Psion Guild Forums  

Go Back   Psion Guild Forums > Training > Energy Working, Constructs, and Shielding

Energy Working, Constructs, and Shielding Discuss moving and sensing energy, creating shields, psi balls and other constructs, linking, defensive techniques, and more.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
MindlessInvalid
Angry Deconstructionist

MindlessInvalid is on a distinguished road
Ideas from fiction that may work.

One idea is the sanre glove from bleach, A glove that disperses the energy that a certain group of characters in the anime used as a weapon. After training with the sanre glove the character that used it grew more powerful.
I built a construct bound to a bracelet that does this dispersion and I'm fighting it for control of the psi I gather and generate so I can get more skilled with energy.

MindlessInvalid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
hagith

hagith is an unknown quantity at this point
I would think a construct meant to enhance your own ability to do energy work would be easier and faster, but this way may be a valid way to increase your efficiency while training, like wearing weights on your ankles when running. I'm not sure if it would work the same way though.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Inkheart

Inkheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm sounds interesting. Don't quite get why you'd be fighting it for energy though.
Inkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #4
Redregon
on a journey.

Redregon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkheart View Post
Hmm sounds interesting. Don't quite get why you'd be fighting it for energy though.
i think that if this is what i'm thinking, it'd be like a vamping construct... basically meant to disperse or ground your energies.

i can imagine that if it was controlled properly and one was working with it on, they'd be working harder to build up a charge... such that when they aren't in range of the construct, their energies might be a bit stronger? this is more a theory, however... i do have some anecdotal ideas that support this, but i don't want to render it as "fact" until it's been tested a bit more thoroughly

Namaste
Redregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:04 AM   #5
miri
It's all just a phase

miri is an unknown quantity at this point
There are lots of ideas from fiction that may, and even do, work. A great deal of standard Chaos magic comes from Lovecraft's fiction. They theorize wide knowledge and belief in a thing makes it more real, this has been studied by many circles, and is larelgy found to be true. I recall watching a documentary years ago about a group of eight or so individuals with little or no psychism/magic training meeting once every two weeks for over a year, to discuss a fictional person/entity. As I recall by the end of the term when they tried to 'evoke' the person/entity large psychokinetic phenomena clearly indicated the existence. In this fashion most everything from fiction can be useful, though that is not to say they necessarily are useful.

So a Master of Constructs, is a Master of Gods?
miri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:22 AM   #6
Summer Kneebone

Summer Kneebone is an unknown quantity at this point
With ask of this question on here you did very nice work buddy, now people can get interesting information. If you are facing troubles in writing of lab report then hire lab report writing service online for your best works.
Summer Kneebone is offline   Reply With Quote