Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > General > Chatter

Chatter If it doesn't belong ANYWHERE else, post it here.

View Poll Results: Have the changes in your life been good or bad??
All Good 1 16.67%
A mix, more good 3 50.00%
A equal mix 2 33.33%
A mix, more bad 0 0%
All Bad 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2008, 11:29 PM   #1
Rane
Thinker

Rane is an unknown quantity at this point
Changes

I posted this article because I was curious as to what different changes the knowledge and ability of psi caused in their lives. And also how they came to find out about psi.
Now since I posted the article I might as well as go first.
I first got a glimpse into this stuff when I was younger, 7 or 8, I don't know somewhere around there. Anyway I got curious about supernatural or somthing(I can't remember) anyways I googled "How to move stuff with your mind" or "how to do telekinesis" most likely the former. As I did I came across a page that showed the technique with pin and jar or whatever it is called. I am not quite sure but I somehow came across the wingmakers site and since then I have found a crapload of other sites and been researching psi and other stuff that it is apparently frowned upon to mention at this site since it is the psionguild off and on. Though it looks like it will stick this time. The changes it has caused are good and bad. Bad because it separates them somewhat from my family(not THAT much but it does cause a rift) and I have to keep it secret( I told my bro once and few years back and didn't believe it worth crap) and I believe the moment when I found out it caused my brother and I to turn out differently then we would have. He is all grumpy and serious. Just the other night I went into his room to say good night and he screamed bloody murder at me. Not that he can't be fun he just is more grumpy. I turned out a bit more goofy and immature though still reserved. The way I am reserved is that I never really open up to anyone, not even my family. I don't know why that is. It my be part of the cause why I have some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder(I just noticed this) You see during school days when I got home I forgot what I wanted to do(whether it was psi stuff or not) so I started to repeat what I wanted to do, say I wanted to play on the computer I would label it as computer. I made a sort of a list this way. For example shadow,mp3,Jak. Which is (for real) a list of stuff I bought on ebay I need to return, A shadow the hedgehog game,mp3 player and an Jak 2 to game. I automatically do this when I want to remember stuff. And I find it hard to stop repeating it in my, it just intrudes. Which according to wikipedia is ocd. Though it doesn't interfere in my life really, just annoys the crap out of me. Well anyways, tell away!!!
Tell hell I sent you
1.Dude, that's awesome!! 2: don't you mean. Both:Excellent!!!
For a second there I thought I was going to have to rip you open,eat your entrails and floss my teeth with your tendons in front of your grieving family.
TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!!!!!!!!
But I don't want to...
TOO F&*(%@# bad!!!!!!!!!
evil? What do you mean? I am not evil. All I want to do is pull out someones still beating heart with my bare hands.
If I'm going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly
Said by the silent one:
Red bull
It most definately did NOT give me wings. I was promised wings. Someone will die today.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face
Rane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
ShadowRain

ShadowRain is an unknown quantity at this point
Interesting… you and your brother may simply have different personalities—it's not uncommon for one sibling to be more serious and another to be more laid back and "goofy". Psionics may have played into it though, which is an interesting possibility.

As for your possible OCD, if that is your only symptom, it probably isn't OCD. OCD has two parts: obsessions and compulsions. The obsessions are intrusive and disturbing thoughts, and the compulsions are actions that the person feels compelled to do in order to avoid whatever disaster they are obsessing over. The compulsions are often completely logically unrelated to the obsessions, for example, compulsions to step in certain patterns over a section of pavement in order to make sure that the plane one's friend is on does not crash (the obsession). If the person failed to carry out the compulsion, there is a very strong feeling that the disaster would occur (like the plane crashing). The person with OCD may realize that logically this makes no sense, but they feel compelled to carry out the compulsions anyway.
All that said, just plain intrusive thoughts would not necessarily mean that a person has OCD. For example, lots of people get songs stuck in their heads, and while this may annoy them like crazy, it isn't OCD. Your mental lists may be intrusive, and there may be a certain amount of anxiety attached to failing to repeat them (you may forget something, etc.) but it isn't necessarily full-blown OCD. There are other diagnostic criteria that would need to be met, as well as the usual question of whether it is causing clinical distress or impairment (if it isn't, then it isn't really a disorder). If they are really bothering you, then some more exploration of what you are doing and why is in order, but otherwise, don't freak out about it too much.
Also, another thought – your obsessive thought patterns may be another symptom of some other deeper reason you have for not opening up to people, rather than being the reason for you being reserved…

Sorry, can you tell I was a psych major? lol. Anyway, I should probably stop trying to psychoanalyze your post and answer your actual question now

I haven't known about psionics for very long, but what I have learned has been more on the order of coping with abilities I already have (I'm a born-on empath), rather than developing many new ones (yet). These coping mechanisms have been very helpful (shielding, for example) in life in general. Psionics has added another facet to my life, and one that I have to keep secret, but I have been pretty used to "weird" stuff happening as well as keeping some things hidden from most people, so it hasn't changed things overall a great deal.

What it has really changed is I finally feel like I've found a community where some people understand me… I've always felt like I see *more* and *differently* than other people, but this is the first group that seems to experience things in a similar way such that they actually can understand.

So, as far as I know, any changes so far as a result of learning psionics have been good ones. I don't know how this will change once I start learning more new skills though.
ShadowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
Rane
Thinker

Rane is an unknown quantity at this point
First of all, thanks for the thing about ocd, guess I should of read more carefully. Well anyways it is weird, I felt that I have seen things differently to.
Tell hell I sent you
1.Dude, that's awesome!! 2: don't you mean. Both:Excellent!!!
For a second there I thought I was going to have to rip you open,eat your entrails and floss my teeth with your tendons in front of your grieving family.
TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!!!!!!!!
But I don't want to...
TOO F&*(%@# bad!!!!!!!!!
evil? What do you mean? I am not evil. All I want to do is pull out someones still beating heart with my bare hands.
If I'm going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly
Said by the silent one:
Red bull
It most definately did NOT give me wings. I was promised wings. Someone will die today.
Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face
Rane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:46 AM   #4
thegrogen
Insane poetic coder

thegrogen is an unknown quantity at this point
Aaaargh.

"Should HAVE" or "should'VE". NOT "should of"!
I have failed. Yet how can I act as a signpost when the road itself is invisible and the destination unknown, when the road seems to go off the beaten path? Are there signs farther down that road that say “YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A SQUIRREL”?
thegrogen is offline   Reply With Quote