Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Miscellaneous > Fluff and Flights of Fancy

Fluff and Flights of Fancy Is it absurd, "out there", vanishingly unlikely, ridiculous, or logically a bit questionable? Here's where it goes!

View Poll Results: Which one did you like the best
1 7 41.18%
2 4 23.53%
3 8 47.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #81
NeverMore
Psionically challenged

NeverMore is an unknown quantity at this point
crystal athame brings up an excellent point when he mentions a "feeling" u can't describe, a philosopher (can't remember who at the moment) once said something along the lines of "words are the boundries of my world, my vocabulary defines the way i think" some of the thoughts and feelings we can't explain are simply signals created by our brain that our limited languages are incapable of describing, it brings to mind a line from a song: "language just happened, it was never planned and it's inadequate to describe where i am" since most people think in either words or pictures our conscious mind is limited by either our vocabulary or our scope of imagination, thus more complex signals from our subconscious can be misinterpreted as somethign "supernatural" because we don't possess the means to process them in our memory banks

"If you tremble indignation at every injustice you are a comrade of mine." -Che Guevara

"Las Vegas: All the amenities life has to offer in a habitat unfit to grow a tomato"

"Mankind will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." -Denis Deirot

Live for yourself, Die for a cause.- me

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted" -chaos mantra
NeverMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #82
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

psi seeker 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had a breef thought which is annother way psionics might extend your life.
If when a person dies you add the fragments of their soul onto your own or you
vamp the actual life energy from living things wouldn't you have more life energy
which causes your body to follow suit and repair it's self faster?

Different topic if emotions can be imprinted onto a persons energy and be transfered
through that energy who says thoughts and memorys can't be imprented onto your aura
which will continue as a construct copy of you when you die. Just something to think about.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
psi seeker 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #83
CrystalAthame
Seeker of Knowledge

CrystalAthame is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi seeker 34 View Post
I had a breef thought which is annother way psionics might extend your life.
If when a person dies you add the fragments of their soul onto your own or you
vamp the actual life energy from living things wouldn't you have more life energy
which causes your body to follow suit and repair it's self faster?

Different topic if emotions can be imprinted onto a persons energy and be transfered
through that energy who says thoughts and memorys can't be imprented onto your aura
which will continue as a construct copy of you when you die. Just something to think about.
That whole concept is going off of the assumption that a soul even exists. and I don't think that flooding your body with a different type of energy will prolong your life, because if it could, there would be people who are already immortal. There are more complex things than just energy that contribute to death and regeneration of your cellular biology. You'd have to go deep into your DNA and reprogram it...if that is even possible. You'd have to have an indepth understanding of how your body works and how your genetics work.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #84
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

I have only herd about stealing souls to extend your life in fantasy movies and books.
It's still an interesting thought.

The biggest illusion in reality is that reality itself is an illusion. Reality itself is in fact not an illusion that is why we obey it's rules not the other way around.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #85
CrystalAthame
Seeker of Knowledge

Hence the reason this is in the Fluff section. Fantasy may have some basis in fact, but not enough to merit even being considered as a technique. The only thing that really works is trial and error, and learning from people who have experienced. Speaking about things that you've only heard about from fantasy and sci-fi is the easiest way to get ridiculed in the guild...I've seen it happen. Some of the senior members can be a bit overly sarcastic when they reply...or just plain blunt.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #86
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

Such is the process of learning luckily I'm learning how to say things in such a way as
to not be pounded when I'm wrong.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #87
CrystalAthame
Seeker of Knowledge

Quote:
I have only herd about stealing souls to extend your life in fantasy movies and books.
It's still an interesting thought.
This is not a good way to get verbally flogged.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #88
psi seeker 34
highly advanced non

I find that I would get thrashed far worse if I stated that as fact rather than stating
a fictional source.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #89
CrystalAthame
Seeker of Knowledge

Quote:
I find that I would get thrashed far worse if I stated that as fact rather than stating
a fictional source.
Probably. I can definitely see it happening.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:05 AM   #90
Oneiria
Flutterby

Oneiria is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Just sayin...

The first construct is good. I think about it lots... yes I do, like minds and all that, lol.

The second one - if you have no where to go when you kick it could turn into number three - IF you stop yourself going to your next identity... (of course I am guessing)

The third one is quite possible, however, the result is this one: If you snatch a body while someone is in it (and it is the only way to do it because you cannot inhabit a dead body), and you stay there for keeps (it is not possible to do that part) - you can entrap yourself in a dual personality - dual minded - because you cannot kick the other consciousness out - they were the born-in soul. The persona you inhabit will be relegated to a life of mental instability and both are doomed. Evil or not, Karma is not to be messed with.

Thankfully, co-habitation can only occur for a brief time, if your body dies while you are gone you will disengage from the visitation, and your consciousness will cease to be. If the inhabitant dies while you are visiting, you are shut out of the unfamiliar body and returned rather forcefully into your own.

Construct #4
I would rather die and take my chances on my next go round... yes I expect to do another run at it, so immortality is mine already! (I have already put my request in for hazel eyes)

Physics Law: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it transforms from one form to another.

There is no disconnect,

Oneiria[
/FONT]
Oneiria is offline   Reply With Quote