Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Fluff and Flights of Fancy

Fluff and Flights of Fancy Is it absurd, "out there", vanishingly unlikely, ridiculous, or logically a bit questionable? Here's where it goes!

Old 07-08-2014, 03:58 AM   #31
Aizen
Psion

Aizen is an unknown quantity at this point
Very true In fact we don't really know where or what a soul is however to be honest in our line of work thats not all that relevant. In truth souls most likely don't even correspond to physical locations. It does make things easier. Manipulating energy colored by your own souls energy makes your connection with it stronger by extension it makes manipulating energy easier.
Since the beginning, No one has stood at the roof of the world, Not you, Not me, Not your presidents or your kings. That unbearable vacancy however shall end. From this day forth I will stand at the roof of the world.
Aizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:35 AM   #32
Black Modem
Metal Lover

Black Modem is an unknown quantity at this point
There are too many opinions and beliefs about the "soul" and destroying it, so you don't need mine. But, I want to contribute my personal experience...

To make long story sure, I liked a girl, ended up being someone else's girlfriend. So I got very depressed. I wanted to suicide, but I didn't want my family to suffer. Therefore, I tried to delete or "kill" my mind, my personality, myself, but not physically.

I meditated and wished to stop existing. Ironically, my family had to deal with a lot of problems. I stopped sleeping for a week, even with benadryl by vein. I spoked gibberish and acted in unusual ways -my family says-. After a while with strong vitamins and anti-psichotic pills and psychiatric therapy, I returned to normal.

I guess that in the same way as if you scrape your finger, your body regenerates the skin, your body is able to restore yourself, your "soul". Though, if you cut your finger off and not stitch it back, you won't grow a finger. So, I'd say it is possible to destroy "souls".

Last edited by Black Modem; 07-10-2014 at 04:36 AM. Reason: bad grammar
Black Modem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:14 PM   #33
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is on a distinguished road
By your reasoning,it's also possible to create or repair souls as well.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #34
KyonFreeman
Scavenger

KyonFreeman is an unknown quantity at this point
What if we developed mental constructs with psychological and emotional qualities and programmed them to be independent, then merged them not with each other but with whatever you could absorb? I'm not talking about absorving someone's soul, but to be able to use the ever remaining energy of other's lifeforce onto mental constructs one would create with the sole purpose of integration or transmutation.
KyonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #35
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Nice concept, but what happens when it merges with something hostile and predatory? Maybe could be a poison chalice...

... I know, I'm a pessimist worry wart sometimes.

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:11 PM   #36
KyonFreeman
Scavenger

KyonFreeman is an unknown quantity at this point
If you see the classical four elements in the whole world around us, then you'll follow through. I'll suppose you know and continue. That's a fire type of character and as I see it nothing would happen if you threw a little alchemy into it. Merge with fire and air, you'll get either earth or a at least something stable. Fire-Water would change quickly its characters in between poles, however Water-Fire would be way more subtle while still being too rash. If you merged it with Air and Fire took over it would be the same as picturing a fire tornado, but in this case fire with fire works fine so the air would make it more apathethic towards its own instincts, while Air-Fire would bring out fire's passion but not it's rushness towards things. Of course, there's always the way of merging with earth, but Fire-Earth and hostile would not be a good thing. For instance, just as a passionate one is fiery and a cold heart would be water, an observer or equilibrium is air and life or complete systems in themselves are earth. I'd definitely use this kind of scheme both before and after the merging. Plus, I don't recomment doing anything out of inner awareness and self energy manipulation w/o shielding. If you expected something different or a "how-to-deal NOW" my approach would be to project against it everything he did not represent while personally dealing with it. It's Godmode in our own brains, we shouldn't lose our ways even if we imagine it going through the end and we feel it didn't went quite well. I don't believe in hauntings nor in curses, but I do not know how dark energy, the one who makes you feel ill or uncomfortable, moves or behaves, nor white energy - it'd be the same as feeling a person good or bad. we're bound to time and we can't predict the future nor behold the past for we are not omnipresent. If there is doubt then it's not a good answer, but we're fallible as a species and we're easily led to believe things outside of what we feel.
KyonFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #37
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

^^^ Nope Nope Nope. Sentient constructs that grow faster and smarter than you do. Been there done that.

It's not remotely fun.

Also what is this empty stream of useless words that you're trying to pass off as alchemy?

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #38
Pat McDonald
Very, very pale grey

Pat McDonald is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi seeker 34 View Post
Also what is this empty stream of useless words that you're trying to pass off as alchemy?
It's a description of reality.

I doubt it's that accurate but it might serve as a starting point for the poster to give some kind of take on how things work.

if you want to get precious with the subject, then start handing out lumps of gold to members "cos you can."

Actually that might be a really bad idea... but I think you can understand my point?

You think I don't know. Well, maybe you're wrong. Maybe I'm wrong.

But assuming you are always right always puts you in the wrong.

Because assume just makes an ass of u and me.
Pat McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #39
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

^ Actually handing out lumps of gold to students of the art is exactly what I intend to do once I get to that point. The only real problem is all truthful authors insist that you have to have gold to make gold,for the same reason you need a pair of sheep to make a sheep,and apple seeds to grow apples. I estimate that it may cost about $1300 to $2000 in gold to get it to work right. (if you know how to do it) Learning how to do it may cost more unless obscene amounts of luck cause it to work right on the first try.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #40
ostar2
Transcendent

ostar2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to do this to entities that annoyed me. You shatter them and scatter the pieces after stop the vibrations. But I stopped as it is quite literally a fate worse than death.
ostar2 is offline   Reply With Quote