing that makes us what we are?

in either case, if you're thinking of causing damage to someone's soul (or even attempting to) understand that you will probably face a great challenge in the action and likely some very difficult repercussions from trying.

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:07 AM   #4
catacombwhore
system origin 3.1

heh, not saying I want to do it, just curious...

I suppose either interpretation would work... just wanting opinions on if it's etherically possible from experience.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
Ancient_Arcane

Ancient_Arcane is an unknown quantity at this point
I find it fascinating that management here is putting high-end dangerous questions like this into the 'fluff' section. When they personally know full well that such things are possible.

Are you putting this into 'fluff' so as to discourage people from investigating such harmful techniques?

I'd think it would be better to address such things directly with folks, explaining to them the ramifications of using such abilities. Rather than just sweeping unpleasant discussions under the carpet.

-Arcane

Awakened have the opportunity to change themselves tremendously. We can delete old memories, temper our ego, alter our programming and mod our systems. The result means total personality shift and the ability to choose who we wish to be. Happiness and calm are within our grasp.
Ancient_Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
From what I understand it is possible but not easy and if you succeeded on destroying a person's very being AKA "soul" you would kill them permanently with no chance of an afterlife or reincarnation. It would be far easier to separate the soul from the physical body thus causing death but leaving a chance for an afterlife of some kind. I believe a soul is like a hard drive or DNA for the non physical (including astrals) which stores memories and personality traits among other things.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #7
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm... interesting comments so far... may as well put my 2 cents here as to this.

1. your soul, as in that which makes us what we are cannot be touched. i have my reasons behind this which i've mulled over for a very long time led me to this in that no matter what we do, no matter what we can learn, nobody has the capability to take another's soul or damage it. all anyone can do is to cause the person to travel down a path where it will be tarnished (yet it will still be there, just, weighed down.) trying to steal someone's soul is like trying to take their need for breathing or their need for food away from them. it's an intrinsic part of themselves.

2. soul energy, as in core or qi or whatever, the energy associated can be twisted around and manipulated like any energy (assuming you have the dilligence and skill involved to handle it.) you can get your energy centers mucked up so that it wouldn't work properly, but that's not recommended.

i still get a chuckle from the people i've met that have claimed to possess others' souls or to be able to damage them. i mean, to me that smacks of egotistic posturing and not worth much. in the end, nobody has the capability to damage my own soul. the only thing i could even concieve of being able to do that would be an entity that's so far advanced (as in, not existant in our dimension) that it would likely have advanced to the point where it wouldn't see a need or any reason. and even then, i'd still be hesitant to believe a being such as that would have the capability.

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
Ancient_Arcane

Ancient_Arcane is an unknown quantity at this point
A side note to this ability: If we find out someone is doing this, there will be consequences.

Just keep that in mind.

-Arcane

Awakened have the opportunity to change themselves tremendously. We can delete old memories, temper our ego, alter our programming and mod our systems. The result means total personality shift and the ability to choose who we wish to be. Happiness and calm are within our grasp.
Ancient_Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #9
catacombwhore
system origin 3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient_Arcane View Post
A side note to this ability: If we find out someone is doing this, there will be consequences.

Just keep that in mind.

-Arcane
no law against wishing profusely.

dude, I posted the question in fluff because it seems unlikely. I just wanted people's opinions... but this is the kind of reaction I got from several New Age folk on other forums... i don't know you or your experience level, but if you believe it's possible I would like your reasoning behind this.

now that everyone is sufficiently freaked out about answering the inquiry... feel free to continue.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #10
Rath

Rath is an unknown quantity at this point
You can destory a persons "being" I'm not going to say soul because I don't really know what it is but the further you go into energy work the more and more you realise that with enough energy you can do things.... I'm not going to tell someone how it would like teaching you how to shut down someone's senses and make them about as dull as a rock.

But again arcane and myself are argeed