Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Support > General Health > Chronic Physical Disabilities Support

Chronic Physical Disabilities Support Information and discussions on chronic health problems and disabilities.

Old 06-29-2018, 06:07 AM   #1
JamesHuddy

JamesHuddy is an unknown quantity at this point
My story of sleep apnea

Hi, My name is James I would like to share my story of sleep apnea. I have always had the loudest snoring. However, other than snoring, I used to see nightmares and used to awake for the whole night thinking about it. I feel like sleeping during daytime. I have an excessive sleepiness while doing work. I was not able to complete my works on time, I was not able to concentrate on my family. Lack of proper sleep gave me constant headaches. Then I realized that sleep deprivation can be horrible.
My wife recommended me to consult a doctor. I booked a date for consulting a physician in our hometown. I told the primary care physician that I had headaches. She gave me some medicine for the headaches but they gave me only a temporary relief. When I googled, I read about the sleep apnea equipment. I need to know more about this.
Is that equipment comfortable to use? I think we need doctors prescription to use one. Is it so? When I shared these views with my friend, he told me that it is quite expensive. But now, I am not concerned about money. What I need is a better sleep. Kindly share your insight with me.
JamesHuddy is offline   Reply With Quote